Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 10-07-2012, 06:04 PM
The Booji Boy!

Location: Royal Tunbridge Wells, KENT - Also an 'Edenbridge Eagle in Exile'
Dave Nunn : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDave Nunn : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDave Nunn : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDave Nunn : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDave Nunn : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDave Nunn : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDave Nunn : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDave Nunn : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDave Nunn : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDave Nunn : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDave Nunn : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTuttles
Try a 10 yr old Laphroig. Then progress upward to the expensive stuff. The difference is amazing. I converted 2 whisky haters onto this and they now love it more than me. If it's too Peaty, try a Johnny Walker Black Label
You must be on a fair wedge if you think laphroaig is the cheap stuff!!

The Quarter Cask Laphroaig with a drop of H2O is my personal fave, closely followed by Ardbeg and lagavulin!
I don't know what's going on in the world these days. It seems that everybody's just got everything turned around. People don't seem to care about their fellow man. They're all going for that big ice-cream cone in the sky! They haven't figured out what happens when your eyes get bigger then your belly. Like an ostrich who eats his pizza with his head stuck in the sand. If they can't see it, it isn't there. And you know, it really *does* take a worried man!

Last edited by Dave Nunn; 10-07-2012 at 06:08 PM.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:22 PM

delboy01 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdelboy01 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdelboy01 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdelboy01 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdelboy01 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdelboy01 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdelboy01 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdelboy01 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdelboy01 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdelboy01 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdelboy01 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Personally I drink my whiskey neat.

Made me laugh in Japan as they drink a shot in half a pint of water!!!!

They were gobsmacked when we drank it neat. In the hotel they offer double shots for the price of one. Of course it was pre-watered down which if you add a lake to it you would not know!

I spun it in the glass looked at the guy and asked for the manager. 'If you give me double shots from a freshly opened bottle I wont tell everyone you water it down' says I. After 5 seconds he simply nodded at the waiter. lol.

I then said 'One more thing. I'm here for 3 weeks and I don't expect any watered down shots!'

Great 3 weeks, hic!
Old 10-07-2012, 07:34 PM

oldnosmo oldnosmo oldnosmo oldnosmo oldnosmo oldnosmo oldnosmo oldnosmo oldnosmo oldnosmo oldnosmo
There really is some old madam talked about whisky. Yes some is rough and some is smooth, but its all pretty much the emperor's new clothes. Very good for a toothache. Give me a pint of decent bitter any day.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:45 PM

Icy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is here
Can't stand bitter. Like drinking dirty dishwater.

Liking the Laphroig 10 yr with a drop of water.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:44 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Thanks pops, never forget you.

Old 10-11-2012, 08:25 PM

Shuggie is fond of sand dunes and salty airShuggie is fond of sand dunes and salty airShuggie is fond of sand dunes and salty airShuggie is fond of sand dunes and salty airShuggie is fond of sand dunes and salty airShuggie is fond of sand dunes and salty airShuggie is fond of sand dunes and salty airShuggie is fond of sand dunes and salty airShuggie is fond of sand dunes and salty airShuggie is fond of sand dunes and salty airShuggie is fond of sand dunes and salty air
A Scottish friend of mine who is very well connected to the whisky trade recommended Glenlivet Nadurra as being one of the most value for money malts on the market. If like me you're not really into the more smoky whiskies then I'm sure you'll appreciate this. If you're lucky you might find a cask strength but remember like all malts you need to water them.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:53 PM
Palace Battering Ram

Alan Key : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlan Key : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlan Key : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlan Key : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlan Key : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlan Key : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlan Key : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlan Key : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlan Key : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlan Key : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlan Key : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle
Thanks pops, never forget you.

It's beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Key
Glen Murray - ree - ree
Push pineapple shake the tree
Glen Murray - ree - ree
Learnt his trade from Alan Lee
You can stand under my Vuvuzela-zela-zela
Old 10-11-2012, 08:58 PM
Banned by Moderators

PalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorshamEagle
I'm thirsty now reading this thread....

