Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 09-09-2019, 12:17 PM
Is on dis ting.

dannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky View Post
Unchanged squad for The Oval test. Awful.

WTF is wrong with Root and the selectors?
no point changing the team now.

let's get the new coach in and start afresh after this series.

then they have 2 months to make some proper decisions for New Zealand & South Africa.

as long as England take Pope & Northeast with them i'll be happy.
"They will always have this. They will always have those two exquisite moments of silence. No matter what happens against Watford at Wembley, no matter whether they make it to the promised land, the night when the Amex Stadium fell quiet will enter into Crystal Palace folklore, into legend."

Last edited by dannyboy1807; 09-09-2019 at 12:20 PM.
Old 09-09-2019, 12:48 PM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones14 View Post
You're only 25 Malarkey, the chances of you even seeing a pair of breasts is minimal, least of all a baby going cross eyed trying to get a feed out it's mother. (Reference to the cross eyed nipple sucker) and he does look cross eyed as well as Buttler constantly looking stoned.
Bit of banter mate.
You've lost me, but I guess you've had a bit celebrating...
Old 09-09-2019, 12:58 PM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Quite relieved it’s over. Puts us out of our misery.
Old 09-09-2019, 01:45 PM

audreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglejez View Post
time to move on but lets not pretend more than three knew about the sandpaper unless you think the bowlers wouldn't have noticed.

Best team won but Smith is a massive massive cheat
More than three for sure Jez...and throw in a couple, no sorry all the other countries that play cricket who just haven't been caught mate.....it just aint cricket!...can we make cricket CRICKET again please as it may be out last refuge in times of "political turmoi"
Old 09-09-2019, 01:52 PM
So then I says to Mabel

JamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by audreytatou View Post
More than three for sure Jez...and throw in a couple, no sorry all the other countries that play cricket who just haven't been caught mate.....it just aint cricket!...can we make cricket CRICKET again please as it may be out last refuge in times of "political turmoi"
Old 09-09-2019, 01:53 PM

audreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamTheEagle View Post
Turmoil
Old 09-09-2019, 01:54 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaljim View Post
Daft imperialist! Develop your own talent!
Worst stealing of an African jewel since Kepler Wessels.
Old 09-09-2019, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
Worst stealing of an African jewel since Kepler Wessels.
Tony Greg ...Alan Lamb,Kevin Peterson....Basil friggin dolivera,Chris Smith,Robin Smith....oh and its Lab-bu-shak-knee for all you daft *****
Old 09-09-2019, 01:58 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Quote:
Here's a little review of you lot. Take it for what it's worth. Sledge me, slate me, it don't matter, but this is what I see in your team.
Might I add I don't think ours is that flash either.

Burns- Rode his luck early in the series with a couple of poor shots and dropped catches, but as an opener you need a little bit of fortune and he takes his chance when given it. Think he's a definite player at this level. I like him for a cross eyed nipple sucker.
Roy- Bloke was shunted into the hardest role imaginable for a test cricketer, opener...………………...and failed dismally. Not a test cricketer in that role, maybe at 6 but not as an opener.
Root- Looked all at sea with his batting and as a captain that can then translate into the field with bowling changes, field placements and reviews. Horror series for him, might be time to hand over the captaincy and concentrate on his batting, because he can seriously bat.
Denly- I know a lot of poms don't like him, but I think he'll come out of this series a far better player. He's got a good technique, nice shots both sides of the wicket, he can be aggressive and play the sheet anchor role if needed. I'm a fan so far.
Buttler- Doesn't seem to have the temperament of a test batsman at all. Not sure they've defined his role in the team that well and he looks to be lost because of this. Think he's got talent, but possibly not for the red ball. He needs to play a lot of county cricket I reckon with a defined role in his team.
Stokes- Absolute beast of a player, who I think could be one of your countries finest all rounders. More of a batting all rounder but he gives me chills when he walks into bat as he has the X factor. Reminds me of Gilchrist, can take the game away from you in a session. His bowling needs some work as he's to short with his deliveries. If he can pitch it up a yard then he could take a lot of wickets, especially through the middle order and tail.
Bairstow- Not sure what to make of him. Looks good with the bat at times, but can then look entirely out of sorts. Shot selection for him is critical. One boundary (if it's there) an over and then a single. Needs to turn over the strike more. His keeping is shoddy at times, so I would think he's in the team for his batting rather than keeping which is a very dangerous game to play. Keeper first, batting second for him. Needs some work.
Overton- One test ain't enough to judge him but his batting is solid and compact. He has courage and terrific patience. His bowling is erratic though and that's what needs the work, line and length mate. His release is from a good height, but not sure he's figured out how to use it yet. Work in progress.
Archer- Third test he played on adrenalin which was clear to see. He's your ace, but you need to use him very wisely. 5 over spells with a bowler at the other end that can keep the game tight. He started to show signs of fatigue, understandably but the bloke is ****en rapid and he can bowl to hurt which you don't have another. Love him. He's a shit bat though.
Leach- Left arm orthodox who should really excel against all our lefties, but there's a problem. All your quicks bowl around the wicket which gives him nothing to work with unless you bowl on the 4th afternoon or 5th day. He's tidy enough, but can bowl a bit flat for to long. Needs more variation, which might help if your blokes bowled over the wicket. Got to work in tandem your bowlers, looked like everyone wanted to take the wicket and not work for the team at times. Solid bat for an 9/10/11.
Broad- Super bowler who has a lot of our guys measure. Think he has gotten better for himself, but not always for the team. Sounds harsh but I reckon he could work in tandem with the spinner on and not want every ball to be a wicket. He tends to be very hot early, but then drifts out of the game which is my point. He needs to help set up wickets for his mate at the other end. Amazing bowler though. Decent bat when he applies himself.
Bottom bits are why we are in this mess. We are picking change bowlers based on their batting because the top order have the dog shit at the wrong end of the willow.

