Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 06-05-2004, 05:44 PM

Icy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is here
Secret Window with Jhonny Depp. Good horror / thriller, fairly similar to identity though!

Matchstick men which someone mentioned above is also very good although the best film ive seen lately is the 25th Hour with Edward Norton.
Old 06-05-2004, 07:36 PM

Hypodam is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsHypodam is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsHypodam is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsHypodam is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsHypodam is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsHypodam is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsHypodam is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsHypodam is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsHypodam is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsHypodam is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsHypodam is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadows
Quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Bob
Some interesting movie facts you may not know:

Charlie Chaplin’s brother, Julian, acted as Charlie’s stand-in in the majority of his films, racking up more actual screen time than his brother, especially during the latter part of Charlie’s career when the silent star could only walk around his cane in circles due to a pronounced limp in his right leg.

Meg Ryan is Ted Bundy’s cousin.

Kevin Costner lists squirrels as a past time in the Film Academy Handbook.

Nicole Kidman was required to play her own mirror image during the film To Die For after director, Gus van Sant, banned real mirrors from the set.

Jude Laws real name is Douglas Puta.

Three out of the five Star Wars directors are married to the same woman.

The original batmobile is now owned by George Bush Senior.

After the third James Bond film, Sean Connery refused to work with anyone in silhouette.

After Robbie Williams’ screen test for Gosford Park, he was tested for rickets.
Some great facts there. You've made them all up though, correct?
Old 06-05-2004, 07:54 PM
Stealing your cat

Essexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I watched Germinal on Sky Cinema the other day, my thoughts:

"Tackling a book such as Germinal is a mammoth task - and one that is extremely difficult to transfer onto the big screen.

There are two ways you can do it, keep it simple or explore everything and bore the audience to death. The director has decided to keep the story as simple and straightforward as possible.

This means there are a few gaping holes in the film, and it ignores some of the intricacies of the story and many of the sub-plots which punctuate the story and add to the feel of the book.

In one sense he succeeds, as the tempo of the film is high and it rattles along at a fair pace, not feeling anything like the 2 and a half hour epic that it is.

But there is a major drawback of balancing the fine line between arthouse and commercial. And it becomes apparent when the film ends up looking like a simplistic noble workers versus the greedy bosses story, when the novel is anything but that.

Scorn is poured on both sides with equal contempt by Zola, and plenty of sympathy is given to some of the "wealthy" protaganists in the book.

On the whole, however, it is pretty well acted. The art direction and cinematography is utterly breathtaking. The villages, the pits, the landscapes, the mines are fabulously shot. You really can feel the poverty oozing from every inch of the screen.

Gerard Depardieu (Maheu) and Renaud (Ettiene) put in some pretty convincing turns but feel that Jean-Roger Milo rather over-egged Chaval, turning him into some pseudo incredible hulk type character who is incapable of speaking normally.

Miou Miou is flawless as Ma Maheude, the driven protagonist of the worst violence. You can feel the rage of the generations slowly building up within her.

However, she is also flawless in complexion - which rather diminishes her excellent acting as she doesn't look much like I'd guess a poverty stricken miners wife of four children to look.

I think I let my interpretation of the book cloud my judgement, and as a result I was disappointed because I expected more from the film than I should have"

Last edited by Essexeagle; 06-05-2004 at 07:56 PM.
Old 06-05-2004, 08:15 PM
Erect Member

NO1FAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNO1FAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNO1FAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNO1FAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNO1FAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNO1FAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNO1FAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNO1FAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNO1FAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNO1FAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNO1FAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The butterfly effect.

Excellent film with a decent twist at the end won't say anymore don't want to spoil it for anyone.
Old 07-05-2004, 11:15 AM
clicking high heels

Cap'n Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCap'n Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCap'n Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCap'n Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCap'n Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCap'n Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCap'n Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCap'n Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCap'n Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCap'n Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCap'n Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Hypodam
Some great facts there. You've made them all up though, correct?
all true - i did a film music show yesterday and wouldn't lie on the radio.
Old 11-06-2004, 06:21 AM
Puncheon above our weight

sydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is here
I just finished watching 'lost in translation"...I think i'm in love with scarlett Johansson

Lately I've also seen
cabin fever-complete shite

Kill Bill vol 1-good

Cody banks-fun film

along came polly-funny stuff

S.W.A.T-really enjoyed this...colin Farrell and samuel L Jackson are great.
Old 13-06-2004, 04:21 PM
Norwegian red and blue

Stigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is here
I’ve just finished watching "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre redux”. Didn’t know it was based on a true story. Watched the DVD documentary about Ed Gein. Creepy man that…
The movie itself was a bit disappointing, I’ll give it 4/10. Have anyone seen the original, and is it worth taking a look at ??
Old 13-06-2004, 11:28 PM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
I watched three movies in the last week, due to a set of conspiring circumstances. In brief:

The Day After Tomorrow - Big, loud and incredibly dumb. I swear that Space 1999 had more accurate science. Quite good fun, then.

