Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 25-09-2019, 06:56 AM

Jerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is here
Lovely snaps KP.
That extra side access for chips on Monoliths and Komodos is a real bonus. I've also see plancha type flat-tops for the Monolith which look fun too.
Old 25-09-2019, 07:09 AM
el ballothundero

kiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I was looking at the plancha when I picked up the Monolith. It's huge, but at nearly 300 quid, an expense I can't afford at the minute. My next accessory for it will likely be the grill extender. Then I'll probably go for the rotisserie...

Turning Wright Facebook Page

Turning Wright on Etsy

Maker of pens, turner of wood
Old 26-09-2019, 06:33 AM

Jerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiralyspyjamas View Post
I was looking at the plancha when I picked up the Monolith. It's huge, but at nearly 300 quid, an expense I can't afford at the minute. My next accessory for it will likely be the grill extender. Then I'll probably go for the rotisserie...
Yikes, that's more pricey that I thought.
I have resisted the temptation to accessorise but could go for an 'eggstender', with to give me enough levels to accommodate everything for a roast.
I did get an OTT lifter, which I use a lot.
A set of three cast iron skillets are the best addition, though.
Old 26-09-2019, 07:38 AM
el ballothundero

kiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I bought a cheap cast iron pot to put on the bbq from Aldi. Smoked some chili in it last week and was pretty good. I think the grill extender may be a good shout as I could then roast a joint on the top rack and have my spuds, parsnips and other veg underneath catching the drippings.

The only stuff I've bought so far, apart from the pizza stone, is some cheap welders gloves from screwfix for changing out pans and deflector plates mid cook.

Turning Wright on Etsy

Old 26-09-2019, 07:50 AM

Quote:
I bought a cheap cast iron pot to put on the bbq from Aldi. Smoked some chili in it last week and was pretty good. I think the grill extender may be a good shout as I could then roast a joint on the top rack and have my spuds, parsnips and other veg underneath catching the drippings.

The only stuff I've bought so far, apart from the pizza stone, is some cheap welders gloves from screwfix for changing out pans and deflector plates mid cook.

Likewise I started with gloves like that, but the major downside is that they transmit heat fast if they are wet or greasy. But for the price they are a no brainier. Certainly when burping the Egg.
I got some synthetic heatproof gloves off amazon for under £30 and they are way better.
Old 26-09-2019, 08:00 AM
el ballothundero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Murphy's Fringe View Post
Likewise I started with gloves like that, but the major downside is that they transmit heat fast if they are wet or greasy. But for the price they are a no brainier. Certainly when burping the Egg.
I got some synthetic heatproof gloves off amazon for under £30 and they are way better.
Contemplating getting another pair as my "clean" gloves for handling elements of the grill and use the current pair as my food handling gloves.

Turning Wright on Etsy

Old 26-09-2019, 02:32 PM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Contemplating getting another pair as my "clean" gloves for handling elements of the grill and use the current pair as my food handling gloves.

Is that a request for oven gloves as a chrimbo present KP?
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 02-10-2019, 07:43 AM
el ballothundero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardent Eagle Forever View Post
Is that a request for oven gloves as a chrimbo present KP?
No. Although there are a few accesories you can get me that I want

Turning Wright on Etsy

Old 02-10-2019, 11:36 AM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
Quote:
He meant for the barbecue, not the torture chamber.
Old 05-10-2019, 03:07 PM
a bit peckish

PIE "N" MASH Sam the man is herePIE "N" MASH Sam the man is herePIE "N" MASH Sam the man is herePIE "N" MASH Sam the man is herePIE "N" MASH Sam the man is herePIE "N" MASH Sam the man is herePIE "N" MASH Sam the man is herePIE "N" MASH Sam the man is herePIE "N" MASH Sam the man is herePIE "N" MASH Sam the man is herePIE "N" MASH Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Hopefully that has come out.
Beef shortrib in a jerk rub.Will be on the Joe for 4hrs in treble wrap foil then 1hr without the foil at around 130c.More rub at the foiless stage.
Having it with bubble n squeak and cheesy beans.If I'm sober after us smashing wetspam I'll post a pic

