Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 28-02-2020, 05:46 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
Why has charging my iPhone or iPad using my MacBook become such a pain?
Plug the phone in and I have to unlock the phone before it starts charging then often but oddly not always, I have to "trust the computer" too. Just charge the ******* thing FFS!
Sort of relative (well not really), last night I wanted to check for something on iCloud.com using the iPhone.

I typed in iCloud.com into Safari and it came up, but wanted me to log-in with my Apple username and password, which I did. It then sent me a text message to the same phone I'm using with an access code. I enter the access code and it lets me in.

I then get an email telling me someone is using my Apple username/password.

In the meantime, what I'm looking for in iCloud wasn't there anyway!
Old 28-02-2020, 05:53 PM
Significant Udder

Direwolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Just did some messing around with my music on my iPhone using iTunes (I know, I know), and all the album artwork is all ****ed up. Wrong artwork attached to the song. Looks good in iTunes, but not on the phone.

After Googling it, seems like I'm not alone. Very frustrating as there does not seem an easy fix.
Honest question. Does iTunes serve a purpose anymore? I have an iPhone but never use iTunes - am I missing something?
Old 28-02-2020, 05:55 PM
Significant Udder

Direwolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse View Post
If you go there that often surely you know how long it takes to get there....
Ah, but it takes into account possible delays like more than expected people ordering takeaways from that curry house and thus increasing traffic on the road.
Old 28-02-2020, 06:09 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direwolf View Post
Honest question. Does iTunes serve a purpose anymore? I have an iPhone but never use iTunes - am I missing something?
Not really, it's just where I have all my music. I can't be arsed to change anything.

I can't remember the last time I actually used it to buy any music.
Old 28-02-2020, 06:24 PM

daverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direwolf View Post
Technically iTunes doesn’t exist anymore. So no.

Although the iTunes Store does.

There is just a music app and a tv app etc...
Old 28-02-2020, 06:37 PM
Significant Udder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Not really, it's just where I have all my music. I can't be arsed to change anything.

I can't remember the last time I actually used it to buy any music.
Much like mine then although I am a Spotify user now.
Old 28-02-2020, 06:38 PM
Significant Udder

Quote:
Originally Posted by daverambo2 View Post
Technically iTunes doesn’t exist anymore. So no.

Although the iTunes Store does.

There is just a music app and a tv app etc...
Ta - you never know whether there is something inherently wonderful that you are missing out on.
Old 28-02-2020, 06:42 PM
Banded by Moderationers

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Freedman9 View Post
I am due an upgrade in April and was wondering what to get from the following;

iPhone 8 - This is merely from a price point of view and the fact it has middle button
iPhone XR - Probably the newest cheapest alternative
iPhone 11 - This one slightly pricier and it would be the basic model

iPhone XS and X I do not know enough about to comment, but what would people choose from this list of options?
11 - for the double lenses on the back. Much better if you like taking pictures.
Old 28-02-2020, 06:45 PM

Wayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is here
They ****ed up Itunes. It should have been a simple software to listen to music. I used it for many years but they constantly changed it to the point where it became unusable. Mixing in you library with things for sell makes it very confusing and off putting.

Amazon have a similar issue, rather than separate the films that can be watch online on Amazon Prime, if you search a title it will come up with the many ways of purchasing it rather than just to check it is on there for VOD viewing. This doenst make the platform useful if you just want to watch something, and I feel like they are just trying to get me to buy something as some kind of trick. They need to separate their stock for sale and stock for VOD as it is confusing and off putting. Netflix is far simpler as if you find something you are not suddenly denied watching it. Amazon is a Dopamine blocker!
Old 22-03-2020, 09:00 PM
The Spiky One

Just realized my wife was not getting family reminders on her iPhone.

Went on iCloud and saw she was "x" out. After a lot of Googling, it appears it needed upgrading and re-inviting.

Walked through the process, and all is good again, but **** me... a little communication would have been helpful. Not sure when this stopped sharing, but could have been important. Incidentally Calendar seemed to work just fine as is.