I only got into proper whisky a couple of years ago, I normally try whatever single malt is on offer in Sainsburys, Balvenie is one I remember. Glennorangie is a favourite though, i'm no expert but I've identified a creamyness to it!

Also i've heard there should be no shame in adding a drop of water or even a block of ice. It's actually supposed to improve the flavour.

Happy supping.
I was told by a heavy Whisky drinker that a good Whisky can take the water and a bad Whisky needs the water.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:34 PM
Banned by Moderators

SE19_CP has to read the song lyrics on the big screenSE19_CP has to read the song lyrics on the big screenSE19_CP has to read the song lyrics on the big screenSE19_CP has to read the song lyrics on the big screenSE19_CP has to read the song lyrics on the big screenSE19_CP has to read the song lyrics on the big screenSE19_CP has to read the song lyrics on the big screenSE19_CP has to read the song lyrics on the big screenSE19_CP has to read the song lyrics on the big screenSE19_CP has to read the song lyrics on the big screenSE19_CP has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
JWBL!
Old 10-11-2012, 10:13 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Normally a good time of year to start stocking up on a few malts. Last year as we approached Christmas the supermarkets started knocking £10 off on a number of brands.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 02-12-2012, 04:22 PM
Where am i

Ollie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Waitrose is doing loads of Whiskey special offers at the mo. I just picked up a bottle of Delwhinnie 15 yo and i quite like it. Thinking af going back for the Dalmore 15 which sounds excellent.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:16 PM

Lombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Personally, I prefer blends overall. Johnnie Walker Black label is a superb drink with Teachers a great everyday cheap(er) backup. I think they have an element of Islay, which gives them a bite and single malts have no grain whisky which IMO, adds to the flavour. Of course there are great malts and its each to their own by Black label for me everytime.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:38 PM

Lords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Ox
Waitrose is doing loads of Whiskey special offers at the mo. I just picked up a bottle of Delwhinnie 15 yo and i quite like it. Thinking af going back for the Dalmore 15 which sounds excellent.
Mmmmm like a drop of Dalwhinnie, however I must confess to preferring a drop of Irish over Scotch!
Old 04-12-2012, 01:47 AM
Step up and play

pork chop pork chop pork chop pork chop pork chop pork chop pork chop pork chop pork chop pork chop pork chop
Love a drop of Old Pulteney. Beautiful stuff
Old 04-12-2012, 02:18 AM
Since '67

ozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'll give Wild Turkey a vote as well, especially down the cheaper end of the market.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:57 AM
its true we're red'n'blue

disco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Hi guy I need to thank a Scottish chap who helped my son with his work placement
I don't know a thing about whiskey
Could you recommend a decent bottle? Thnx
Between £15-30 is this anygood? cheer To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 07-12-2012, 08:59 AM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by disco mixx kidd
Hi guy I need to thank a Scottish chap who helped my son with his work placement
I don't know a thing about whiskey
Could you recommend a decent bottle? Thnx
Between £15-30 is this anygood? cheer To view the link you have to Register or Login
"Your basket contains 0 items"

Which whisky was it disco?
Old 07-12-2012, 09:06 AM

disco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Ohh sorry ad cnoc 12 yr old
Also my dad rates talisker
What about To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 07-12-2012, 09:06 AM

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 07-12-2012, 09:24 AM
Readmitted into society

Chunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Hi team, early in my Whiskey drinking lifetime, so far ive purchased Talisker, Aberlour, glenmorangie, johnny walker black label and although it's probably be seen as a bit pansie, the Jack Daniel honey drink, which was actually really nice, if not a bit sickly. I'm still in the process of trying new ones to find the one I like best. Of the afore mentioned whiskeys I would say Glenmorangie was my favourite, not really a fan of the smokeyness of Talisker, although I still enjoyed it as a drop. Looking for something Glenmorangie'ish, with like a honeyish taste, like an easy to drink quite sweet whiskey, any suggestions?