Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 19-05-2016, 10:32 PM
Banned by Moderators

Biggineagle knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Biggineagle knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Biggineagle knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Biggineagle knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Biggineagle knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Biggineagle knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Biggineagle knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Biggineagle knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Biggineagle knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Biggineagle knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Biggineagle knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
Ah you must be one of the 'my dog would never hurt a fly' group.

The same group that, if they really, honestly, believe that it is totally safe to leave a new born child alone with a mature canine, are so ill informed they should not be allowed to have children, let alone be permitted to own a dog.
Nope just in the BE is talking rubbish group. Sorry.
"WE LEAVE THE EU MARCH 2019"

[SIGPIC]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/be/Flag_of_England.svg/125px-Flag_of_England.svg.png[/SIGPIC]
Old 19-05-2016, 10:32 PM

maestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWood83 View Post
I realise we will fail to convince any of you as you have already made your minds up probably on public opinion rather than experience but currently the most violent dog in the UK is actually the Jack Russell.
The size of the dog, the power of the dog and biting strength for makes makes the staffy much more dangerous.

If I was attacked by a jack russell I could fend it off quite easy, infact Id be more worried about hurting it then it hurting me.

If a staffie attacked me it would be different, im confident I could fend it off, im quite strong and been around dogs all my life but I think id take some damage and probably need stitching up.

http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk/
Old 19-05-2016, 10:33 PM

ObiWood83 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldObiWood83 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldObiWood83 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldObiWood83 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldObiWood83 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldObiWood83 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldObiWood83 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldObiWood83 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldObiWood83 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldObiWood83 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldObiWood83 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
In the Sun didn't read it but which dog is worse is obvious to anyone walking a NORMAL family dog in the park.

And it's easy to see what dogs fill the shelter's most...yes it's Chav dog Staff!

Of course you read the Sun your whole option of Staffs is based on articles from that paper and those like it.
You have never owned a Staff to form any educated opinion of the breed.
I don't find it at all strange the largest dog breed in the uk is also the most neglected, why wouldn't it be?
Old 19-05-2016, 10:35 PM

ElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is here
Isn't there something more than a wee bit iffy about their popularity. We've all heard the mantra about how great they supposedly are with kids but I've heard much more convincing first hand testimony about how vicious they can be with other dogs. With all the hundreds of breeds available, why are they clearly the breed of choice for the average urban South Londoner? Maybe I'm stereotyping, but most of the Staffies (pronounced "staffay") that I see are walked by people who don't look like they chose their dog as a soppy nanny dog for their young family. It looks more like they give a free puppy away with an Adidas hoody and a bag of weed.

I'm not a dog fan but there are literally hundreds of breeds available; some that even I quite like. Why do so many people pick these squat, unattractive, slobbering mutts that have become de rigueur. There's something slightly sinister about their ubiquity on SE London's suburban streets. And all this "it's only bad owners" just sounds like the US gun lobby. Of ALL the pets you could choose, why pick one of those? Why?
Old 19-05-2016, 10:40 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Of course you read the Sun your whole option of Staffs is based on articles from that paper and those like it.
You have never owned a Staff to form any educated opinion of the breed.
I don't find it at all strange the largest dog breed in the uk is also the most neglected, why wouldn't it be?
Don't read the Sun...yes I did see the link but didn't read it...like I said....sorry but the dog shelters are way full of these dogs to a higher percentage than the share of all dogs in the country...

Last edited by in-exile; 19-05-2016 at 10:45 PM.
Old 19-05-2016, 10:43 PM

ObiWood83 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldObiWood83 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldObiWood83 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldObiWood83 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldObiWood83 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldObiWood83 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldObiWood83 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldObiWood83 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldObiWood83 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldObiWood83 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldObiWood83 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElwissAtMemphis View Post
Isn't there something more than a wee bit iffy about their popularity. We've all heard the mantra about how great they supposedly are with kids but I've heard much more convincing first hand testimony about how vicious they can be with other dogs. With all the hundreds of breeds available, why are they clearly the breed of choice for the average urban South Londoner? Maybe I'm stereotyping, but most of the Staffies (pronounced "staffay") that I see are walked by people who don't look like they chose their dog as a soppy nanny dog for their young family. It looks more like they give a free puppy away with an Adidas hoody and a bag of weed.

