Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 16-06-2014, 02:14 PM
Selhurstian

EagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is here
Wasn't born but in terms of finding out the score, the days before the internet really were different. Remember in the early 90s checking the paper on the mat by the front door for Palace scores when I hadn't been at the game.
Old 16-06-2014, 04:20 PM

howard is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fear
Yes, I remember getting a paper after THAT game at Liverpool & first read the score as 0-0, before my eyes focust on the 9!
Old 24-06-2014, 10:12 AM
ár lá

Chocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is here
Didn't anyone have TV or radios before the internet? They announces scores on there you know.

Who opened their lunch?
Old 24-06-2014, 03:15 PM

howard is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fear
Midweek result service was nothing like today.
Old 24-06-2014, 03:25 PM

Harpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHarpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHarpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHarpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHarpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHarpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHarpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHarpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHarpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHarpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHarpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I went to that match too.

As I was unable to hook up with mates in the afternoon, I went alone.

I have little recall of the match, or the aggro either, but I do remember the weather. I also remember waiting on the platform for the train home. While waiting, a local train arrived and it was going up the Valleys somewhere.

I wanted to go there so badly. I just couldn't face the thought of living through the close season nor the start of third division life, in south London.
Old 03-05-2019, 09:18 AM
Pills wont help you now

Davy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Turning of the tables tomorrow?

'What a divergence from that playoff shambles. Palace beating the Premier League Title Holders, whilst we lose 1-0 at Rotherham FFS. What a gulf.' from NSC 6/4/15
Old 03-05-2019, 09:27 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy64 View Post
I hope so. Horrible club ,horrible supporters , **** em.
Old 03-05-2019, 09:43 AM
In a nutshell

Percy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Such a blow after a good win at Swindon the previous Saturday. While we went down we had enjoyed a brilliant second half of the season but just could not recover from a terrible start Big Mal was changing the club and we took just too long to settle.

"Why go to learn the words of fools?" Steve Marriott/Ronnie Lane
Old 03-05-2019, 09:52 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy64 View Post
I hope so. Horrible club ,horrible supporters , **** em.
Old 11-06-2019, 03:55 PM

Sleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I've just stumbled on a couple of things that interested, erm, me, about this game. Frank O'Farrell was manager of Cardiff City for this match (says this book) that relegated us and saved them. Only a season previously he'd lost him his job after we beat his Man U 5-0, departing 3 days later. I had previously no idea he'd wreaked this terrible revenge upon us, although I was aware of the result on the night and its implications. Edit: cancel that, resigned just a few weeks before! Good

Also the guy who got Cardiff's goal, Villars, look at his attempt against England to save a goal v Wales (no 8) about a month later. Only Palace could drop at the hands of somebody with that in their locker!

At 2:25 min

Last edited by Sleeping Giant; 11-06-2019 at 05:10 PM.
Old 11-06-2019, 06:13 PM
Senior member & moaner

Location: Militant Wing of the Dougie Freedman Appreciation Society
Mark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Welsh keeper who spills the shot - was on Palace's books a few years later!

I make Cassandra look like an optimist.
Old 11-06-2019, 09:59 PM

Sleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Gardiner View Post
Welsh keeper who spills the shot - was on Palace's books a few years later!
Didn't know he'd passed and fairly young too. Am Seemingly unendingly saddened these days.
Old 13-06-2019, 09:32 AM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
I was in Stuttgart at the time working my year out on my course at Thames Poly. Took my radio outside trying to tune into Radio 2. Managed to pick up a weak signal giving sports reports after the news. We had only managed a 1-1 draw and were relegated for the second season in a row. Reports of the fans at the end drowning out home support and singing "Crystal Palace, we'll support you evermore". Then, symbolically(?), I lost the signal. Managed to buy an English paper next day at the station which confirmed the terrible news.

The Germans I worked with had never heard of Crystal Palace ("Are they like Manchester United or Liverpool??"). I would like to think there were a few converts by the time I left a year later.