Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 05-01-2004, 10:45 PM
Exploring....

Neil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by MicksSis
I watched 'The Ring' on Saturday evening........good film......At times I needed to hide behind a cushion, and I must of jumped at least a dozen times.
The original or the remake?
Old 05-01-2004, 10:51 PM

as216 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldas216 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldas216 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldas216 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldas216 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldas216 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldas216 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldas216 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldas216 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldas216 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldas216 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Watched Wonder Boys on telly last night - very good film with Michael Douglas actually being quite bearable for once.
Old 05-01-2004, 11:21 PM
thomaso

toms rockin is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowstoms rockin is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowstoms rockin is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowstoms rockin is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowstoms rockin is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowstoms rockin is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowstoms rockin is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowstoms rockin is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowstoms rockin is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowstoms rockin is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowstoms rockin is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadows
Quote:
Originally posted by Maidstoned Eagle
Dog Soldiers

Great fun!
Couldn't agree more. So cheaply made yet so great.
Old 05-01-2004, 11:29 PM
thomaso

toms rockin is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowstoms rockin is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowstoms rockin is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowstoms rockin is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowstoms rockin is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowstoms rockin is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowstoms rockin is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowstoms rockin is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowstoms rockin is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowstoms rockin is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowstoms rockin is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadows
just some other points that i have read on the thread.

Donnie darko bloody amazing, Watchd the original of the ring a few weeks back after a few drinks. subtitles where bit blurred but i made my own version of it was bloody brilliant. i got some other stuff 2 add but i need sleep so....
Old 18-01-2004, 12:40 PM
Norwegian red and blue

Stigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is here
I saw the movie “A Man Apart” last night. The fact that the movie’s maIn star was Vin Diesel should have mad me think twice, but no. I have now seen 3 movies with this sorry excuse for an actor. He surely must be the worst actor ever in a big movie.
And the stories in the movies he’s in is terrible. I'll give this movie 1 out of 10 (but even that is almost to much for this crap movie).
I hereby promise to never see a Vin Diesel movie ever again.

Love changes a man. Revenge tears him apart. Yeah right...
Old 18-01-2004, 04:54 PM
Old skool BBSer

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Watch a TV movie on Sky last night called "The Day Reagan Was Shot". Very good.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 18-01-2004, 08:37 PM

Webb Sam the man is hereWebb Sam the man is hereWebb Sam the man is hereWebb Sam the man is hereWebb Sam the man is hereWebb Sam the man is hereWebb Sam the man is hereWebb Sam the man is hereWebb Sam the man is hereWebb Sam the man is hereWebb Sam the man is here
Anyone seen "Identity" with John Cusack and Ray Liotta? Rented it today and was an odd film too say the least. Loads of plot twists in it and hard to kepp track of the story line IMHO.
Old 18-01-2004, 10:16 PM
Puncheon above our weight

sydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is here
I watched finding Nemo last night...I love the animated pixar movies and this was no exception
Old 18-01-2004, 10:16 PM
Puncheon above our weight

sydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Kevin T
After being recently enlightened to To view the link you have to Register or Login
does it have a bunch of spyware attached?
Old 18-01-2004, 10:41 PM
Selhurstian

EagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is here
So many films on tonight. Think I'll watch Trainspotting and tape Hudsucker Proxy. Also watching Batman at the moment which is rubbish, but in a mindlessly entertaining way.
Scent of Woman is on too and is ok, but AL Pacino is too good and makes the others in the film look like idiots.
Old 19-01-2004, 08:37 AM
'or 0=0'

The Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is here
Saw over the weekend (rained a lot in Bogor and I was ill!):

Lord of The Rings 3: Very good film, completed the trilogy nicely. Wasn't too sure that it was better than the second one though and the ending....well, how many possible endings was there. It did drag a bit while it explained Sam's marriage etc - which I thought was not needed. 8/10

The Godfather: Amazingly this was the first time I've seen this film! Picked up the whole trilogy for £2.50 in Jakarta! The film was brilliant, one of the best films I've seen in a long time. Started watching the second, I just hope it's as good. 10/10

Who Is Cletis Taut: Never heard of this film starring Christian Slater before. It wasn't too bad actually. Easy to watch, nice story. 5/10

