Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 30-12-2005, 12:33 PM
ACII

Oddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Saw Wedding Crashers again, this time on DVD, its very funny and I can recommened it highly to people who like laughing
Old 30-12-2005, 05:43 PM

christopher was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldchristopher was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldchristopher was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldchristopher was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldchristopher was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldchristopher was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldchristopher was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldchristopher was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldchristopher was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldchristopher was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldchristopher was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Quote:
Originally posted by Oddjob
The 40 year old virgin

Really enjoyed it, very funny in places .
Agree. I was dubious about it, but found it to be very enjoyable.
Old 30-12-2005, 05:57 PM
bit scummish really

Radders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is here
Saw 'Green Street' and now I hate West Ham more than ever. Didn't think it was that much cop to be honest and the cockney accent put on ny the lead actor with Elijah Wood is worse than Don Cheadle's in Oceans 11!!!!

Also, my flatmate hired out 'The Devils Rejects' apparently a follow up to 'House of 1000 corpses' If you like horror then that part isn't bad but it's 1 disturbing film for sure!!
Old 30-12-2005, 06:30 PM
hockey mummy

Lizzy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningLizzy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningLizzy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningLizzy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningLizzy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningLizzy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningLizzy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningLizzy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningLizzy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningLizzy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningLizzy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
Very very girly but Mona Lisa Smile - with Julia Roberts

its a bit of a female version of Dead Poets Society and left with me a bit of feminism aggression but nonetheless easy to watch and lots of fit totty for the boys
Old 30-12-2005, 11:37 PM
A gift

CarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is here
The last 10 seconds of a movie I saw was Tomb Raider and it reminded me that it and its sequel are without question the most terrible films I've ever seen. Even the gorgeous Angelina Jolie couldn't save it and I don't mind telling you, I wouldn't mind raiding her tomb.....whatever the heck that means!

Cheers Metaphorboys,

Carlos
Old 30-12-2005, 11:49 PM

hopeful only had a small taste, so what a wastehopeful only had a small taste, so what a wastehopeful only had a small taste, so what a wastehopeful only had a small taste, so what a wastehopeful only had a small taste, so what a wastehopeful only had a small taste, so what a wastehopeful only had a small taste, so what a wastehopeful only had a small taste, so what a wastehopeful only had a small taste, so what a wastehopeful only had a small taste, so what a wastehopeful only had a small taste, so what a waste
The United States of Leland, about a 16 year old who kills the younger mentally disabled brother of his girlfriend. The majority of the film focuses on how this affects the people involved from both families, and his subsequent time in jail. Stars Don Cheadle, Kevin Spacey and several other lesser known people, all of whom play their parts fantastically well. I would personally well recommend this, but it's certainly not a film that many people would like. Hardly a typical feel-good hollywood flick.
Old 03-01-2006, 07:09 PM
Mr Wrong

Great Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Saw 'Green Street' and now I hate West Ham more than ever. Didn't think it was that much cop to be honest and the cockney accent put on ny the lead actor with Elijah Wood is worse than Don Cheadle's in Oceans 11!!!!
I am ashamed to say I watched this too. You sum this up perfectly. AVOID.

Four Brothers: Pretty good action film as long as you aren't expecting anything too clever, and like your heroes to be quite evil.

Sin City: I hate films based on cartoons with a passion. This, however was fantastic. Unlike anything I have seen before.
Old 04-01-2006, 03:33 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Watched Driller Killer the other night, though it was pretty cack to be honest.
Old 14-01-2006, 08:12 PM

Jonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is here
Saw Old Boy on DVD last night. A Korean movie that won gold at Cannes a few years back. I had heard so much about it that I was afraid it might disappoint. It didn't.

A drunken womanizer finds himself locked up in a strange room. He has no idea why, or by whom, except that he learns that his wife has been killed. After 15 years he is suddenly released. He sets out to find who imprisoned him and to get some savage revenge. However, things don't quite turn out how he, or I, expected.

