Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 06-09-2019, 07:31 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
"Plenty more fish in the sea"
Old 06-09-2019, 07:59 PM
Pope Gregory the 9th

RedStripe Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRedStripe Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRedStripe Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRedStripe Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRedStripe Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRedStripe Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRedStripe Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRedStripe Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRedStripe Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRedStripe Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRedStripe Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
water off a duck's back
Old 06-09-2019, 08:02 PM

moverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Blood is thicker than water.
Old 06-09-2019, 10:11 PM

ElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by moverman View Post
Blood is thicker than water.
Correct.
Old 20-09-2019, 01:23 PM

ElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is here
Q: Who was the last member of England's 1966 World Cup winning team to play a league match against Palace. For who and when?
Old 20-09-2019, 01:29 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElwissAtMemphis View Post
Q: Who was the last member of England's 1966 World Cup winning team to play a league match against Palace. For who and when?
On the basis of age, I'm going to guess at Alan Ball for Southampton in the 1980-81 season.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 20-09-2019, 01:32 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
I’m going for Alan Ball, for Southampton 1980?

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 20-09-2019, 01:45 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
I’m going for Alan Ball, for Southampton 1980?
You're just copying me

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Old 20-09-2019, 01:46 PM

Nope. Alan Ball's last games was October 79, a 1-4 against Southampton. There's one more.
Old 20-09-2019, 01:56 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Nope. Alan Ball's last games was October 79, a 1-4 against Southampton. There's one more.
That’s the last time I copy Stevek!

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 20-09-2019, 02:01 PM
Borderline lunacy

Quote:
Martin Peters at Norwich, same season?

Old 20-09-2019, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
Martin Peters at Norwich, same season?
I was just about to say the same

Unless you’re wrong again that is

- John Peel
Old 20-09-2019, 02:04 PM
Borderline lunacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
I was just about to say the same

Unless you’re wrong again that is

I'm not sure anyone was still playing after about 1975.

Old 20-09-2019, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post

I'm not sure anyone was still playing after about 1975.
Martin Peters was definitely; I remember his Panini sticker.

- John Peel
Old 20-09-2019, 02:17 PM

Yes. April 1980. 1-2 defeat at Norwich. I'm pretty sure that's right. He would have been 36 and him and Alan Ball were the youngest members of the team. They'd both moved on by the following season.
Old 23-09-2019, 07:28 PM

tony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
On the same theme which player of the 1966 World Cup winning team never played against Palace?
Old 23-09-2019, 07:32 PM

cad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I reckon has to be either George Cohen or Ray Wilson
Old 23-09-2019, 07:32 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
George Cohen?
Old 23-09-2019, 08:35 PM

tony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
True George Cohen did not play a league game but played in a league cup tie 1966-67.
Old 23-09-2019, 10:01 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cad View Post
I reckon has to be either George Cohen or Ray Wilson
It must be Ray Wilson then.