Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 08-08-2004, 12:54 AM
Out but not down

Duffle Coat Sam the man is hereDuffle Coat Sam the man is hereDuffle Coat Sam the man is hereDuffle Coat Sam the man is hereDuffle Coat Sam the man is hereDuffle Coat Sam the man is hereDuffle Coat Sam the man is hereDuffle Coat Sam the man is hereDuffle Coat Sam the man is hereDuffle Coat Sam the man is hereDuffle Coat Sam the man is here
Tried to watch 21 Gram tonight. Gave up.After 1 hour.
Old 08-08-2004, 01:09 AM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Seen a couple of films recently.

First was 'Lost in Translation'. Still cannot work out whether its brilliant or a pile of pretentious toss.

Secondly was '16 years of Alcohol'. Still cannot work out whether its brilliant or a pile of pretentious toss either.

But BBC4 has a season of Italian films on starting tommorrow night which looks very good.
Old 08-08-2004, 10:54 AM
_

candide sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcandide sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcandide sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcandide sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcandide sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcandide sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcandide sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcandide sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcandide sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcandide sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcandide sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Quote:
Originally posted by sydney eagle
I have just watched the first half of the butterfly effect and it was quite good.I now have noisy visitors so I'll be watching the second half of it later on.
I watched that the other day. Liked it and discussed it with a colleague the next day - took us a couple of hours (!) to realise we had seen different endings. And there wasn't a choice of endings on the dvd I rented. Weird.
Old 08-08-2004, 10:59 AM
Puncheon above our weight

sydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by candide
I watched that the other day. Liked it and discussed it with a colleague the next day - took us a couple of hours (!) to realise we had seen different endings. And there wasn't a choice of endings on the dvd I rented. Weird.
funny you should mention that because not 20 minutes ago a friend of mine asked if I watched the alternate ending.I didn't know anything about it.

here in australia some video shops bring out "rental" dvd's and the ones they sell,the rental ones basically just have the movie on them and very little extras and the ones you buy in shops are the real deal with all the extras.I dont remember seeing any extras on my dvd i rented.
Old 08-08-2004, 02:21 PM
_

candide sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcandide sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcandide sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcandide sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcandide sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcandide sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcandide sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcandide sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcandide sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcandide sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcandide sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Quote:
Originally posted by sydney eagle
funny you should mention that because not 20 minutes ago a friend of mine asked if I watched the alternate ending.I didn't know anything about it.

here in australia some video shops bring out "rental" dvd's and the ones they sell,the rental ones basically just have the movie on them and very little extras and the ones you buy in shops are the real deal with all the extras.I dont remember seeing any extras on my dvd i rented.
No extras on mine, and none on my colleague's either, apparantly. Both rented. The other ending sounded good, too, so it's all good. Which one did you see, the one with him yelling at the girl at the barbeque or the one where that didn't happen?
Old 08-08-2004, 08:27 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Mat ov CPFC
First was 'Lost in Translation'. Still cannot work out whether its brilliant or a pile of pretentious toss.
Saw it last night on DVD. I think my expectations were so low after hearing only bad things about it, that I found myself really enjoying it!

I think it is a "thinking man's" movie, and thus not for every one. I could easily see myself in his (Bill Murray's) situation as an aging male tempted by a girl young/old enough to be my daughter. Especially if she looked Scarlett Johansson!

I guess the main talking point is "what did he whisper in her ear at the end?"
Old 09-08-2004, 12:47 AM

sydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by candide
No extras on mine, and none on my colleague's either, apparantly. Both rented. The other ending sounded good, too, so it's all good. Which one did you see, the one with him yelling at the girl at the barbeque or the one where that didn't happen?
I saw the one where it didnt happen
Old 09-08-2004, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog
Saw it last night on DVD. I think my expectations were so low after hearing only bad things about it, that I found myself really enjoying it!

I think it is a "thinking man's" movie, and thus not for every one. I could easily see myself in his (Bill Murray's) situation as an aging male tempted by a girl young/old enough to be my daughter. Especially if she looked Scarlett Johansson!

I guess the main talking point is "what did he whisper in her ear at the end?"
I started watching and after ten minutes I was thinking "this will put me to sleep soon" as it was boring but then I got really into it and ended up loving the movie.Bill murray was fantastic and Scarlett johansson...well

the end where he whispered to her kinda reminds me of the end of radioheads "just" video...I think it's just left for us to interpret(sp?) for ourselves

Last edited by sydney eagle; 09-08-2004 at 12:54 AM.
Old 09-08-2004, 01:23 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Watched 'Missing' with Cate Blanchett, Tommy Lee Jones, Aaron Eckhart, Evan Rachel Wood, Jenna Boyd.

Now for whatever reason I had been informed that this was a contemporary kidnap/cop thriller. Race against time to save the kidnapped girl from murderers.

Most of that is right except that it is a western. The film is positioned as a 'what it was really like' in terms of the characters, weapons and lifestyle. No real good guys - just some better than others. Add a touch of jungle law and then a 'mystic twist and I guess you have the ingredients.

