Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 25-09-2019, 08:45 AM

S.P.R. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineS.P.R. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineS.P.R. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineS.P.R. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineS.P.R. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineS.P.R. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineS.P.R. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineS.P.R. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineS.P.R. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineS.P.R. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineS.P.R. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
UEFA Europa Conference League 2021

Just been approved.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

An incentive or a waste of time?

Last edited by S.P.R.; 25-09-2019 at 08:50 AM.
Old 25-09-2019, 08:55 AM
Concession/Adult

9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Am I reading this right? You have to finish as high as seventh to qualify?

If so it will have no affect on us as I can't see us finishing that high for some time, if ever.
Old 25-09-2019, 09:00 AM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
The quality already in the Europa League is pretty poor overall, this will really scrape the barrel
Old 25-09-2019, 09:29 AM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Freedman9 View Post
Am I reading this right? You have to finish as high as seventh to qualify?

If so it will have no affect on us as I can't see us finishing that high for some time, if ever.
Thats the spirit Dougie.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 25-09-2019, 09:52 AM

mcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS78 View Post
The quality already in the Europa League is pretty poor overall, this will really scrape the barrel
In the qualifying stages maybe, but not in the group stages
Old 25-09-2019, 09:56 AM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Surely they should just bring back the Cup Winners Cup?
Old 25-09-2019, 10:09 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
This will improve the quality of the Europa League by skimming off the weakest from that competition.

As a Palace fan I wouldn't turn my nose up at this, just as I didn't when we took part in the UEFA Intertoto Cup.

Would still be a tall order for us to qualify for it, but I guess if we were ever that lucky, then the manager of the time could always take a pragmatic approach and do what Hull, Burnley, or West Ham did, and compete in the preliminary/qualifying rounds, then conveniently bow out before reaching the six game group stage.

Despite Roy's long run in the Europa League with Fulham, I really cannot see us ever qualifying in the foreseeable future, unless we somehow fluke a place via the fair play league (unlikely with the amount of yellows Luka picks up!)
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 25-09-2019, 12:50 PM

mcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I did hope, given England's UEFA coefficient ranking, that we'd get more than one spot in the UEFA Conference League, or Europa League 2 as it's been named unofficially.

Especially when you consider that the Scottish Premier League will have 3 teams to qualify, but its balanced out as they lose their Europa League place (which a team would only be able to qualify for if they're knocked out of the 3rd qualifying round of the Champions League).

Good news though for the Danish Superliga (which I follow closely) as they'll gain 2 spaces in the UEFA Conference League, & double their champions league qualification spaces up to 2, whilst maintaining a Europa League spot.

Current coefficient rankings can be found here;
Old 25-09-2019, 12:58 PM
Who give you extra?

thehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It's just splitting up the Europa League to improve the quality and letting a few more that would have missed out in the qualifiers go in this new league right? Same number of teams qualify for Europe from each country as before.

Shame for us would love to see us in Europe. We are surely one of the top 96 teams in UEFA? Could be a pathway to europe in future years if qualification criteria changes again.
Old 25-09-2019, 02:18 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
This will improve the quality of the Europa League by skimming off the weakest from that competition.

As a Palace fan I wouldn't turn my nose up at this, just as I didn't when we took part in the UEFA Intertoto Cup.

Would still be a tall order for us to qualify for it, but I guess if we were ever that lucky, then the manager of the time could always take a pragmatic approach and do what Hull, Burnley, or West Ham did, and compete in the preliminary/qualifying rounds, then conveniently bow out before reaching the six game group stage.

Despite Roy's long run in the Europa League with Fulham, I really cannot see us ever qualifying in the foreseeable future, unless we somehow fluke a place via the fair play league (unlikely with the amount of yellows Luka picks up!)
Don't think the fair play thing still happens.