I'm not a dog fan but there are literally hundreds of breeds available; some that even I quite like. Why do so many people pick these squat, unattractive, slobbering mutts that have become de rigueur. There's something slightly sinister about their ubiquity on SE London's suburban streets. And all this "it's only bad owners" just sounds like the US gun lobby. Of ALL the pets you could choose, why pick one of those? Why?

At the risk or retarding this conversation with another person who has already made their opinion you answered your own question.

Responsible owners choose Staffs because they are soppy nanny dogs for young families.

Idiots continue to choose them sadly because of the reputation they now have.

In the wrong hands a staff could be raised as a weapon but in the right hands they can be the best friend a 3 year old little girl could ever want.

I will just continue to be grateful that I have the latter as listening to the options on here they are the rarest of breeds indeed.
Old 19-05-2016, 10:46 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Most Staff's are not the old Kennel Club design..... we now have mainly the Chav Weapon of Choice!
What % do you think Blind?
I think it's 90% Chav pit bull Staff's now!
So they aren't staffs are they. You are talking about any variety of cross breeds which have staff blood in them.

That's my frigging point, you cross a breed like a pit bull with a staff and you have a potential problematic, aggressive dog.

But it demonstrably isn't a staff as both of its parents weren't staffs. And it demonstrably doesn't meet the breed standard as laid down by the Kennel Club. (admittedly one of my most disliked organisations, but that's for another day)

I'm lost as to how you think your argument has any validity whatsoever.

As far as I can see, it goes no further than you think aggressive terriers that look like what you think staffs look like are staffs, irrespective of any evidence laid before you.
Old 19-05-2016, 10:52 PM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
So they aren't staffs are they. You are talking about any variety of cross breeds which have staff blood in them.

That's my frigging point, you cross a breed like a pit bull with a staff and you have a potential problematic, aggressive dog.

But it demonstrably isn't a staff as both of its parents weren't staffs. And it demonstrably doesn't meet the breed standard as laid down by the Kennel Club. (admittedly one of my most disliked organisations, but that's for another day)

I'm lost as to how you think your argument has any validity whatsoever.

As far as I can see, it goes no further than you think aggressive terriers that look like what you think staffs look like are staffs, irrespective of any evidence laid before you.
When is a Staff not a Staff...when it's attacking something....the new Chav Staff we all know and hate to meet at the woods or park!

Last edited by in-exile; 19-05-2016 at 10:56 PM.
Old 19-05-2016, 10:59 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
I realise we will fail to convince any of you as you have already made your minds up probably on public opinion rather than experience but currently the most violent dog in the UK is actually the Jack Russell.
Until recently I've kept working Jack Russell terriers for over 30 years and they were brilliant workers and great with my kids and subsequently my grandkids.

We are talking about dogs that, over the years, a fair few on here have met and seen their level of training and acknowledged their apparent complete obedience.

Despite that, I never, ever left them alone with kids, even though none of them ever showed any hint of aggression to a human.

It's common sense.

(Which I'd hazard a guess, is why biggin eagle doesn't agree with me on this point)
Old 19-05-2016, 11:08 PM
Dis-Member

Quote:
When is a Staff not a Staff...when it's attacking something....the new Chav Staff we all know and hate to meet at the woods or park!
I do think I have already actually covered exactly what a staff is. The fact that others choose to incorrectly label cross breeds as staffs seems to be something of a stumbling block on here.

The irony is pedigree staffs aren't even my kind of breed, serving no useful purpose other than companionship. But to see them as a breed, incorrectly maligned and blamed for the sins of idiotic cross bred aggressive canine weapons properly boils my piss.
Old 19-05-2016, 11:25 PM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
I do think I have already actually covered exactly what a staff is. The fact that others choose to incorrectly label cross breeds as staffs seems to be something of a stumbling block on here.

