Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 23-09-2019, 11:50 AM
Keep St George

King William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
yes 100% there fault - they didn't look either way when crossing what is normally a busy road for buses. They acknowledged it was there fault.

I will defo look into Insurances

Blaugrana al vent,
un crit valent
Tenim un nom, el sap tothom
Barça, Barça, Barça
Old 24-09-2019, 02:37 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Disc brakes vs rim brakes - where do we stand?

One of the reasons I'm tempted by the bike in my previous post is because I keep thinking it may be time to switch. Riding in the torrential rain this morning - and feeling the impact on my braking efficiency - reinforced this view, unlike I was riding alongside someone with disc brakes that were making an awful squealing noise. I'm really not sure I could put up with that.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 24-09-2019, 02:45 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
One thing about rim brakes - they mean you can run tyres as wide as you like - which I think is the reason that bike has them. And that, in turn, means more comfort and more opportunity to go where you like.
Old 24-09-2019, 03:10 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
One thing about rim brakes - they mean you can run tyres as wide as you like - which I think is the reason that bike has them. And that, in turn, means more comfort and more opportunity to go where you like.
You mean disc, not rim - but yes, that's an attraction too. I can't run wider than 25mm. And the other attraction is your wheels last longer as you don't wear out the rims.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Old 24-09-2019, 03:37 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Yeah sorry, disc.
I have a disc brake on the front wheel of my Orbea, now. They do stop you well. I'm finding it harder to adjust, but probably because I've never done it before.
The wider tyre, the better, in my view.
Old 24-09-2019, 04:08 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
I'm really, really, not in the market for a new bike; and I haven't got £2k to spare, but an advert for this keeps appearing on my Facebook timeline and it is a thing of beauty (the whole range is - I think the rim brake bikes actually look nicer, but disc are more practical).

To view the link you have to Register or Login
That really reminds me of that Creme Echo Laguna I was seriously lusting over on here a few years back.

Beautiful.
Old 19-10-2019, 07:20 AM
Borderline lunacy

Anyone interested in a possible Palace related charity ride in the spring, drop me a PM.

Old 22-10-2019, 06:26 AM
Marmite Lover

macs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
I've been out riding twice a week now for probably 18 months, averaging about 120 miles a month. I appreciate this is not much when I look at Stevek doing 100 (well 99.99) miles in one day, but as I'm almost 64 I don't think it's too bad.

Anyway... over the last month my left hip has really started to hurt to the point I can't put any weight on my left leg, even to put my trousers on. I really didn't associate it with riding the bike, as I feel no pain when riding, and in my mind it would be loosening things up, whatever the problem is.

After some research, and self diagnosing, I'm pretty sure it's Trochanteric Bursitis. And apparently one of the major causes is riding a bike! The repetitive motion apparently.

I plan on seeing a doctor soon, but I really find this hard to believe (or don't want to believe) as cycling is one of the last remaining forms of exercise I enjoy, as well as the solitude that comes with the ride.

Anyone else had hip problems after riding?
Have you had a bike fit? I've noticed a lot of my knee pains we've once I had one. They also noticed that I cycled with my knees slightly out which inflamed right knee and left hamstring. So I've corrected this.