Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 01-07-2019, 04:55 PM
Edenbridge in Exile

Ninjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
I feel compelled to ask why you bought a Miles Davis album, if you don't like trumpets.
I do like trumpets, just not the sound that Miles makes with one.
Old 19-05-2020, 07:28 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Listening to a Neil Young song on the radio. Is it just me that thinks that he has a singing voice similar to Kermit the Frog?
Old 20-05-2020, 08:32 AM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilairehair View Post
Idles. Fontaines DC

I donít keep up with much guitar music these days, but these two are an exception. Digging the punky/noise rock vibes.

http://www.last.fm/user/the_paulo
Old 20-05-2020, 09:30 AM

I H8 CWEED : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineI H8 CWEED : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineI H8 CWEED : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineI H8 CWEED : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineI H8 CWEED : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineI H8 CWEED : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineI H8 CWEED : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineI H8 CWEED : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineI H8 CWEED : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineI H8 CWEED : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineI H8 CWEED : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Muse
Old 20-05-2020, 09:31 AM

I H8 CWEED : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineI H8 CWEED : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineI H8 CWEED : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineI H8 CWEED : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineI H8 CWEED : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineI H8 CWEED : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineI H8 CWEED : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineI H8 CWEED : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineI H8 CWEED : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineI H8 CWEED : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineI H8 CWEED : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Also, Soundgarden. I hate his voice. RIP though
Old 20-05-2020, 09:38 AM

Bizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by I H8 CWEED View Post
Muse
Nobody should like Muse, bloody awful band. I remember when they first came out, friends I thought had good taste in music liked them, they've mostly seen sense now.
Old 20-05-2020, 09:43 AM

Bizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoz View Post
Listening to a Neil Young song on the radio. Is it just me that thinks that he has a singing voice similar to Kermit the Frog?
I lived with a girl for about 10 years who was really into him, I hated his stuff. Since splitting up about 15 years ago I've got into him and now love some of his albums.
Old 20-05-2020, 10:42 AM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Bob Dylan

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 20-05-2020, 08:52 PM
Banned by Moderators

KingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Bob Dylan
awful singer great songwriter.
Old 20-05-2020, 09:05 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by I H8 CWEED View Post
Muse

Birdís band.
Old 20-05-2020, 09:14 PM
Born in Fort Neath

Eagle El : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle El : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle El : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle El : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle El : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle El : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle El : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle El : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle El : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle El : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle El : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Does anyone actually like the pit stop byes? Awful.
Old 20-05-2020, 11:06 PM

Staines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStaines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStaines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStaines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStaines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStaines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStaines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStaines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStaines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStaines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStaines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse View Post
Radiohead - just too moany.
Have to agree " your skin makes me cry" you what mate?
Old 21-05-2020, 10:42 PM

Staines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStaines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStaines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStaines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStaines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStaines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStaines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStaines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStaines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStaines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStaines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The Cure, never got the fuss.

I notice they quickly dropped that "Killing an Arab" song once Al Qaeda came along.
Old 22-05-2020, 12:38 AM
in the 25th Century

Polish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Led Zeppelin
Hawkwind
ACDC
Motorhead
Genesis
Joy Division (which surprises me as I like New Order)
Old 22-05-2020, 10:53 AM
Banned by Moderators

KingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staines Eagle View Post
The Cure, never got the fuss.

I notice they quickly dropped that "Killing an Arab" song once Al Qaeda came along.
Amazing band.
Old 22-05-2020, 10:57 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polish Pete View Post
One band i did like . Even saw live bought the t shirt were the Pixies. Listened to Bossa Nova recently. What a pile of shit that was
Excellent live band and that's a good album
Old 22-05-2020, 11:00 AM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Still think this thread should be renamed ďbands I donít like that others doĒ because itís still just people listing bands they donít like

http://www.last.fm/user/the_paulo
Old 22-05-2020, 11:10 AM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polish Pete View Post
One band i did like . Even saw live bought the t shirt were the Pixies. Listened to Bossa Nova recently. What a pile of shit that was
'Pixies', not 'The Pixies'

I've probably whined about that half a dozen times on the 'Things That Annoy You' thread
Old 22-05-2020, 02:11 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
'Pixies', not 'The Pixies'

I've probably whined about that half a dozen times on the 'Things That Annoy You' thread
See also Ramones and Buzzcocks for similar examples.
Old 22-05-2020, 02:27 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post
Still think this thread should be renamed ďbands I donít like that others doĒ because itís still just people listing bands they donít like
As the author of the opening post I think there is a subtle distinction between your suggestion and my original intentions for this thread. What I was after were examples of bands/artists who were critically acclaimed within a genre/scene that you were a fan of, whose appeal escaped you. Artists, who you might want to like, whose material you had listened to several times, but you just donít get it. Artists that you feel you are missing out on by not seeing their appeal.

For an example, I love post-punk and indie music. I bought both of Joy Divisionís studio albums over twenty years ago, listened to them many times both when I bought them and have tried them many times since, but I just donít get it. I quite liked New Order, but I just donít get Joy Division, I can hear their influence in bands that I like, but I just donít get Joy Division. I think it might be me not them, but I just donít get Joy Division.

See also The Jam, Neil Young The Doors, Kate Bush, Van Morrison and others for other artists that I should like, have tried to like, but just donít get.