The irony is pedigree staffs aren't even my kind of breed, serving no useful purpose other than companionship. But to see them as a breed, incorrectly maligned and blamed for the sins of idiotic cross bred aggressive canine weapons properly boils my piss.
Get over it...shit dogs are the dominant breed of the breed now! Whatever you call or classify them as.
Old 19-05-2016, 11:43 PM
Dis-Member

Quote:
Get over it...shit dogs are the dominant breed of the breed now! Whatever you call or classify them as.
I don't have to get over anything.

I agree there are tons of "shit dogs" and that they are over represented in rescue centres.

However I won't accept the lazy, incorrect labelling of the ill informed and will argue the point all day long. Maligning a breed on the basis that chavs have crossed them with other breeds to make the mongrel offspring more aggressive is just weird.

You can call a loganberry a raspberry all day long and believe you are right, but you wouldn't be.
Old 19-05-2016, 11:48 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Staff owners are like smokers..........
Old 20-05-2016, 12:00 AM

Bones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is here
My ex In-Laws had 2 Pure Bred Staff's. Absolutely brilliant dogs they were. Loyal, great nature, obedient and amazing with my kids and others.
Its when you cross breed that the trouble starts unfortunately. All breeders should be registered, and have to divulge what breeds that they will be selling. Certain breeds should be never crossed, and as a dog lover, I say this with all sincerity, Pit Bulls should be eradicated from this world.
Old 20-05-2016, 12:01 AM
Dis-Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owngoal View Post
Staff owners are like smokers..........
The proportion of adult staff owners in the UK has declined to its lowest level since recording started in the 1940s, with official figures suggesting that the habit’s prevalence among over-18s fell from 19.8% in 2012 to 18.7% in 2013.

Really?
Old 20-05-2016, 12:10 AM
Seagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen Seagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen is offline
Jedi's Beard also.....

Seagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
people with a history of criminality should not be allowed to own dangerous dogs.

there are restrictions on kitchen knives being sold to kids. A kitchen knife is only as dangerous as the person wielding it. You scared of Delia Smith ?
Old 20-05-2016, 01:10 AM

audreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is here
Bad breeders and owners give staffy's a bad name....that's where the problem is...same with all dogs it's just that staffy's or any type of dog with a 'bull' prefix are strong dogs. I have a dog who is technically pit bull, and, of all the dogs I have had ,he has the gentlest most passive nature. He was actually attacked by a chihuahua and just rolled over! amazing with kids and grew up with my boy letting him do anything to him. Whilst he may have an exceptional nature , my experience of staffy's or bull anything has only been positive, however, socialisation from pup is crucial in my experience. If ya gonna lock it in a cage and poke it with a stick every now and then then you shouldn't have one. There needs to be a clear path in training and socialising to own any dog.

Last edited by audreytatou; 20-05-2016 at 02:16 AM.
Old 20-05-2016, 03:02 AM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
I don't have to get over anything.

I agree there are tons of "shit dogs" and that they are over represented in rescue centres.

However I won't accept the lazy, incorrect labelling of the ill informed and will argue the point all day long. Maligning a breed on the basis that chavs have crossed them with other breeds to make the mongrel offspring more aggressive is just weird.

You can call a loganberry a raspberry all day long and believe you are right, but you wouldn't be.
Yeah..........get over it! The Chav staff is now the Breed type...well informed because it's fact!
Old 20-05-2016, 04:44 AM

CPFC Lad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Lad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Lad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Lad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Lad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Lad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Lad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Lad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Lad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Lad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Lad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones14 View Post
My ex In-Laws had 2 Pure Bred Staff's. Absolutely brilliant dogs they were. Loyal, great nature, obedient and amazing with my kids and others.
Its when you cross breed that the trouble starts unfortunately. All breeders should be registered, and have to divulge what breeds that they will be selling. Certain breeds should be never crossed, and as a dog lover, I say this with all sincerity, Pit Bulls should be eradicated from this world.
It's opinions like yours that should be eradicated from this world, go and educate yourself on the subject you moron. To view the link you have to Register or Login To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by CPFC Lad; 20-05-2016 at 04:55 AM.
Old 20-05-2016, 04:56 AM

Cake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Is in-exile a wind up bot?