Not picking Mahmood at Old Trafford because Overton might give us five more runs was about as appalling an act of selection as it gets.
Old 09-09-2019, 01:59 PM
Binned by Muderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by audreytatou View Post
Tony Greg ...Alan Lamb,Kevin Peterson....Basil friggin dolivera,Chris Smith,Robin Smith....oh and its Lab-bu-shak-knee for all you daft *****
We always get the bellends, though
Old 09-09-2019, 02:03 PM
Binned by Muderators

BTW - surely it is La-busch-cagney-and-lacey?
Old 09-09-2019, 03:13 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
We always get the bellends, though
Bit harsh on Basil D'Oliveira.
Old 09-09-2019, 05:45 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
Here's a little review of you lot. Take it for what it's worth. Sledge me, slate me, it don't matter, but this is what I see in your team.
Might I add I don't think ours is that flash either.

Burns- Rode his luck early in the series with a couple of poor shots and dropped catches, but as an opener you need a little bit of fortune and he takes his chance when given it. Think he's a definite player at this level. I like him for a cross eyed nipple sucker.
Roy- Bloke was shunted into the hardest role imaginable for a test cricketer, opener...………………...and failed dismally. Not a test cricketer in that role, maybe at 6 but not as an opener.
Root- Looked all at sea with his batting and as a captain that can then translate into the field with bowling changes, field placements and reviews. Horror series for him, might be time to hand over the captaincy and concentrate on his batting, because he can seriously bat.
Denly- I know a lot of poms don't like him, but I think he'll come out of this series a far better player. He's got a good technique, nice shots both sides of the wicket, he can be aggressive and play the sheet anchor role if needed. I'm a fan so far.
Buttler- Doesn't seem to have the temperament of a test batsman at all. Not sure they've defined his role in the team that well and he looks to be lost because of this. Think he's got talent, but possibly not for the red ball. He needs to play a lot of county cricket I reckon with a defined role in his team.
Stokes- Absolute beast of a player, who I think could be one of your countries finest all rounders. More of a batting all rounder but he gives me chills when he walks into bat as he has the X factor. Reminds me of Gilchrist, can take the game away from you in a session. His bowling needs some work as he's to short with his deliveries. If he can pitch it up a yard then he could take a lot of wickets, especially through the middle order and tail.
Bairstow- Not sure what to make of him. Looks good with the bat at times, but can then look entirely out of sorts. Shot selection for him is critical. One boundary (if it's there) an over and then a single. Needs to turn over the strike more. His keeping is shoddy at times, so I would think he's in the team for his batting rather than keeping which is a very dangerous game to play. Keeper first, batting second for him. Needs some work.
Overton- One test ain't enough to judge him but his batting is solid and compact. He has courage and terrific patience. His bowling is erratic though and that's what needs the work, line and length mate. His release is from a good height, but not sure he's figured out how to use it yet. Work in progress.
Archer- Third test he played on adrenalin which was clear to see. He's your ace, but you need to use him very wisely. 5 over spells with a bowler at the other end that can keep the game tight. He started to show signs of fatigue, understandably but the bloke is ****en rapid and he can bowl to hurt which you don't have another. Love him. He's a shit bat though.
Leach- Left arm orthodox who should really excel against all our lefties, but there's a problem. All your quicks bowl around the wicket which gives him nothing to work with unless you bowl on the 4th afternoon or 5th day. He's tidy enough, but can bowl a bit flat for to long. Needs more variation, which might help if your blokes bowled over the wicket. Got to work in tandem your bowlers, looked like everyone wanted to take the wicket and not work for the team at times. Solid bat for an 9/10/11.
Broad- Super bowler who has a lot of our guys measure. Think he has gotten better for himself, but not always for the team. Sounds harsh but I reckon he could work in tandem with the spinner on and not want every ball to be a wicket. He tends to be very hot early, but then drifts out of the game which is my point. He needs to help set up wickets for his mate at the other end. Amazing bowler though. Decent bat when he applies himself.

