Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 01-01-2004, 10:04 PM
Norwegian red and blue

Stigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is here
I also saw the film “Ring 0 – Birthday” today. I really liked the first movie. But I feel a bit fed up with it all now. I’ll give it 3 out of 10, it was a little bit too similar with the first one.
But If you just want a scary movie it’s okay.
Old 02-01-2004, 02:05 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Went to see “Something’s gotta give” with Jack Nicholson and Diane Keaton last night. Set out to see “Gold Mountain” but couldn’t find two seats together.

Actually quite enjoyed it, although I guess it is a bit of a “chick” movie due to it being about the JN character being tamed by an older woman after he only ever screwed around with young women.

I also though Jack was probably pretty much playing himself, and did not have to stretch his acting ability too much, i.e. rich 63 year old womanizer who prefers women under 30!

Very basic movie though, don’t go looking for special effects or convoluted plot, could have easily been made just for the small screen though. 6 out of 10 I guess.

BTW, The girl playing Diane Keaton’s daughter was rather fit in a skinny kind of way.

Last edited by Hedgehog; 02-01-2004 at 02:09 AM.
Old 02-01-2004, 02:57 AM
Banned by Moderators

daz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Just watched Murder In The First on Channel 5 and The Breakfast Club on BBC1. Both excellent.
Old 02-01-2004, 03:33 AM
Exploring....

Neil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Re-watched X2 (X-Men 2) last night. A much better film than the first one (and I liked that too).

Strong performances, great effects and (shock horror!) a decent story too.

Highly recommended!!!
Old 02-01-2004, 05:13 AM
6000 miles from there

Nobby has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Nobby has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Nobby has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Nobby has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Nobby has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Nobby has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Nobby has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Nobby has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Nobby has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Nobby has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Nobby has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
"Love, Actually"...?

"Bollocks, Actually"
Old 02-01-2004, 05:15 AM
6000 miles from there

Nobby has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Nobby has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Nobby has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Nobby has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Nobby has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Nobby has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Nobby has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Nobby has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Nobby has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Nobby has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Nobby has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
"Capturing The Friedmans". Documentary. To be released in UK in April 2004.

Riveting.
Old 02-01-2004, 05:27 AM
Top Banana

BUNGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBUNGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBUNGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBUNGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBUNGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBUNGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBUNGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBUNGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBUNGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBUNGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBUNGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Last film I saw was S.W.A.T - Enjoyed it, keeps you entrertained while it's going and anything with Samuel L Jackson has to be half decent. Also I like LL cool J as an actor so I was happy. Some of the editing leaves abit to be desired though.
Old 02-01-2004, 05:57 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Nobby
"Capturing The Friedmans". Documentary. To be released in UK in April 2004.

Riveting.
With Palace in mind, shouldn't that be "Capturing the Freedmans?"
Old 02-01-2004, 06:20 AM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog
With Palace in mind, shouldn't that be "Capturing the Freedmans?"
I just took a look at the reviews and a short trailer for this documentary, and now probably regret making light of the title, seeing as how my wife is Jewish and grew up in Texas in the 60’s and 70’s. Might be rather poignant after watching the trailer.
Old 02-01-2004, 04:48 PM
Palace 'til i die

Aki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is here
Watched an old movie called Barfly yesterday. Its a bit like Leaving Las Vegas but not half as morbid.
Old 02-01-2004, 05:44 PM
Travel gnu called Kylie!

lightweight belongs to Ollielightweight belongs to Ollielightweight belongs to Ollielightweight belongs to Ollielightweight belongs to Ollielightweight belongs to Ollielightweight belongs to Ollielightweight belongs to Ollielightweight belongs to Ollielightweight belongs to Ollielightweight belongs to Ollie
Saw Buffalo soldiers last night - good film, though not as funny as I'd hoped (we wanted to go for a comedy!)
Old 02-01-2004, 05:47 PM

Justin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Last film at the cinema was Scoobydoo. Better than the series but a bit scary in parts.

Last film on DVD was Spiderman. Riveting and the girl, MJ, was very fit! Why couldn't Parker have gone out with her though? (sorry if that spoils the ending)
Old 02-01-2004, 06:13 PM
Selhurstian

EagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is here
Saw Old School. Very funny film and has a fantastic cast. Vince Vaughn, Luke Wilson and Will Ferrel as the main characters.
Old 04-01-2004, 05:53 PM
Norwegian red and blue

Stigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is here
I saw the movie Resident evil last night on the telly.
Actually thought it was a good movie. A bit surprised over myself, but this movie was action right from the start to the end. The movie of course based on the videogame, and although it was a bit unrealistic(which I normally don’t like), it was a fun 90 minutes.
And that Milla Jovovich is a nice girl too.
I’ll give it 6 out of 10.
Old 04-01-2004, 06:32 PM
Illusions, Michael.

Diggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Saw "what women want" on telly the other day, thought it was a pretty good effort. Mel Gibson was convincing and it was peek inside what women are thinking in some situations (even if some of it was blatantly obvious). 7/10.

"John and Mary had never met. They were like two hummingbirds who had also never met."

"His thoughts tumbled in his head, making and breaking alliances like underpants in a dryer without Cling Free."
Old 04-01-2004, 08:30 PM

Kevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is here
After being recently enlightened to To view the link you have to Register or Login and bit torrent downloads thanks to Dan Nash, I've just finished watching Matrix Reloaded.

One of those films you really have to watch at some point but am glad I didn't have to spend money in the process. Bit like Fight Club, which I downloaded yesterday.
Old 04-01-2004, 08:34 PM
Returned.

Daniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betray
Glad you're enjoying it Kev.

I watched What Women Want last, and it was quite good. Seen it before. What a gift and a curse it'd be to have that ability though.
Old 04-01-2004, 09:49 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Nothing much, going to see LOTR3 in a couple of hours though.

Saw Matrix 3 and agree with others that both sequels ruined the first picture.

Plenty of cable in my appartment here. Film I enjoy a fair bit is Shallow Al.

Not much takes my fancy to be honest, why did they do another Peter Pan, whats the point.
Old 05-01-2004, 08:41 PM
Exploring....

Neil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Saw Pirates Of The Caribbean (for a second time).

Still holds up quite well. Johnny Depp is hilarious - I hope for his sake he played that role for laughs!
Old 05-01-2004, 08:51 PM

MicksSis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicksSis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicksSis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicksSis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicksSis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicksSis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicksSis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicksSis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicksSis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicksSis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicksSis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I watched 'The Ring' on Saturday evening........good film......At times I needed to hide behind a cushion, and I must of jumped at least a dozen times.