COYP
Old 05-10-2019, 07:29 PM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Your spelling is atrocious KP. You're going to have to improve if Santa is going to bring you the accessories that you want

To thing you went to Grammar School.
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Old 05-10-2019, 07:30 PM
Just call me sarge!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIE "N" MASH View Post

Beef shortrib in a jerk rub.Will be on the Joe for 4hrs in treble wrap foil then 1hr without the foil at around 130c.More rub at the foiless stage.
Having it with bubble n squeak and cheesy beans.If I'm sober after us smashing wetspam I'll post a pic

COYP
If you wrap the meat in three layers of foil, why not stick it in a normal oven?

Quote:
Old 05-10-2019, 09:20 PM
el ballothundero

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIE "N" MASH View Post

COYP
Great minds think alike. Mine went about 5 hours, 2ish smoked and 2 double wrapped plus half hour to rest. Juicy as anything. Still can't get over how tender and juicy Kamado cooked meats are compared to oven cooked... Bones pulled out clean. Paired really well with some homemade BBQ sauce too

Turning Wright on Etsy

Old 06-10-2019, 06:05 AM
a bit peckish

PIE "N" MASH Sam the man is herePIE "N" MASH Sam the man is herePIE "N" MASH Sam the man is herePIE "N" MASH Sam the man is herePIE "N" MASH Sam the man is herePIE "N" MASH Sam the man is herePIE "N" MASH Sam the man is herePIE "N" MASH Sam the man is herePIE "N" MASH Sam the man is herePIE "N" MASH Sam the man is herePIE "N" MASH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardent Eagle Forever View Post
If you wrap the meat in three layers of foil, why not stick it in a normal oven?
Why would I stick it in an oven when I have a Joe!!!
Old 07-10-2019, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Great minds think alike. Mine went about 5 hours, 2ish smoked and 2 double wrapped plus half hour to rest. Juicy as anything. Still can't get over how tender and juicy Kamado cooked meats are compared to oven cooked... Bones pulled out clean. Paired really well with some homemade BBQ sauce too
Excellent work there, fella.
Old 27-10-2019, 10:34 PM
el ballothundero

Did pizzas and garlic bread on the Monolith tonight. Such a fantastically flexible cooking tool!

Turning Wright on Etsy

Old 07-11-2019, 09:54 AM
el ballothundero

Quick question, does anyone with a BGE/Kamado Joe have any of the cast iron cooking surfaces? Are they really worth it over the standard grill grates?

Turning Wright on Etsy

Old 07-11-2019, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Quick question, does anyone with a BGE/Kamado Joe have any of the cast iron cooking surfaces? Are they really worth it over the standard grill grates?

I got a set of 3 skillets and am very happy with them. Wasn't attracted to the plancha tops etc. I have stuck with the standard grill too.
Old 07-11-2019, 04:22 PM
el ballothundero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Murphy's Fringe View Post
I got a set of 3 skillets and am very happy with them. Wasn't attracted to the plancha tops etc. I have stuck with the standard grill too.
Not a bad shout actually. Shame you can't really do a try before you buy jobby. You can get a massive stainless plancha for the Monolith, but at nearly 300 quid, I don't think I'd get it. No clue when I'd use it! Probably get more use out of the rotisserie attachment for it...

Turning Wright on Etsy

Old 08-11-2019, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Not a bad shout actually. Shame you can't really do a try before you buy jobby. You can get a massive stainless plancha for the Monolith, but at nearly 300 quid, I don't think I'd get it. No clue when I'd use it! Probably get more use out of the rotisserie attachment for it...

The accessories could be ruinous for your bank balance. BGE remind me a bit of 80's / 90's BMW when you had to pay for the stereo, but the cars were great.
I have mostly resisted so far but could be persuaded by the Eggstender.
Quite a few on the Egghead forum run a flattop Blackstone alongside.