Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 29-12-2018, 01:52 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardo 888 View Post
Thanks guys, very helpful. Off to GuitarGuitar in Epsom. They have a lot of Gretsch there.
Check them out in there and then see if Gear4Music do a better deal. If they do, there's a chance GuitarGuitar will match it, and it will be one you've played and are happy with.
Old 26-01-2019, 07:53 PM

Danny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Love watching the Anderrton’s videos at NAMM.

Gretsch deep red for me.
Old 27-01-2019, 03:14 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_Cheviot View Post
Love watching the Anderrton’s videos at NAMM.

Gretsch deep red for me.
Same for the nipper, I reckon.
Old 28-01-2019, 12:20 PM
CANDUB

Pidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is here
Think carefully about buying from Andertons.

I bought an amp from them and wanted it delivered to an address which is not my home. I paid extra for a Saturday morning delivery.

The evening before the scheduled delivery, I travelled down from London to the Sussex address where it was to be delivered I opted for the morning as I wanted to get back to London that day.

On the day of the delivery they give you an hours warning as to when it’s due to turn up. Therefore I didn’t fret until 11:00hrs. I phoned up Andertons and asked where my purchase was , and they said they would call me back. Credit where credit is due, they did, and then they informed me that the amp had been delivered to Durham ( for those not familiar with the geography of England …Sussex is in the South and Durham is way up North).

They had a similar product in their warehouse, but wouldn’t cab it over to me , therefore I would have to wait to some time the next day ( although I did manage to pin them down to the morning).

I wasn’t very happy. I had spent a night away from home, and then had to spend another night and lose another half day away. Weekend screwed. They said it was the delivery company’s fault., but they chose to use DPD. My contract was with them not the delivery company.

I have been offered £25 loyalty credit , but having spent thousands with them , I don’t think they take my loyalty seriously, therefore I do not think I will ever use them again ( unless they are sole distributors for something I really really want ).

As to their videos , I use to quite enjoy them but I stopped watching them as I didn’t like the jamming/product review balance.

I now have an disatisfied customer “vibe”.
Old 29-01-2019, 01:34 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pidster View Post
Think carefully about buying from Andertons.

I bought an amp from them and wanted it delivered to an address which is not my home. I paid extra for a Saturday morning delivery.

The evening before the scheduled delivery, I travelled down from London to the Sussex address where it was to be delivered I opted for the morning as I wanted to get back to London that day.

On the day of the delivery they give you an hours warning as to when it’s due to turn up. Therefore I didn’t fret until 11:00hrs. I phoned up Andertons and asked where my purchase was , and they said they would call me back. Credit where credit is due, they did, and then they informed me that the amp had been delivered to Durham ( for those not familiar with the geography of England …Sussex is in the South and Durham is way up North).

They had a similar product in their warehouse, but wouldn’t cab it over to me , therefore I would have to wait to some time the next day ( although I did manage to pin them down to the morning).

I wasn’t very happy. I had spent a night away from home, and then had to spend another night and lose another half day away. Weekend screwed. They said it was the delivery company’s fault., but they chose to use DPD. My contract was with them not the delivery company.

I have been offered £25 loyalty credit , but having spent thousands with them , I don’t think they take my loyalty seriously, therefore I do not think I will ever use them again ( unless they are sole distributors for something I really really want ).

As to their videos , I use to quite enjoy them but I stopped watching them as I didn’t like the jamming/product review balance.

I now have an disatisfied customer “vibe”.
Sorry to hear that. Wankers. I don't think I've bought anything from them in the past, but I will heed your warning. Gear4Music have been pretty reliable when I've used them. Not for instruments, though. I really don't trust mail order for that.
Old 30-01-2019, 09:30 AM
rock soldier

Marky_K is happy as a lark and everything is fineMarky_K is happy as a lark and everything is fineMarky_K is happy as a lark and everything is fineMarky_K is happy as a lark and everything is fineMarky_K is happy as a lark and everything is fineMarky_K is happy as a lark and everything is fineMarky_K is happy as a lark and everything is fineMarky_K is happy as a lark and everything is fineMarky_K is happy as a lark and everything is fineMarky_K is happy as a lark and everything is fineMarky_K is happy as a lark and everything is fine
I can vouch for GAK in Brighton. Have bought musical hardware from them in the past.

Would also suggest Hogan Music in Newbury - my local: To view the link you have to Register or Login

Good pricing and the sale at the moment is pretty good.
Old 15-08-2019, 07:35 AM
CANDUB

Pidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is here
Another thing I have noticed about Andertons.... they look like they are priced the same as their competitors, but the deal won't be the same. Their price may not include a gig bag, which presumably they flog separately.
A few years ago, I bought a Gibson 335 off them. It said case included... it didn't say it wasn't a Gibson case. This may have some effect on the price when it is sold on ( after I have carked it ).

Old Weasel face and the Hair Transplant kid may amuse you with their formulaic videos, but check the small print on your purchases.