Definitely recommended.

Last edited by Jonboy; 24-02-2006 at 01:28 AM.
Old 14-01-2006, 08:17 PM
Vermontster

mrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is here
Crash, very entertaining

Racism is man's gravest threat to men - the maximum of hatred from the minimum of reason.
Abraham J. Herschel, Jewish theologian and philosopher

be nice to me...I have considerable rep power!
Old 15-01-2006, 06:52 PM

Jonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is here
Last night I went to see Memoirs of a Geisha. It is based on an excellent novel but the movie is given too much of the Hollywood treatment for my taste.

The delectable Zhang Zi stars, and Mrs. Jonboy goes all weak kneeded at the sight of Ken Watenabe. A pleasant diversion but not a must see. 7/10.
Old 15-01-2006, 07:00 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Rented Cinderella Man last night. OK mainly as it was a true story, but I don't think translated too well to a movie.

Any sports action movie is always going to be hard to do, and this was not well done. Bit disappointed in it as a movie TBH.

6 out of 10 I guess.
Old 16-01-2006, 09:48 AM
Palace 'til i die

Aki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is here
Got back from holiday last week and watched some pretty good films on the flight.

Batman Begins - Great to see Batman back on form. Christian 'Patrick Bateman' Bale is excellent as Batman and the supporting cast is very strong. Darker than before and good fun.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - Good fun. Kids will love it, adults may see a darker element to the film. Johnny Depp is always brilliant and is again on top form here.

Proof - I don't think it has been released in the UK yet. Gwyneth Paltrow, Anthony Hopkins and Jake 'Jarhead' Gyllenhaal are all very good in a fairly boring story that is similar to A Beautiful Mind. However, Paltrow is sure to get an Oscar nomination.

Kill Bill 2 - Not as good as the first and with less action, but it ties up all the loose ends. Tarantino should have kept the movie as one 3 1/2 hour movie rather than split it into two.
Old 16-01-2006, 09:03 PM
ACII

Oddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Saw 2

Not as good as the first one

Thats it.
Old 16-01-2006, 11:33 PM
more senior than you

orpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
cabin fever and the cave - both absolutely dire.....the cave is an extremely bad version of The descent (which was okish at a stretch).

Crash - damn good film ! (IMHO)
Old 17-01-2006, 03:30 AM

grey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
elizabeth town ...........dont waste your time
orlando bloom showing off his various but not numerous facial expressions in a car . and kirtsin dunst (spelling )trying , trying ........well just trying .
Old 17-01-2006, 10:24 AM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sky Blue - Korean post-apocalyptic sci-fi thing.
Thought it was going to be live action, but turned out to be animated.
Mix of cgi animation for 90% of it, but all the characters were hand-drawn, which was an interesting mix.
Anyhoo, it's quite good if you like that kind of thing.
7/10

Oh and it looks like it's been made for a US audience so it's all in English
Old 18-01-2006, 11:46 AM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Saw Land of the Dead last night.

George A Romero was one of my fave directors, and I love the previous 3 Dead films. (well I don't love Day of the Dead, but I don't hate it)
However this was a big disappointment

Weak storyline, bizarre plot things that aren't explained, crappy zombies and poor acting.
The remake of Dawn of the Dead was sooo much better.

Supposedly there will be a sequel to Land, following the story of the survivors of this one, but I am much more looking forward to the remake of Day of the Dead.

4.7/10
Old 18-01-2006, 05:18 PM

christopher was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldchristopher was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldchristopher was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldchristopher was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldchristopher was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldchristopher was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldchristopher was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldchristopher was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldchristopher was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldchristopher was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldchristopher was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Far too many of them survive at the end.
Old 18-01-2006, 05:28 PM
Eep! Woot!

indeed.

ideally there should be between 0 - 2 survivors.
3 at a push.

2007 till this though
To view the link you have to Register or Login