Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 03-07-2018, 11:11 AM

stange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lingfield Eagle View Post
Sorry to be dim but once I've registered on Velogames how do I join the BBS league? Does my Velogames team name have to reflect my BBS username?
Go to "Join a League", whack in the league number at the start of this thread then make sure you "confirm entry". Easily missed.
Old 03-07-2018, 11:12 AM

kabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lingfield Eagle View Post
Sorry to be dim but once I've registered on Velogames how do I join the BBS league? Does my Velogames team name have to reflect my BBS username?
Here is the BBS code: 708791815

HTH
Old 03-07-2018, 11:19 AM

stange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
In two minds about Froome. He is going to get so much stick over this whole affair. If I was him I would park my ego for 12 months and go for it next year. I know he has the right to race, but is it worth the hassle?
Old 03-07-2018, 11:23 AM
So then I says to Mabel

JamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabbott View Post
I don't think I've ever picked Froome and I won't this year. Some of the climbs will be too tough for Thomas IMO. I think Bernal is really good, but he will just be this year's Landa.
As for Movistar, has Quintana trained enough to be taken seriously? Will Landa ride to help Quintana or will he just do his own thing ( not unlike Valverde)? I also like Soler but his role will be similar to Bernal's in the Sky team.
I think and hope Landa will do his own thing, he sat up to wait for Froome when Quintana was nowhere. Guess we'll see.
Old 03-07-2018, 11:30 AM

Lingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabbott View Post
Here is the BBS code: 708791815

HTH
Thanks, done!
Old 03-07-2018, 11:37 AM

kabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stange555 View Post
I am going over to France for some of the Alpine stages. Just thought I'd mention it.
How are you coming over?
Old 03-07-2018, 11:41 AM

flying into lyon on 17th, got a car hired to drive to Bourg St Maurice. We booked a apartment there on the day the route was announced. Goinf to spend the Wednesday walking up a alpe to watch it, then it actually starts in Bourg on the Thursday, so we'll watch the start and then find a bar......can't quite decide on if am going to abuse Valverde or not.
Old 03-07-2018, 12:00 PM

Lingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Going over for the 'pave' stages in northern France on the 15th (assuming England aren't in the World Cup Final that day which is unlikely). Looking forward to it.
Old 03-07-2018, 12:34 PM

That should be good. I will make an effort to get over for pave at some point. We have friends in Chamonix so we're going there on the Saturday before we fly back on Sunday. I am trying to persuade the wife that we really should spend Friday watching the race but it's proving to be a hard sell at the moment.
Old 03-07-2018, 01:18 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Why?

Did you see the way he won the Giro in 1 day?

He is one of the best ITT's in the race, and there is a nice 31km ITT on the final stage before Paris, he doesn't need to be in yellow in the mountains just close enough to take it then.

Stage 3's 35km TTT will see SKY and BMC obliterate the rest of the peleton if the TTT's in the Dauphine and TdS are representative. Even a rider winning stages 1 and 2 will struggle to be in yellow after that. Sagan might do well in some sprints but looking at his Bora team i cannot see them being within a minute of SKY and BMC.

Therefore i think Porte and Froome will take a buffer into the mountains. What will be interesting is how Movistar then try to use their 4 GC riders to pressurise SKY and BMC.

Froome is rightly favourite though IMO with Porte probably just behind him.
Even after winning 3 GTs in a row? I just can't see how he can win with the Giro in his legs against a load of fresh, top riders. It's one thing at the Vuelta when everyone is spent, but this is a different ball game.
Old 03-07-2018, 03:35 PM
Otaku

lanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'm in.

The Sambutomol Spinners

Old 03-07-2018, 03:43 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by meee View Post
Even after winning 3 GTs in a row? I just can't see how he can win with the Giro in his legs against a load of fresh, top riders. It's one thing at the Vuelta when everyone is spent, but this is a different ball game.
I would usually agree with you but he only rode 1 day in the Giro, more like a training ride

Just think with his rest that I can see why he starts favourite. That said he is not in my velogames.
Old 04-07-2018, 09:58 AM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
I would usually agree with you but he only rode 1 day in the Giro, more like a training ride

Just think with his rest that I can see why he starts favourite. That said he is not in my velogames.
You might be right but that seems an incredibly risky strategy. I thought the crashes had an effect. Like you say, the TTT in the first week will be key but if Froome has no time over everyone in week 1 I don't see how he can hang on. I just think the Giro is too hard.
Old 04-07-2018, 11:46 AM

BBC has all his data from his (Froome) Giro effort on their website today - starting reading it, will finish later but seems interesting
Old 04-07-2018, 12:38 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by meee View Post
You might be right but that seems an incredibly risky strategy. I thought the crashes had an effect. Like you say, the TTT in the first week will be key but if Froome has no time over everyone in week 1 I don't see how he can hang on. I just think the Giro is too hard.
Froome and Porte will take an advantage timed in minutes rather than seconds over most of the GC rivals into the second week IMO.

Yellow at the end of the first week will be interesting. Would have thought the peleton will be relatively close behind the winner of stage 5 but stage 6 with 2km of climbing at the end as a cat 3 climb will probably see time gaps that might give someone from a team who has done alright on the TTT the jersey for a few days.

GVA looks a pretty solid option for finishing top 2 in the TTT and then having a chance of yellow on the 2 hilly stages. Probably up against Kwiakowski but is 4 points cheaper.
Old 04-07-2018, 02:55 PM
Under Fascist Rule

pauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is here
I've gone with a team without the big 2. And a team with them. Just to see how it goes really!
Old 04-07-2018, 03:49 PM
Lost in translation

BBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is here
I took out Quintana. My team is strange, it only has 1 rider that is big time, and he's not really big time.
Old 04-07-2018, 04:42 PM

What exactly do you mean by "big time"?
Old 04-07-2018, 05:18 PM
American Hot

Captain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'm in. Hardest choices in a velogames so far. Have there ever been so many possible stage winners or podium contenders??

I'm sticking with my theory of not picking anyone who rode the previous GT. So no froome for the third GT running. Dumoulin was tempting though. Good value if he really is going to have a go at the overall.
Old 05-07-2018, 08:45 AM

Quite a good turn-out so far but there are some others who have been put off by the WC.

"The deadline for entries to be submitted is 11:00 CEST (Central European Summer Time) on Saturday 7th July."

0 points
Wiggos Rear Derailleur
prs100

0 points
Boycott SKY
Mark

0 points
Fekir`s Fanatics
kabbott

0 points
Cycling Sharks XII
Charltonhater