Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 13-08-2013, 10:53 AM

pardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is here
Sports podcasts

Which sports podcasts do you listen to? What would you recommend?

Are there any decent ones covering rugby union? What are the best ones for American sports?

In terms of football, Football Weekly is superb - the best by miles. The Game is pretty dull and full of pompous journalists who can scarcely see beyond the top six; the Ramble is still OK, though not as funny or fresh as it once was.

World Football from the World Service is very good. 5 Live's World Football Phone-in would be awesome if it wasn't for Dotun Adebayo. The European Football Show is decent.

Fighting Talk is always a great listen, though will be interesting to see what direction they take post Murray.
Old 13-08-2013, 11:15 AM

kestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I like the Tuesday Club, despite the Arsenal topic in regularly amuses me.
Old 13-08-2013, 11:19 AM

Nork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by pardew's shorts View Post
Fighting Talk is always a great listen, though will be interesting to see what direction they take post Murray.
I listened to his show on TalkShite yesterday - it was such a change from the usual crap they spout. It was actually completely Suarez/Bale/Rooney free (apart from when he interrupted the show to announce the big news that each of them had just got out of bed and were still breathing).
I'm a huge fan of Fighting Talk but I can only see it going downhill - he was the best presenter on that by a mile.

As for rugby, BBC London do (or did) a good show (on Thursday evenings I think), as do (I hate to plug them again) TalkSport on Sunday evenings.
"The cameras at the moment are focusing on the Liverpool fans, they look in disbelief, they look shocked, there's the odd one in tears. They've also just focused on one who's just picked his nose and eaten it which is rather disgusting."

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHIL BARBER View Post
all the doubters will be dealt with when it is confirmed....
Old 13-08-2013, 11:36 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
The Baseball Show with Rany and Joe.
TINSTAAPP (There is no such thing as a pitching prospectpodcast)
Effectively Wild.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 13-08-2013, 03:05 PM
ho hum

Big Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I can recommend a decent boxing pod. See my signature

Old 05-05-2018, 08:56 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Stumped - the cricket one on the BBC, latest one includes Sarah Taylor talking about anxiety issues
Old 05-05-2018, 09:05 PM

stumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is here
I listen to a podcast called "quickly Kevin will he score?" 90s football, they've had Matt le tisser, Dowie, and Paul merson on there. Really good listen and very funny.
Old 05-05-2018, 09:08 PM
Get the f* off my Cloud!!

Scifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is here
Nessun Dorma is quite good. It's basically nostalgia for 80's & 90's football where they have a main topic every week such as Euro 96 or Graham Taylor's Watford, and they fill up the rest of each episode with random football topics from the same era.

I haven't got too far in to it (there's about 20 episodes so far). The good thing though is unlike most football podcasts, it isn't like you have to keep up to date with the latest one, you can listen to them at you leisure.

(No Palace '90 FA cup episode yet, I imagine they will get to it eventually though)