Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 22-09-2012, 06:47 PM

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Former Eagles you don't hear mentioned/you may have forgotten

I'll kick off - watching the 2002-2003 season review the other day, & completely forgot Nikolaos Michopoulos played 5 games for us.
Old 22-09-2012, 06:50 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Who?

I never knew to forget.

Mine:

Grant Watts. Early '90s
Old 22-09-2012, 06:54 PM

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling
Grant Watts.
the old coca cola cup hero from the Liverpool/Chelsea games in 1992/1993'

Another awful loan signing - Christian Edwards
Old 22-09-2012, 07:01 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspercpfc
the old coca cola cup hero from the Liverpool/Chelsea games in 1992/1993'

Another awful loan signing - Christian Edwards
Looking Wiki surprised to see he only made 4 appearances. It must be those great cup games that made him spring to mind. I seem to remember that I was in a pub in Gloucester which was having a Karaoke night with SuffolkEagle. We had a radio with us and both cheered loudly when Palace scoredagainst Liverpool while someone was up murdering a song.
Old 22-09-2012, 07:51 PM

ElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is here
Gary Goodchild.

The only time I saw him was as a substitute during the ill-fated FA Cup 3rd Round tie with Swansea in 79/80 that was played out amidst an injury crisis (in the days when top-flight squads weren't counted in the 20's or 30's)

I don't know where he suddenly turned up from. There was some sort of Scandinavian connection as I recall. He made a couple more appearances as a sub and was gone. Lanky, dark-haired bouffant, not-very-good, midfielder. That's about all I remember.
Old 22-09-2012, 07:53 PM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
ashley cole
Old 22-09-2012, 08:18 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malarkey
ashley cole
No way forgotten!

Besian Idrizaj & Paul Dickov.

Terrible what happened to Idrizaj.
Old 22-09-2012, 08:19 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Kenny Brown 1996.
Old 22-09-2012, 08:23 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva
Kenny Brown 1996.
Went to a Spanish 3rd Division game while on holiday about 2008, and he was playing for a team called Torrevieja. Think he'd pretty much retired to the Costa Blanca, but kept playing at that level just for a bit of pocket money.

What about the german guy, Marco Reich? What's he up to?
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 22-09-2012, 08:28 PM
Fiddling the statistics

Eagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is here
Steve Mautone - two appearances in that heady year of 1990.
Old 22-09-2012, 08:31 PM
Keep St George

King William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
who was the yank under sir steve mid 90's?

Blaugrana al vent,
un crit valent
Tenim un nom, el sap tothom
Barça, Barça, Barça
Old 22-09-2012, 08:33 PM

spuddy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespuddy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespuddy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespuddy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespuddy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespuddy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespuddy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespuddy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespuddy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespuddy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespuddy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by King William
who was the yank under sir steve mid 90's?

Bloody hell I mis read that first time I thought you said who was yanking under sir Steve in the mid 90's
'It's almost like this burden of not having come from behind to win a game is er weighing heavy on the minds of these Brighton players. They cannot find a response. Dikgacoi.....Zaha Oh yes Wilfried Zaha single handidly firing palace to wembley'
Old 22-09-2012, 08:38 PM

Paul Kitson
Old 22-09-2012, 08:41 PM
Computer says no!!

bigdazza08 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebigdazza08 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebigdazza08 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebigdazza08 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebigdazza08 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebigdazza08 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebigdazza08 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebigdazza08 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebigdazza08 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebigdazza08 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebigdazza08 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Noel Whelan or Trevor Benjamin.
Old 22-09-2012, 09:08 PM
Not in Oz

EagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Patritzi Billio (sp?)
Old 22-09-2012, 09:23 PM
Optimistic Eagle

telodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I haven't forgotten them but you never hear Eric Young mentioned in general media and from what I have read about the team of the 80's Jerry Murphy seems to have "disappeared of the face of the earth", to quote Vince Hilaire
Old 22-09-2012, 09:37 PM

ANDY FROM BR1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDY FROM BR1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDY FROM BR1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDY FROM BR1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDY FROM BR1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDY FROM BR1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDY FROM BR1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDY FROM BR1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDY FROM BR1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDY FROM BR1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDY FROM BR1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdazza08
Noel Whelan or Trevor Benjamin.
I woke up at Mayday with Noel Whelan (still fully kitted out) in the bed beside me, after unfortunate injury and seizure moments, at a Stoke game a good few years ago. I think he might have done his collar bone and probably never played for us again. Meaning I was pretty much the last person to see him in a Palace shirt.
Old 22-09-2012, 09:49 PM
Another Universe

unsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineunsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineunsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineunsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineunsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineunsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineunsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineunsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineunsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineunsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineunsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Rizzo
Old 22-09-2012, 09:49 PM
Future?

mojoeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemojoeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemojoeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemojoeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemojoeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemojoeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemojoeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemojoeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemojoeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemojoeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemojoeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva
No way forgotten!

Besian Idrizaj & Paul Dickov.

Terrible what happened to Idrizaj.
Think he has passed away
Old 22-09-2012, 09:51 PM
Future?

mojoeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemojoeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemojoeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemojoeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemojoeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemojoeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemojoeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemojoeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemojoeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemojoeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemojoeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Gareth Davies.
Thyrone berry.
Brian launders.
Rorry ginty.
Leif Anderson?