Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 17-07-2019, 12:28 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Worst Friendly!

Probably a thread on this in the midst of time..

But just of the back of the bashing at Barnet.

I missed the end of Coppell's regime, a 5-1 at Crawley and 6-0 at Millwall, which must have been up there..

I've never actually seen us win at Crawley

Last 3 occasions I've been

A 0-0 draw
0-1 defeat, think it was an evening game with Pistol and Big Griff, very drunk
0-3 early premier league, woeful, Campana played and Shipperley was in the stand

Any other **** ups you can remember?
Old 17-07-2019, 12:35 PM

Maiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76 View Post
Probably a thread on this in the midst of time..

But just of the back of the bashing at Barnet.

I missed the end of Coppell's regime, a 5-1 at Crawley and 6-0 at Millwall, which must have been up there..

I've never actually seen us win at Crawley

Last 3 occasions I've been

A 0-0 draw
0-1 defeat, think it was an evening game with Pistol and Big Griff, very drunk
0-3 early premier league, woeful, Campana played and Shipperley was in the stand

Any other **** ups you can remember?
I remember that one !! Normally I stay a million miles away from friendlies, but as I lived locally, I had to go to that one. It was embarrassing !
Old 17-07-2019, 12:40 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Yes, 3 times I've been to Crawley as it's local, never seen us win and don't fancy going again, ground in middle of nowhere and no pub for miles..

Thank **** we haven't arranged a game this year!
Old 17-07-2019, 12:47 PM

burgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Wimbledon away at plough lane pre-season 1983-84 season they had just been promoted from division 4.
Old 17-07-2019, 12:49 PM
Keeping The Faith

What was the score Burge?

I did see the Japanese turn us over that summer
Old 17-07-2019, 12:58 PM

Maiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76 View Post
Yes, 3 times I've been to Crawley as it's local, never seen us win and don't fancy going again, ground in middle of nowhere and no pub for miles..

Thank **** we haven't arranged a game this year!
Funnily enough, there is a pub (the Half Moon) which is only a 2/3 min walk from the ground - Other side of the A23 under a tunnel.
I certainly wouldn't recommend it, though !!
Old 17-07-2019, 02:57 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Real Madrid, to celebrate new floodlights 18th April 1962.
Old 17-07-2019, 03:01 PM
XXVII

RUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Pretty much any of them... We got thumped 4 - 0 at Southend back in 1999 ish too!
Old 17-07-2019, 03:26 PM

Eastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Chelsea home 1978? They "owned" about three quarters of the ground
Old 17-07-2019, 03:34 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
I went QPR away and left at HT. The players were still aching from the first few days of training, was a training ground match. Think we were 3 down at HT or close.

I've vowed never to go to another away friendly. Switzerland tempted me though!
Old 17-07-2019, 03:37 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
There was one in the early 2000s at home to Brescia. Might have been during Kember's short time as Manager. In the programme it talked about the two clubs setting up a special friendship and working together to develop players etc, however during the game there was an enormous 20 man brawl between most of the players!

Never heard about that special partnership again!!
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 18-07-2019, 09:29 AM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Not the worst result wise, but I recall being foolishly excited about playing PSV in a pre season friendly (Philips Cup?)
The Dutch scored after about a minute & then played boring keep ball in their own half for the rest of the match. It was so dull.
Old 18-07-2019, 09:34 AM
Keeping The Faith

I was at that one!

I thought we should have had a late pen..

Actually we did a deal that tickets for that and the Chelsea game on the Saturday (1-2, doog for us, Geremi, Forsell) were £20 for both games, not bad value
Old 18-07-2019, 09:42 AM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
Not the worst result wise, but I recall being foolishly excited about playing PSV in a pre season friendly (Philips Cup?)
The Dutch scored after about a minute & then played boring keep ball in their own half for the rest of the match. It was so dull.
That was so incredibly boring. Kezman was playing for PSV, I think.
Old 18-07-2019, 09:42 AM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
The worst friendly fixture from my point of view was in circa 1978, away to Woking.

Back in the day, the only way to find out about fixtures was via the club or the Croydon Advertiser. Palace hadn’t played Woking before (to my knowledge) so it was definitely one to tick off from a ground hopping point of view.

I remember myself and this other guy walking around the ground at about an hour before kick off, looking for an open turnstile.

There weren’t any. Palace had cancelled the fixture a couple of days before, but in the days of social media being a journalist or somebody who worked for Palace and knew the management, very few people knew the game had been called off!
Old 18-07-2019, 09:52 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Exactly this. We could barely get the ball. It was explained with the explanation that PSV had two different ways of playing, and this was them practising the style that they would use for their European fixtures

zzzzzzzzzz!
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 18-07-2019, 09:58 AM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
That was so incredibly boring. Kezman was playing for PSV, I think.
PSV Eindhoven: Waterreus, Oyer, Lee, Van Bommel, Kezman, Robben, Van der Schaaf, Lucius, De Jong, Hofland, Bogelund.

Subs: Van Dijk, Vennegoor of Hesselink, Hoogstrate, Wuytens, Jakobsen, Stojanovic, Takak, Guijo-Velasco, Janssen.
Old 18-07-2019, 11:02 AM

Eaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I was at that game (and the Chelsea one after it) but was only about 6 at the time.

Seem to remember the Palace keeper (Matt Clarke) making a howler for the goal but I may be wrong.
Old 18-07-2019, 11:08 AM
Evicted fron E Block

Andy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Wasn't that the one that degenerated into an enormous on pitch brawl towards the end?

About the only interesting thing in the whole game, as I recall...
Old 18-07-2019, 12:15 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSSELL View Post
Pretty much any of them... We got thumped 4 - 0 at Southend back in 1999 ish too!
Is that the one where our fans well some broke in though think was much earlier than that.