Storyline is OK but as a film it feels almost 20 mins or more too long. Just when the pace should pick up it settles back for another slow spot. I like TLJ in most things and again he does well here. Most of them play their parts well I think. So - yes I enjoyed it. Would I recommend it - yes , but carefully. If you like westerns, TLJ or something different then it probably works. If not then maybe look for something else.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:10 AM

christopher was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldchristopher was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldchristopher was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldchristopher was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldchristopher was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldchristopher was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldchristopher was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldchristopher was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldchristopher was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldchristopher was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldchristopher was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Saw the first half on a plane, found it quite enjoyable. Missed the end unfortunately due to landing. Keep meaning to rent it.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:53 AM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
saw the american re-make of The Ring on Saturday.
It was quite good, bit scary.
Though i did see Scary Movie 3 a couple of weeks ago, and that kind of ruined the Ring for me as it I knew what was going to happen
Old 17-09-2004, 10:07 AM
Old skool BBSer

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Saw King Arthur last night... I walked out, which seeing as I was watching it in bed, caused quite a lot of consternation in the village square!

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 17-09-2004, 10:14 AM

Sheppy Eagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSheppy Eagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSheppy Eagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSheppy Eagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSheppy Eagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSheppy Eagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSheppy Eagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSheppy Eagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSheppy Eagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSheppy Eagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSheppy Eagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Watched Football Factory the other evening and felt that this was just an modern day version of "The Firm"
Old 17-09-2004, 10:19 AM
laisse faire

rkenyon is playing for a contract
super troopers on sky

heard tarantino loved so thought i,d give it a try

quite funny at times, abit different to the usual attempts at comedy by the yanks

f**k this shite
Old 17-09-2004, 10:33 AM

I watched gothica yesterday.It was good without being great.
Old 01-01-2005, 11:48 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Went to see Phantom of the Opera last night. Mixed thoughts really. Basically found it exactly the same as watching it on stage, i.e. they didn’t to the best of my knowledge deviate from the play in either scenes or format, just had more whistles and bells that the movie effects can bring.

When it is good it was good, and when it’s bad it was boring as heck (which is what I thought about the stage show). Found my mind wondering a few times. I was expecting the music to sound better in a state of the art theater, but found it a little flat.

Christine was cute and had a good voice, but was not overly impressed by anybody else. (Disclaimer – I wouldn’t know a good voice from a bad one, and can’t sing in the shower!)

Basically if you saw the stage show and liked it, you will like the movie, and visa versa I’m sure.

If you have not seen the stage version, I would be very hesitant to recommend it.
Old 02-01-2005, 01:35 PM
Norwegian red and blue

Stigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is here
Coffee and Cigarettes

Saw the movie Coffee and Cigarettes on DVD last night. Okay movie I guess. Although it didn’t quite “do it for me”. Some okay dialogs/scenes but...
I’ll give it a 6 out of 10.

About the movie: A comic series of short vignettes that build on one another to create a cumulative effect as the characters discuss things as diverse as caffeine popsicles, Paris in the twenties and the use of nicotine as an insecticide all the while sitting around sipping coffee and smoking cigarettes. As Jarmusch delves into the normal pace of our world from an extraordinary angle, he shows just how absorbing the obsessions, joys and addictions of life can be.
04/10/04 Crystal Palace - Fulham 2-0
29/05/04 Crystal Palace – West Ham 1-0
28/02/04 Crystal Palace – Gillingham 1-0
02/02/02 Sheffield W – Crystal Palace 1-3
02/10/99 Crystal Palace – Portsmouth 4-0
Old 19-01-2005, 09:37 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Film Corner

I don't think there is an exact film thread to describe a film, new or old, you have watched lately. As per the book and music threads.

So here goes.

Collateral - Great 8.5/10 Loved it.

Shrek 2 - Good 7.5/10 not as good as the original IMO

Frida - 7.5 interesting and a bit sad, about a famous Mexican artist or in fact two of them. I think there was some elaboration in parts though about the people she may have slept with.

City of God - 8.5 Why did I wait so long to watch this.

Nine Queens - 8 Argentinian classic catch the original as idea lacking hollywood are remaking it.

Man on Fire - 7 good effort by Denzil

Valentin - 8 Little known Argentinian masterpiece, perhaps a little too short in length, otherwise would have scored more.

Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil - 6 at best. Disappointed

Chinatown - 4, really dull and possibly the start of Nicholson underserved cult movie star status. And I do like some of his movies. But eremember the rave reviews such sh1te as Witches of Eastwick got.

Old Boy - 8.5 maybe more. Film of 2004.
Old 19-01-2005, 09:40 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Re: Film Corner

Quote:
Originally posted by PeterH

Collateral - Great 8.5/10 Loved it.

Good film saw it a couple of weeks back.
Old 19-01-2005, 09:42 PM

christopher was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldchristopher was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldchristopher was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldchristopher was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldchristopher was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldchristopher was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldchristopher was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldchristopher was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldchristopher was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldchristopher was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldchristopher was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
To view the link you have to Register or Login