Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 21-07-2019, 07:59 AM

Norwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Phone Upgrade Question

So, my upgrade period started today, I've been looking at deals. My question is:

If I upgrade various places want a min. of 50 per month.

But, if I want to stay with the same network and just get a new phone and tariff it's about 10 less per month.

Can I do Option 2 now or would I have to use the Upgrade prices or wait until September when the current contract completely ends?

Here's Andy Johnson He's More Than Capable... Of Scoring
And He Very Nearly Did.....
And Neil Shipperley has!!!
Old 21-07-2019, 05:17 PM

LN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwich_Eagle View Post
So, my upgrade period started today, I've been looking at deals. My question is:

But, if I want to stay with the same network and just get a new phone and tariff it's about 10 less per month.

Can I do Option 2 now or would I have to use the Upgrade prices or wait until September when the current contract completely ends?
It's a while since I've upgraded as usually go the contract sim way but with September barely five weeks away it may be better to wait until the contract ends? This way you can call them with the 'my contract has ended and I've been looking around, what can you do for me?' routine. even if they won't budge on the phones there may be leeway on the plans available to you. There's nothing to stop you spotting a bargain deal before September with someone else taking the contract and porting your number when yours finishes although there may be overlapping payments new deals sometimes come with cashback deals through the provider or third party sites like Quidco/TCB.
Old 21-07-2019, 08:24 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LN1 View Post
It's a while since I've upgraded as usually go the contract sim way but with September barely five weeks away it may be better to wait until the contract ends? This way you can call them with the 'my contract has ended and I've been looking around, what can you do for me?' routine. even if they won't budge on the phones there may be leeway on the plans available to you. There's nothing to stop you spotting a bargain deal before September with someone else taking the contract and porting your number when yours finishes although there may be overlapping payments new deals sometimes come with cashback deals through the provider or third party sites like Quidco/TCB.
^^^ this, all day long.
Old 21-07-2019, 10:02 PM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwich_Eagle View Post

50 per month?! What are you getting for that?

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 21-07-2019, 10:07 PM

Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
My 21 EE contract came to an end and their cheapest sim only was about the same price. I signed up for a 7 quid deal on Virgin. When I phoned to tell EE not to bother persuading me they matched it.
Old 21-07-2019, 10:39 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
I was offered an early change-up deal and now have a superior phone and 30gb extra data for just 2 a month more than my old deal.

Very pleased with the new deal with Virgin Mobile.
Old 22-07-2019, 05:58 AM

daverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Can you go sim only for a few months and then look for an upgrade on Black Friday. They were doing ludicrous deals last year. I got an iPhone XR with 100gb a month data for 36 a month and nothing up front.
Old 22-07-2019, 12:56 PM
Palace Saved 1/6/10

Dan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If you find online only retailers you can get a few good deals. I got a S10 cheap on Affordable Mobiles, there's also a few similar out there.