Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 12-07-2007, 10:23 PM
White Car

TrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Selhurst Celtic
Porky's.
Watched this last night. Saw it years ago as a kid and thinking it the rudest and most hilarious thing ever.
It's a wee bit dated but I still liked it from a retrospective point of view. Wasn't there a big fuss about the release of this film because of the content? If so consider how far we've come and what gets through the censors now. Ah such innocent lives we once led.
Proky's - The most successful movie to ever come out of Canada
Old 12-07-2007, 11:35 PM
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

Beatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Latest Pirates of the Carib - what a load of rubbish !

RThey should have stopped after the first one, but now it is just a "Cash Cow" for all concerned, with sensible dialogue and plot missing. I believe at one point, Johnny Depp says something like, "what I have just said was a load of twaddle ! " and I think he was right.

"And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySwY7...eature=related
Old 13-07-2007, 12:36 AM

Jonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by PalaceMonkey
it's hard to watch a film that has such a huge buildup, I'm bound not to enjoy it
It is a great film but it is worth being prepared for what you will see. Although it is a war movie it is more cerebral than action (though there is some action). It is based on Conrad’s Heart of Darkness and is an examination of man’s descent into savagery. A sort of grown up’s Lord of the Flies.

It contains one of the classic scenes of modern cinema: the Americans wiping out a Vietnamese village with the attack helicopters playing The Ride of the Vallkyries at maximum volume to spook the villagers. The scene ends with the quote, ”I love the smell of Napalm in the morning”.
Old 13-07-2007, 04:09 AM

grey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Quote:
Originally posted by Jonboy
It is a great film but it is worth being prepared for what you will see. Although it is a war movie it is more cerebral than action (though there is some action). It is based on Conrad’s Heart of Darkness and is an examination of man’s descent into savagery. A sort of grown up’s Lord of the Flies.

It contains one of the classic scenes of modern cinema: the Americans wiping out a Vietnamese village with the attack helicopters playing The Ride of the Vallkyries at maximum volume to spook the villagers. The scene ends with the quote, ”I love the smell of Napalm in the morning”.
great film , wasnt sheen battling his own demons at the time as well (alcahol ), and i believe he actually had a heart attack during or just before filming
Old 13-07-2007, 01:59 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by grey ghost
great film , wasnt sheen battling his own demons at the time as well (alcahol ), and i believe he actually had a heart attack during or just before filming
During I believe...
Spotting the really young Harrison Ford is fun too
Old 13-07-2007, 02:01 PM
Old skool BBSer

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by grey ghost
Had a heartattack which nearly killed him and held filming up for months. the scene where he loses it in the hotel room was shot for real, the blood, booze and breakdown were all real.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 13-07-2007, 03:00 PM
'or 0=0'

The Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is here
Saw:

The Messengers: Crap US horror movie directed by an Asian director.

Harry Potter - Phoenix something: Good, dark and each film is starting to feel more adult. I'm quite enjoying the series now.
Old 13-07-2007, 04:46 PM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Oddjob
IMHO Godfather is the 2nd most over-rated film of all time
very dull, turned off half way through.
Old 14-07-2007, 11:54 PM
Completed Member

Embassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
'Man on Fire' on BBC1 now, quality film!
Old 15-07-2007, 12:06 AM
Bored of the clique

Another Oxted Eagle Sam the man is hereAnother Oxted Eagle Sam the man is hereAnother Oxted Eagle Sam the man is hereAnother Oxted Eagle Sam the man is hereAnother Oxted Eagle Sam the man is hereAnother Oxted Eagle Sam the man is hereAnother Oxted Eagle Sam the man is hereAnother Oxted Eagle Sam the man is hereAnother Oxted Eagle Sam the man is hereAnother Oxted Eagle Sam the man is hereAnother Oxted Eagle Sam the man is here
Manon des Sources - saw it during the week and made the wife sit through it tonight. Its so good that after 10 minutes you forget that its subtitled, fantastic acting and a great twist (and Emmanuel Beart dancing in the nud)
Old 15-07-2007, 12:06 AM
Completed Member

Embassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Embassy No.1
'Man on Fire' on BBC1 now, quality film!
Watching it again, I'd venture DW's best
Old 15-07-2007, 12:41 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
The Prestige - Was really good, very enjoyable. Worth a look and only £5 in Asda!

Also watched Rear Window on Channel 5 earlier today. The re-make with Christopher Reeve. It wasn't really very good - especially if you like the Hitchcock one but interesting just to see Reeve act post-paralysis. Otherwise a poor re-make though.

Sirocco - A Bogart film I've seen before and had on DVD for ages and well, not on eof his best efforts. Not particularly interesting... even if it does star the greatest actor in the world ever
Old 15-07-2007, 12:49 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Embassy No.1
Watching it again, I'd venture DW's best
top top film. there are but a few actors that just by being in a film make me take note. DW is one and one that still has yet to let me down. doesnt seem to ever get mentioned like others do but i have yet to see a bad film with him in. This must be up there as one of if not the best though, very very good. had it on dvd and loaned it out, not yet returned so may have to go on the hunt!
Old 15-07-2007, 12:52 AM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally posted by bigend1
DW is one and one that still has yet to let me down. doesnt seem to ever get mentioned like others do but i have yet to see a bad film with him in.
I'm guessing you haven't looked that hard then. De ja vu?
Old 15-07-2007, 12:54 AM

Oliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Die Hard 4 - Bruce Willis in a truck, driving against a bunch of computer terrorists and a fighter jet, need I say more 9/10

New Harry Potter film - Not at all good, , shame because the books are quite enjoyable. 3/10

The Patient Warrior - Alright, bit boring. 5/10
Old 15-07-2007, 06:22 AM
'or 0=0'

The Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Oliver Varcoe
New Harry Potter film - Not at all good, , shame because the books are quite enjoyable. 3/10
Why didn't you like it? I thought it was pretty good.
Old 15-07-2007, 10:38 AM
Old skool BBSer

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash
I'm guessing you haven't looked that hard then. De ja vu?
Virtuosity was even worse.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 15-07-2007, 02:35 PM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally posted by Oliver Varcoe

I find that surprising too - all reviews seem to say it is a decent, well made film even if it's no work of genius.
Old 15-07-2007, 11:03 PM

LLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is here
Evan Almighty - pretty crap, a good cast so was dissapointing.

The Bourne Supremacy - enjoyed it, was sure I would though.
Old 15-07-2007, 11:05 PM
Erect Member

NO1FAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNO1FAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNO1FAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNO1FAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNO1FAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNO1FAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNO1FAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNO1FAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNO1FAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNO1FAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNO1FAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by LLCOOLSTEVE

The Bourne Supremacy - enjoyed it, was sure I would though.
Can't wait for the new one it's gonna be ace