Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 10-06-2019, 07:59 PM
AWM V 42 124,125

Brummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
My son watches people playing video games on You Tube....which is even more boring than actually playing video games. Its also made him think that, when he is actually playing games himself, he has to keep up a running commentary.
He should watch it on To view the link you have to Register or Login it's much better and my son works for them

Old 11-06-2019, 07:06 AM
YOU SAY THAT YOU LOVE ME

vegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Subscribed Bubbs , fair play to you. My sister is a primary teacher she loves all this.
I have a small boxing channel To view the link you have to Register or Login

It's a passion project really but has given me some amazing access, a lot of people doing the same so it's hard to get subscribers! Any advice would be great!
Old 11-06-2019, 07:20 AM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Well checking in again...

My channel ‘Bubble Education’ has now got about 6,000 subscribers and had 4.8m views. Despite those numbers I’ve still only been averaging earnings of £100 a month, although this month I got £170. Not sure if that’s just an anomaly or things are really starting to pick up.

You Tube earnings across the board took a huge hit about 18 months ago when some of the big advertisers pulled out because of some scurrilous channels and the advertisers didn’t want their products connected with them. So I noticed a big drop in earnings around early 2018.

However, my views have consistently increased so my earnings have too. Not bad really because I haven’t gone out of my way to publicise my channel at all. Have decided it might be time to do so though, so have made an advert which I’m planning on emailing to primary schools. Have managed to source an excel spreadsheet with thousands of school emails on it so might just send it out there. Not sure if it’s as easy as that or if it will just end up in junk mail? We’ll see.

Have you set up a professional looking social media to accompany it? If you are emailing out to schools it is now worth considering this isn't a hobby type account now but a professional business. Might be worth adding a few white lies to your descriptions about being used in schools and nurseries even if they aren't.

Start organising your videos into a playlist so parents can just press play of the playlist, you can have one for your alphabet videos, months of the year videos etc

It is sometime since I used youtube for things like this with my kids when they were young but it almost all educational videos were American accents/pronunciations so maybe marketing your videos as British education might help.
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 11-06-2019, 11:04 AM
Probationary User

AmyHamada is playing for a contract
Wow, I didn't even imagine, that I can found here a lot of YouTubers. Thanks for this!
Old 04-09-2019, 11:02 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Got a gmail today from You Tube saying they are stopping all personalised ads on videos made for children. This is because they’ve just been find $170m based on the online Children’s privacy act. To view the link you have to Register or Login

Really worried that this will affect my earnings. Not that I get much but it has taken me years to get my channel to a stage where I’m earning - just enough to pay my gas and electric each month - but in my present situation it’s been a godsend. So couldn’t believe it today when I got this information from Google (who own You Tube).

Have been in touch with them, but looks like it’s still not clear if and how much my channel will be affected. This is the letter they sent back to me - anyone make sense of it more than me?

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out.

I understand that you are concerned in the changes that will take effect on the platform. Let me provide you more insights about it.

We know that the changes we’re making on YouTube.com may impact your business, but we believe these are the right steps to take to ensure that kids are better protected on YouTube.

Though personalized ads will no longer be featured on content made for kids, we’ll continue to serve non personalized ads (ads that are shown based on context rather than on user data). This Help Center article outlines some types of non personalized ads under “Content targeting”.

Unfortunately, it’s difficult to estimate as there are many factors that can influence your revenue.

Some advertisers may have excluded ads on your content, which may have resulted in a decline in your revenue.

Advertisers have the choice – at any time – to exclude showing their ads on content that is suitable for families. Content exclusion settings let advertisers opt out of showing their ads alongside certain categories of videos that may not be appropriate for their brand or serve their advertising goals.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 04-09-2019, 11:24 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas78 View Post
Subscribed Bubbs , fair play to you. My sister is a primary teacher she loves all this.
I have a small boxing channel To view the link you have to Register or Login

It's a passion project really but has given me some amazing access, a lot of people doing the same so it's hard to get subscribers! Any advice would be great!
Sorry, only just seen your post for some reason. My channel has grown organically really. I haven’t done much in terms of advertising other than open up a Facebook page and just recently made an ad for the channel which i’m slowly emailing round to Primary schools.

From what I’ve learnt apparently when you upload your video it’s important to put into the ‘tag’ box words that will help people find your channel. Also an eye catching thumbnail helps so people are drawn to hitting your video when it pops up.

Mabye join some boxing forums and Facebook groups and put your links onto them.

With this latest issue with You Tube (in my post above), think I’ll need to look into making my own site with the videos as Switchboard suggested. I know nothing about doing something like that so that’s why I haven’t yet, but will probably have to look into it now. Who knows, this issue might end up being a good thing making me look for other ways to publicise the channel.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 05-09-2019, 05:36 AM
Palace Saved 1/6/10

Dan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Got a gmail today from You Tube saying they are stopping all personalised ads on videos made for children. This is because they’ve just been find $170m based on the online Children’s privacy act. To view the link you have to Register or Login

Really worried that this will affect my earnings. Not that I get much but it has taken me years to get my channel to a stage where I’m earning - just enough to pay my gas and electric each month - but in my present situation it’s been a godsend. So couldn’t believe it today when I got this information from Google (who own You Tube).

Have been in touch with them, but looks like it’s still not clear if and how much my channel will be affected. This is the letter they sent back to me - anyone make sense of it more than me?

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out.

I understand that you are concerned in the changes that will take effect on the platform. Let me provide you more insights about it.

We know that the changes we’re making on YouTube.com may impact your business, but we believe these are the right steps to take to ensure that kids are better protected on YouTube.

Though personalized ads will no longer be featured on content made for kids, we’ll continue to serve non personalized ads (ads that are shown based on context rather than on user data). This Help Center article outlines some types of non personalized ads under “Content targeting”.

Unfortunately, it’s difficult to estimate as there are many factors that can influence your revenue.

Some advertisers may have excluded ads on your content, which may have resulted in a decline in your revenue.

Advertisers have the choice – at any time – to exclude showing their ads on content that is suitable for families. Content exclusion settings let advertisers opt out of showing their ads alongside certain categories of videos that may not be appropriate for their brand or serve their advertising goals.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.
From that response it sounds like your videos can still have ads placed on them, but the algorithm behind the advertisements will make sure each advert is not personalised to whoever's watching and be more of a "generic" approach.

Personalised adverts/marketing content tends to perform better than generic as it's based on a user's habits, interests and backed up by data, which is why you may see a drop in revenue due to the lack of personalisation for each user.
Old 05-09-2019, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan A View Post
From that response it sounds like your videos can still have ads placed on them, but the algorithm behind the advertisements will make sure each advert is not personalised to whoever's watching and be more of a "generic" approach.

Personalised adverts/marketing content tends to perform better than generic as it's based on a user's habits, interests and backed up by data, which is why you may see a drop in revenue due to the lack of personalisation for each user.
Ah right, thanks for clarifying that dan. So, looks like I will see a decline in earnings as i believe it all depends on length of time a user watches the adverts. The ad’s will no longer directly interest the children, so less viewing time I guess.

- John Peel