Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 09-09-2019, 01:37 PM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Best streaming dongle - bang for buck

Whilst trying to get my 8 year old LG TV (pre-WebOS) to accept casting from my Galaxy Tab A I started quitting into looking at a wired connection (it has casted pictures in the past, I know the bastard can do it), and it was then I entered the world of dongle TV. The solution to bring that TV forward a decade may be to bypass its crappy system and use an airplay type casting/mirroring dongle, and if I do that I may as well get a TV one which accepts a cast from said Galaxy Tab A. So I'm interested in these thingies.

Hope that makes sense. I see that Roku are up there, and there's the classic firestick and i'm sure there are others.

I don't have much need for yet more telly tbh, but thought I'd explore it.

Can you get sports donkey and the likes for streaming Palace or is that a Kodi platform thing only?

I had a bad experience with a streaming box in the past, I bought a premium android box by Minix and after using it briefly and finding that the streaming was crappy and awkward and flaky I turned it off. When I revisited it the thing simply wouldn't even turn on. Total shithouse waste of money, as bad as a Brighton record signing.

Last edited by Spindle; 09-09-2019 at 01:41 PM.
Old 09-09-2019, 01:42 PM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
4k firestick. Can install IPTV services such as Sports Donkey/Universal on there, plus all the others.

If you have an Amazon Prime account you get a ton of TV options on there too

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 09-09-2019, 02:05 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
The Q + Android box is excellent value with a 64gb built in memory and it has 6K , 4K capability.

They are under 30 on Ebay and with a good connection hardly buffer at all because they also have a lot of RAM.

Youtube video

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 09-09-2019, 04:08 PM

LN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is here
I have an HD voice Firestick and it works fine for casting although some items are shown as restricted for casting (some live TV and Amazon) but works fine on the stick itself. I haven't even got round to putting Kodi on the stick as it's on my phone and casts well over to the Firestick even faster than my dedicated Android box on the main TV.
An advantage of the Firestick is it linking to Amazon Alexa and being able to control other hardware via Alexa like a security camera and to display live footage of them on your tv by voice command.
Old 10-09-2019, 01:07 PM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
I finally managed to get LG's own casting app installed, did it all, ****** didn't even work despite being connected.

Think I'll start with a wired MHL connection (type C to HDMi) then take it from there.
Old 03-10-2019, 08:40 PM

palacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
firestick
Old 03-10-2019, 09:35 PM

OneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Agree with firestick 4k