Latest Harry Potter - Once Chris Columbus stopped directing, you knew that this had to be better than the first two. Surely the worst director unlynched. Still only an ok movie.

Eternal Sunshine of the cryptic title - The highlight was the fire alarm when we all got chucked out of the theatre. It just seemed appropriate somehow. A head piece in more ways then one and quite entertaining but, like all head pieces, ultimately a tease rather than genuinely satisfying. Well worth the money but I suspect that the pseudo-intellectuals are going to try to tell us that it's ground-breaking.

And Stigma, I did enjoy the original TCMassacre, thought it was really atmospheric and not just sheep offal splatter. I will qualify by pointing out that at the time I was 18 and my memory isn't secure, nor do I guarantee my judgment was mature.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 13-06-2004, 11:51 PM

sydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is here
I finally watched the first harry potter movie,I really liked it...Gonna watch the second one today
Old 14-06-2004, 12:26 AM
The Daddy

Scoey9000 Scoey9000 Scoey9000 Scoey9000 Scoey9000 Scoey9000 Scoey9000 Scoey9000 Scoey9000 Scoey9000 Scoey9000
Saw american pie - the wedding
Really wish i hadn't - dire
Old 14-06-2004, 09:47 AM
Old skool BBSer

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Troy - Quite possibly the worst film I have EVER seen. The acting and dialogue made "Hollyoaks" look like "Citizen Kane"!

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 14-06-2004, 12:28 PM

suits_you : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesuits_you : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesuits_you : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesuits_you : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesuits_you : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesuits_you : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesuits_you : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesuits_you : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesuits_you : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesuits_you : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesuits_you : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Maidstoned Eagle
Troy - Quite possibly the worst film I have EVER seen. The acting and dialogue made "Hollyoaks" look like "Citizen Kane"!
Have to disagree with that, i thought it was easily one of the best films this year.
Old 14-06-2004, 12:37 PM
Non T-Total

Lion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I watched "Cabin Fever" for the first time at the weekend.

What a crap film!
Old 14-06-2004, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lion
I watched "Cabin Fever" for the first time at the weekend.

What a crap film!
lol...isn't it just..I saw that thing about 4 days ago for the first time and it was so bad...I'm glad they all got killed,I just wish it happened a lot sooner
Old 14-06-2004, 01:01 PM
Non T-Total

Lion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by sydney eagle
lol...isn't it just..I saw that thing about 4 days ago for the first time and it was so bad...I'm glad they all got killed,I just wish it happened a lot sooner
Didn't seem to have any kind of storyline apart from "let's get as much blood and flesh eating dogs in as possible".
Old 14-06-2004, 01:27 PM

I wouldn't of minded knowing what the disease was or how it came about.

It was just an awful movie

How about the slutty bird saying "well we're about to die of a flesh eating virus....so lets go screw" lol

Old 14-06-2004, 01:52 PM
Old skool BBSer

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by suits_you
Have to disagree with that, i thought it was easily one of the best films this year.
Well it takes all sorts I guess.

Old 14-06-2004, 01:59 PM
Mr Wrong

Great Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I also thought Troy was a thoroughly enjoyable film!!!!!
Old 14-06-2004, 02:15 PM
Old skool BBSer

Quote:
Originally posted by Great Lombardi
I also thought Troy was a thoroughly enjoyable film!!!!!
I guess i just expect too much from a film then, like half decent acting, a fairly plausible script and a smidgen of historical fact.

I had to laugh when Orlando Blooms character, Paris, suddenly appeared with a bow and arrow in his hand. It was as if the director and producers suddenly thought "Hmm, he's not a very sympathetic character.... I know, lets make him an expert bow man and all the lady fan boys will think its Legolas and they'll all like him again!" Absolute tosh.

Old 14-06-2004, 02:18 PM
Selhurstian

EagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is here
"Road to Perdition"

Thought is was really overrated. Acting was nothing special and the plot was so cliched. You could see each twist coming a mile off.

Annoyed at the fact the front cover had a quote from The NOTW saying it was 'the best gangster film since the Godfather'!
What about Goodfellas, Casino, Scarface, Donnie Brascoe and Godfather II, plus many others