I reckon that is pretty much spot on.

Root will bounce back once he is back at his favourite 4-spot and not burdened with captaincy.
Denly has grown on me, and I reckon with patience he has what it takes to open - he did earlier in his career. Give him an extended run now with Burns. Or find an opener and drop him to 3, so Root can go back to 4.

Technique for 5-day red ball cricket lacking : Buttler, Roy, maybe Bairstow.

And Broad apparently has a little black book of every one of the 100 catches dropped off his bowling. Fielders, beware!

Definitely worth a shout now:

Ben Foakes - has to be be the best English keeper/batsmen around at the moment. Give him a go.
Ollie Pope, Sam Curran - must be given another try.
Dominic Sibley. Young, raw - don't rush him.
Plus Ben Stokes at 5.

If we will is another matter totally. And you lot are not afraid of changing the side if you see fit. Oh, for that mentality

For now, bring on the Oval
Old 09-09-2019, 06:43 PM
Binned by Muderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
Bit harsh on Basil D'Oliveira.
My bad. We almost always get the bellends.

Good old Bazza. Stuck it right up Vorster and I’m pretty sure despite his belated backtracking, Ali Bacher.
Old 09-09-2019, 09:27 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Just in from my club after a few pints with Glenn McGrath.

Sad to report that he’s an absolute gent and a generous and top bloke.

The wanker.

Cricket wanker.
Old 09-09-2019, 09:33 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
My bad. We almost always get the bellends.

Good old Bazza. Stuck it right up Vorster and I’m pretty sure despite his belated backtracking, Ali Bacher.
Gubby Allen was a bit of a c~nt too, iirc.

John Arlott, however, was not. Oh to have the likes of him back broadcasting unlike arsepits of the likes of Aggers, Swanners and racism's Vaughany.
Old 09-09-2019, 09:41 PM

smithfieldeagle FFS Murraysmithfieldeagle FFS Murraysmithfieldeagle FFS Murraysmithfieldeagle FFS Murraysmithfieldeagle FFS Murraysmithfieldeagle FFS Murraysmithfieldeagle FFS Murraysmithfieldeagle FFS Murraysmithfieldeagle FFS Murraysmithfieldeagle FFS Murraysmithfieldeagle FFS Murray
I met him in a pub after the last Gabba test. Pain in the arse when someone you’ve always hated turns out to be a real gent. I was well pissed but he stood there listening to my views on the game and then discussed the merit of my opinion
Old 09-09-2019, 09:45 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithfieldeagle View Post
I met him in a pub after the last Gabba test. Pain in the arse when someone you’ve always hated turns out to be a real gent. I was well pissed but he stood there listening to my views on the game and then discussed the merit of my opinion
WCB?

Cricket wanker.
Old 09-09-2019, 10:20 PM

smithfieldeagle FFS Murraysmithfieldeagle FFS Murraysmithfieldeagle FFS Murraysmithfieldeagle FFS Murraysmithfieldeagle FFS Murraysmithfieldeagle FFS Murraysmithfieldeagle FFS Murraysmithfieldeagle FFS Murraysmithfieldeagle FFS Murraysmithfieldeagle FFS Murraysmithfieldeagle FFS Murray
What’s WCB? The pub was the Woolloongabba Hotel and he was there representing some wine company.
Old 09-09-2019, 10:58 PM
Got any nuts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithfieldeagle View Post
What’s WCB? The pub was the Woolloongabba Hotel and he was there representing some wine company.
WCB is the poster above your original post.

Cricket wanker.