Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2019, 02:59 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Perhaps Cahill will have one last hurrah at first club, Villa?
Old 01-06-2019, 03:19 PM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
I stand corrected.
I still dont feel Cahill is what we should look at now, personally i would like to see Callum Chambers join as his experience at Fulham last season would have taught him a lot of regular premiership football. Unfortunately Scotty Dann is getting found out now in the premiership so move on and save on a hefty wage, and ideally with Chambers in ahead of Jannson or Cooper.
I feel the same about Cahill, but he is on a free and if we could get him on Dann's wages and then sell Dann, I don't see a loss there.
Old 01-06-2019, 03:25 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
I feel the same about Cahill, but he is on a free and if we could get him on Dann's wages and then sell Dann, I don't see a loss there.
Apart from Dann's a Palace hero and Cahill's a twat.
Old 01-06-2019, 04:53 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Cahill is probably the type of player we don't realise how good he is until we see him play week in week out. I get the tribal nature of football... but Cahill would be good for us.
Old 01-06-2019, 09:36 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
The loss will be the cost of his signing on fee, and he will almost certainly want more than Dann. I expect he will also expect regular football too. Not a player we should be throwing money at in an area we are pretty good
Old 01-06-2019, 09:53 PM

Polak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
Cahill is probably the type of player we don't realise how good he is until we see him play week in week out. I get the tribal nature of football... but Cahill would be good for us.
Or how bad he is. Mate at work is a chelsea fan and says that he is absolute toilet.
Old 01-06-2019, 10:05 PM
Lifes too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
No better than what we’ve got

So no ta
Old 02-06-2019, 08:10 AM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I hear what you are saying AJ, but i would say Jim Cannon summed up the reasons why Not perfectly.
Old 02-06-2019, 06:26 PM
Super Furry Animal

Riley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is here
Can people please stop bumping this thread? My heart sinks every time I see it at the top of the.. oh.
Old 03-06-2019, 06:22 PM

redemptionday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredemptionday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredemptionday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredemptionday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredemptionday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredemptionday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredemptionday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredemptionday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredemptionday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredemptionday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredemptionday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Seems like such a Sean Dyche signing
Old 11-06-2019, 03:40 PM

Stuart Austen has found the source of gravityStuart Austen has found the source of gravityStuart Austen has found the source of gravityStuart Austen has found the source of gravityStuart Austen has found the source of gravityStuart Austen has found the source of gravityStuart Austen has found the source of gravityStuart Austen has found the source of gravityStuart Austen has found the source of gravityStuart Austen has found the source of gravityStuart Austen has found the source of gravity
I spoke to a customer today, who is friends with Gary Cahill. He said, other than the interest from Fulham last season, so far this summer Cahill has been in contact with West Ham, Burnley and a couple of clubs abroad. Nothing from Palace.
Old 11-06-2019, 03:46 PM

prizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Austen View Post
I spoke to a customer today, who is friends with Gary Cahill. He said, other than the interest from Fulham last season, so far this summer Cahill has been in contact with West Ham, Burnley and a couple of clubs abroad. Nothing from Palace.
Thank goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBD
*prizesucker's suggestion about shallow nets shows he's a true connoisseur of the beautiful game :)
Old 11-06-2019, 03:46 PM

GB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Good!
Old 11-06-2019, 03:54 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Apart from Dann's a Palace hero and Cahill's a twat.
100% correct!
Old 11-06-2019, 03:56 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
When you see the customer chap again can you send our best wishes that Cahill goes to one of them please!
Old 11-06-2019, 05:55 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Cahill is the sort of player who’d be much better at mid table clubs where defending is more of a priority, and passing, composure etc is less of one. Not saying we’re a bad side on the ball, but we’re not Chelsea. He’s good at defending, and that’s what we primarily need out of defenders.

Considering his age, wages, and the fact that all our centre backs are already pretty old, I’d pass.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 11-06-2019 at 05:57 PM.
Old 11-06-2019, 06:09 PM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
How entitled are we? You don't play at Chelsea for 10 years and 90% of the time be a first teamer unless you are very good. Has Cahill lost his form badly and gone downhill? No. He's just got a bit older. If he played for us it would be fantastic for a year or two. All that experience and know how he could pass on.

Or we could bid for Harry Maguire at 90,000,000
Old 11-06-2019, 06:13 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am Phibian View Post
How entitled are we? You don't play at Chelsea for 10 years and 90% of the time be a first teamer unless you are very good. Has Cahill lost his form badly and gone downhill? No. He's just got a bit older. If he played for us it would be fantastic for a year or two. All that experience and know how he could pass on.

Or we could bid for Harry Maguire at 90,000,000
Pretty much. I’d be all over this if we needed a centre back, but we don’t imo. And if we did, I’d want it to be a younger one.
Old 11-06-2019, 06:16 PM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Pretty much. Id be all over this if we needed a centre back, but we dont imo. And if we did, Id want it to be a younger one.
We always need a centre-back or any other position if they are better than what we have. Kelly v Cahill? Obviously Sakho and Tomkins fit we are happy but be good to have a third at their level.
Old 11-06-2019, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Am Phibian View Post
We always need a centre-back or any other position if they are better than what we have. Kelly v Cahill? Obviously Sakho and Tomkins fit we are happy but be good to have a third at their level.
Nah, don’t think we can afford to pay a third choice centre back the wages that Cahill would likely demand. And it’s just not sustainable whatsoever, another old centre back added the squad means an even bigger exodus in a few years when they all start to decline.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 11-06-2019 at 06:41 PM.
Closed Thread