Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 02-06-2019, 11:51 PM
Since '67

ozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Ian Anderson

Should he be regarded in the same vein as Bolan, Bowie, Jagger, Moon, Daltrey, and the ILK.

Been listening to a bit of Jethro.... It's aged pretty well really.

Seems to be me he never received the accolades he should have.

I guess he was so odd that he couldn't even be regarded as eccentric.
Old 03-06-2019, 12:57 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
I thought this was going to be a RIP thread. Happy to read itís not.

Isnít he into salmon farming or the like! Is he really odd outside of his stage persona?
Old 03-06-2019, 01:01 AM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
I've always been a fan - had pretty much every album up until the early 1980s. I agree that Ian Anderson is underrated, possibly because he was so eclectic that it was hard to put him in a convenient pigeon hole. (They won the grammy for heavy metal FFS - what's that about?)

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 03-06-2019, 04:03 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzieEagle View Post
Should he be regarded in the same vein as Bolan, Bowie, Jagger, Moon, Daltrey, and the ILK.

Been listening to a bit of Jethro.... It's aged pretty well really.

Seems to be me he never received the accolades he should have.

I guess he was so odd that he couldn't even be regarded as eccentric.
You'd have to be thick as a brick to think other wise.
Old 03-06-2019, 04:31 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
IMHO Anderson has never reached the dizzy heights of the other stated pop stars who were all egotists determined to achieve fame and success at all costs, and did. Ian was just a nutty flautist who danced around on stage. Was he as talented? Was he as driven? Definitely not as commercial. Different kind of character
Old 03-06-2019, 05:13 AM
It's lit bruh!

Asagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Heard him being interviewed on the radio a while back. Seemed like a really decent bloke.
Old 03-06-2019, 05:27 AM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
Unquestionably driven, Timbo - famously perfectionist. He sacked Glenn Cornick because he thought he cared too much about the rock n roll lifestyle. John Evan commented on how IA really pushed him in the improvised opening to "Locomotive Breath" until he got what he wanted. Dee Palmer said she knew she was done with the band when she played something that wasn't quite right and IA said it was ok and no one would notice.

As you say though, definitely not commercially motivated in the same way as the others.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 03-06-2019, 05:52 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
You know him better than I Hugh, I didn't know about the perfectionist bit. Having lived in the UK through his prime commercial period, more than 45 years ago, he was definitely in a lower division to the high profile stars mentioned and certainly never attained their commercial attraction. I never felt inclined to buy any Jethro Tull stuff, at the time, maybe not now, there always seemed to be something more hip. IA's stuff has definitely remained more relevant than most from the period though
Old 03-06-2019, 06:56 AM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

Like I said, quite a fan, me.

Old 03-06-2019, 07:52 AM

CK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
I thought this was going to be a RIP thread. Happy to read itís not.

?
So did I
Old 03-06-2019, 08:32 AM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Jethro Tull was like Marmite, you either loved their unusual musical style or hated it and Ian Anderson was the centerpiece it revolved around.
I loved their music back in the days.
Old 03-06-2019, 08:02 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Saw the Tull once, still have and play "Stand up". Not as big as Bowie or Jagger but superb musically and was brilliant on stage.
Old 03-06-2019, 08:44 PM
John Jackson #1

iwozjacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineiwozjacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineiwozjacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineiwozjacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineiwozjacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineiwozjacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineiwozjacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineiwozjacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineiwozjacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineiwozjacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineiwozjacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
OP ‘Living in the Past’?
Old 03-06-2019, 09:23 PM
Since '67

ozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Some great points made on here. Not sure why in my head I've picked out Bolan to compare him to, but who has stood the test of time better. Plus who was the better muso?

Used to Love T.REX back in the day, now.... well I don't think them and Tull are in the same league.

Funny how your tastes mature eh
Old 04-06-2019, 03:21 PM
In Spain forever

nibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Songs From The Wood still sounds good today.

Always remember the UK press slaughtering A Passion Play. Could well rank as the amongst the most vitriolic music reviews i’ve ever seen !
Oh, and in reference to the b-side thread, Teacher was a great reverse side to Witch’s Pronise.
Old 06-06-2019, 02:20 PM
Setting sail.

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
Still delve into Thick as Brick, probably once a year or so.