Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 02-07-2012, 06:17 PM
Palace Battering Ram

Alan Key : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlan Key : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlan Key : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlan Key : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlan Key : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlan Key : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlan Key : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlan Key : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlan Key : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlan Key : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlan Key : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Whisky drinkers - reveal yourselves

Hello.

After hating the stuff for a while I have come a long way and have slowly but surely trained myself to like whisky. However, I am still being a pussy and drinking blended stuff like Famous Grouse, Jamesons etc on the rocks.

I lose man points, I know.

Anywho, I would like to indulge in better, broader bottles of the single malt variety but I wouldn't know where to begin.

I'm going for a booze run later and I reckon I might start with Glenfiddich as I've heard good things. However I would rather have the advice of the expert amateurs on the BBS.

Come at me with your whisky recommendations, where to buy, any stories and all that shit. Whisky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Key
Glen Murray - ree - ree
Push pineapple shake the tree
Glen Murray - ree - ree
Learnt his trade from Alan Lee
You can stand under my Vuvuzela-zela-zela
Old 02-07-2012, 06:19 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
There is nothing wrong with a blend, whatever Scotch obsessed blowhards claim.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:20 PM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is here
Highland Park 12yo is always a good place to start
Old 02-07-2012, 06:24 PM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Is there not a very long thread already?
Old 02-07-2012, 06:24 PM
It's a goat Don

Il Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Wild turkey
Old 02-07-2012, 06:33 PM

Will S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Benromach
Old 02-07-2012, 06:39 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4
There is nothing wrong with a blend, whatever Scotch obsessed blowhards claim.
I thought most single malts are, in reality, blends. Just all from the same distillery and same type of grain.

Anyhue, I know little about whisky but as I understand it Isle of Arran Distillery is all the rage at the moment.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.

Last edited by Adlerhorst; 02-07-2012 at 06:41 PM.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:42 PM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
There's a single malt thread

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:42 PM

DaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Try a 10 yr old Laphroig. Then progress upward to the expensive stuff. The difference is amazing. I converted 2 whisky haters onto this and they now love it more than me. If it's too Peaty, try a Johnny Walker Black Label
Old 02-07-2012, 06:43 PM
Palace Battering Ram

Alan Key : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlan Key : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlan Key : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlan Key : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlan Key : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlan Key : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlan Key : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlan Key : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlan Key : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlan Key : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlan Key : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by little al
Is there not a very long thread already?
I dunno. Probably. Mine's better.

I'll put Highland Park, Wild Turkey and Benromach on the list for starters.

Quote:
Glen Murray - ree - ree
Glen Murray - ree - ree
Old 02-07-2012, 06:44 PM
Palace Battering Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTuttles
Try a 10 yr old Laphroig. Then progress upward to the expensive stuff. The difference is amazing. I converted 2 whisky haters onto this and they now love it more than me. If it's too Peaty, try a Johnny Walker Black Label
Where are you buying this stuff? Is it a case of popping into Sainsburys or would I have to order it from somewhere?

Quote:
Glen Murray - ree - ree
Glen Murray - ree - ree
Old 02-07-2012, 06:50 PM

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Wild Turkey
If we're allowing Bourbons than Knob Creek and Woodford Reserve.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Where are you buying this stuff? Is it a case of popping into Sainsburys or would I have to order it from somewhere?
Sainsburys (maybe not Sainsburys local though)
Old 02-07-2012, 06:52 PM

SteveyHawking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteveyHawking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteveyHawking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteveyHawking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteveyHawking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteveyHawking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteveyHawking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteveyHawking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteveyHawking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteveyHawking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteveyHawking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Most supermarkets have a decent selection of whiskies and Laphroaig 10yo is easily bought from any of them. Try a Japanese whisky from the off too as you can't go far wrong with those either.
BBS NFL Fantasy Keeper League Champion 2015/16
Old 02-07-2012, 06:53 PM
Casual User

High Roller keeps it in mind, eight times out of nineHigh Roller keeps it in mind, eight times out of nineHigh Roller keeps it in mind, eight times out of nineHigh Roller keeps it in mind, eight times out of nineHigh Roller keeps it in mind, eight times out of nineHigh Roller keeps it in mind, eight times out of nineHigh Roller keeps it in mind, eight times out of nineHigh Roller keeps it in mind, eight times out of nineHigh Roller keeps it in mind, eight times out of nineHigh Roller keeps it in mind, eight times out of nineHigh Roller keeps it in mind, eight times out of nine
Jamesons Irish Whiskey, is great in a cup of tea in the winter.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:57 PM
I'm just cheese

davemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is here
I love a good Irish Coffee
Old 02-07-2012, 07:01 PM
Palace Battering Ram

So much I don't know. I've led an ignorant life.

I was just taking names Heb, didn't realise Turkey was a bourbon

Quote:
Glen Murray - ree - ree
Glen Murray - ree - ree
Old 02-07-2012, 07:12 PM
Casual User

High Roller keeps it in mind, eight times out of nineHigh Roller keeps it in mind, eight times out of nineHigh Roller keeps it in mind, eight times out of nineHigh Roller keeps it in mind, eight times out of nineHigh Roller keeps it in mind, eight times out of nineHigh Roller keeps it in mind, eight times out of nineHigh Roller keeps it in mind, eight times out of nineHigh Roller keeps it in mind, eight times out of nineHigh Roller keeps it in mind, eight times out of nineHigh Roller keeps it in mind, eight times out of nineHigh Roller keeps it in mind, eight times out of nine
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveyHawking
Most supermarkets have a decent selection of whiskies and Laphroaig 10yo is easily bought from any of them. Try a Japanese whisky from the off too as you can't go far wrong with those either.
I remember Arthur Daley trying to sell Japanese whisky as scotch whisky.
The trouble was, the labels were spelt Whiskey, the Irish spelling, so funny.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:20 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTuttles
I can vouch for Laphroig converting non whisky drinkers.

I had an aversion to whisky following getting drunk on Haig when I was 15 years old in 1976. in 1991 in Rose Street, Edinburgh at 1030 AM prior to going to watch the Rugby world cup semi final between England and Scotland, with a pint of heavy and a cup of tea already infront of me (was very hungover from night before) a mate stuck a Laphroig infront of me and to my surprise I was not only able to keep it down I actually liked it.

Ended up watching the game in perfect double vision.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:25 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Have to say I enjoy pretty much any half decent whiskey, Bourbon etc. (neat only of course), but whatever the aberration called 'Southern Comfort' is makes me sick to my stomach.