The Last Samurai: Brilliant film!!! Really enjoyed it - thought the film was brilliantly shot and the acting was class. Best film of the year. I love Japan and their history though, so maybe that influenced my decision to give it such a high score. 9/10

Freddy v Jason : Just what I expected really. Made me laugh. Seemed the story was a bit all over the place, but it was entertaining. 5/10

Cold Creek Manor : Crap. Not scary - waste of time. 2/10

Red Dragon : Very good film. Edward Norton is great. Enjoyed it, thought it was a lot better than the sequel. 7/10

Love Actually : Entertaining! Thought Keira Knightley looked stunning... It deserves a higher score just for casting her in a role! 6/10
Old 19-01-2004, 09:41 AM

as216 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldas216 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldas216 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldas216 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldas216 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldas216 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldas216 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldas216 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldas216 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldas216 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldas216 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
I watched Vertigo last night for the first time in ages - classic film!!
Old 19-01-2004, 10:22 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by as216
I watched Vertigo last night for the first time in ages - classic film!!
I'm not falling for that.
Old 20-01-2004, 05:34 PM
Scarfer army

GeeTee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGeeTee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGeeTee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGeeTee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGeeTee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGeeTee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGeeTee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGeeTee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGeeTee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGeeTee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGeeTee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by The Omen
Saw over the weekend (rained a lot in Bogor and I was ill!):

The Godfather: Amazingly this was the first time I've seen this film! Picked up the whole trilogy for £2.50 in Jakarta! The film was brilliant, one of the best films I've seen in a long time. Started watching the second, I just hope it's as good. 10/10
It's even better in my opinion, I'd be interested to read what you think.

Quote:
[The Last Samurai: Brilliant film!!! Really enjoyed it - thought the film was brilliantly shot and the acting was class. Best film of the year. 9/10
Totally agree. The action sequences were a fantastic attack on the senses. Great music as well.
Old 20-01-2004, 05:50 PM

Icy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is here
Watched the Last Samurai on Sunday. Great film, sort of like Dances with wolves crossed with Shogun and some quality fight scenes.

Also watched the Italian Job on DVD again the other day. I love that film!

Bought Identity last night but havent had time to watch it.
Old 20-01-2004, 06:05 PM
A Bit Ranty Today!

Scroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
DUDE, WHERE'S MY CAR?

Top quality stoner fun, with added totty spice. And how many of us have actually woken up some mornings and wondered just what the •••• happened the night before. 8/10
Old 21-01-2004, 01:08 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
I was hesitant about seeing the Last Samuri, but will now go along, thanks for the views.

Well loved LOTR3.

Saw Kill Bill recently and it was great fun and imaginatively shot byTarrantino. Loved the blood and gore, the villians were cool especially the school girl. Homage to mans darkest filth in the idea of men in the coma room having their way with the patients.
Really liked the stage of the final fight, very Japanese in that samuri type garden, like being in a Nintendo game.

Looking forward to the follow up.
Old 30-01-2004, 11:20 PM
Exploring....

Neil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The Last Samurai.

Fantastic film. Went along not knowing what to expect. I started watching it and thought it was going to be a rip-off of Dances With Wolves (I guess in some ways it is). In the end I thought it was so much more than that. Ken Watanabe is fantastic and Cruise puts in his usual effective performance too.

Very highly recommended!!!
Old 30-01-2004, 11:23 PM
Exploring....

Quote:
Originally posted by sydney eagle
does it have a bunch of spyware attached?
Don't think so Paul. It's a good site that's suffering from a lot of word of mouth and subsequent visits by all and sundry.
Old 01-02-2004, 03:00 PM
Norwegian red and blue

Stigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is here
I’ve seen 4 movies this weekend, and all of them were very poor.

The good thief, French movie with Nick Nolte, 2 / 10 (Nick Nolte is a real crap movie star, give it a rest old man.)
Bruce Almighty, comedy with Jim Carrey, awful film that, 2 / 10 (I hate Jim Carrey)
Confidence, 3/10
Crime Spree, French movie starring Gerard Depardieu and Harvey Keitel, actually the best of the lot, a bit like “lock, stock & two smoking barrels”, I’ll give it a 4/10

Not the best of weekend...