I appreciate there are bigger problems in the world at the moment, but still bloody annoying.
Old 23-03-2020, 01:28 AM
The Spiky One

OK, something to take your minds off Covid-19...

In my Reminders App I have two iCloud list - My Reminders and Family Reminders.

Family reminders is shared with my wife. When I go to Reminders settings and then Default List, only My Reminders is shown as an option.

On both my wife's phone and my iPad, both My Reminders and Family List are listed as an option for your default.

I've Googled every combination of question I can think of without an answer. I've re-booted the phone, and uploaded all the latest software. Still no luck.

I even created a new "test" list and put a test reminder in there, and sure enough this showed up as an option in settings as a default.

Beginning to think it might have something to do with being the owner of the Family List, so no need to have an option to make it the default.

Anyone?

(Appreciate this is minutia, but hey... need to occupy your minds while in stay at home mode)
Old 23-03-2020, 11:06 PM
The Spiky One

Now I've discovered any Reminders on my or my wife's phone are not syncing with my iPad.

Yesterday to get the two phones Reminders to sync I upgraded both to iOS 13.3.1. Apparently my older iPad (which works perfectly fine for my needs) cannot be updated beyond iOS 12.4.5, and apparently they are now incompatible.

Looks like Reminders update has been a real cluster **** reading on-line stories.

To be honest I don't use Reminders much, especially for family stuff (use the Calendar for appointments etc..), but due to being stuck indoors got to start messing, and just got deeper and deeper into it.
Old 22-04-2020, 03:42 AM
The Spiky One

I've noticed the sub folders in my mail are sometimes there, and sometimes are not. They seem to come and go randomly.

What's that all about?

My email is a Yahoo based account, which I'm sure is to blame.
Old 21-05-2020, 09:55 PM
The Spiky One

It would appear I'm the only one having iPhone issues lately!

Another (if not the same) email issue where an email that is say 2 months old is showing up in my Outlook Inbox as I want it to (it contains information I need to look at periodically), but it is not showing up in the Inbox on my phone. All new emails come and go as normal, but seem to disappear after "x" amount of time.

Extensive Googling would appear to confirm I'm not alone with this issue, but as of yet no one has found a satisfactory solution. All the fixes "experts" suggest have not worked, for me or others.

I'm not looking for advice... just a place to bitch!
Old 28-09-2020, 10:48 PM

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Any know the best way On an iphone to record snippets from various podcasts, sound only?
Old 29-09-2020, 08:20 AM

Marki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Any know the best way On an iphone to record snippets from various podcasts, sound only?
Some ideas in here

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 16-10-2020, 08:40 AM
CANDUB

Pidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is here
How times have changed. A new iPhone and zip on here.
Old 16-10-2020, 10:38 AM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Because it’s so meh I’m trying to fathom where the magic is ? Faster and 5G? My iPhone 8 works fine as long as I don’t load a new heavy Version of IOS. I can get a Pixel 5G for half the price. New emoticons ?????? I never used the old ones. It’s boring and still has a stupid notch

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 16-10-2020, 01:05 PM
Banded by Moderationers

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pidster View Post
How times have changed. A new iPhone and zip on here.
It's a c~nt of a company now and people are grimly accepting they are locked in a bit because the opposition is still such complete dog shit.

6.1 inch increased in price by £100 for no obvious reason other than they could release a smaller one and say they have a phone for £699.
Old 16-10-2020, 01:13 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
It's a c~nt of a company now and people are grimly accepting they are locked in a bit because the opposition is still such complete dog shit.

6.1 inch increased in price by £100 for no obvious reason other than they could release a smaller one and say they have a phone for £699.
Yep my contract has just run out so whilst I have just lost my job Im keeping my old phone and going sim only. When I get my new one I will be going Pixel. I already have dropped the mac for a chrome book whislt it was being repared , which is as good if not better. Just got to work out how to get the music and pics back on the mac, so I can get them moved across. Mac wont index all the files on the extrenal unless i click on each one.

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018