Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 25-09-2019, 05:02 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
So 13.1 is going well

To view the link you have to Register or Login
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 25-09-2019, 09:42 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
13.1 hasn’t fixed any of the bugs I’ve found. It’s Samsung bad.

Also have serious bugs in Watch OS6. Activity rings show closed when you get your first calorie after midnight. Just utter shit and I fail to believe not a single one of the millions of beta testers reported it.
Old 25-09-2019, 09:54 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
13.1 hasnít fixed any of the bugs Iíve found. Itís Samsung bad.

Also have serious bugs in Watch OS6. Activity rings show closed when you get your first calorie after midnight. Just utter shit and I fail to believe not a single one of the millions of beta testers reported it.
No its worse as they have only introduced swipe typing now when Samsung did it ages ago. Again Apple following the innovators. 12 more months on my iphone and then I think its time to jump ship

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 25-09-2019, 11:11 PM
User Registered

TonbridgeEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonbridgeEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonbridgeEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonbridgeEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonbridgeEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonbridgeEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonbridgeEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonbridgeEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonbridgeEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonbridgeEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonbridgeEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Mario Kart is now available.
Old 25-09-2019, 11:29 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle of Wight View Post
No its worse as they have only introduced swipe typing now when Samsung did it ages ago. Again Apple following the innovators. 12 more months on my iphone and then I think its time to jump ship
Wouldnít be so sure about Android (Iíve got a Samsung A5 as well). Both are on a serious downward curve at the moment IMO.

Example of typical Android woe: Google releases security update on 01/06/19 and at the same time disclose the vulnerabilities patched. Samsung finally updates my A5 with said patch on 06/09/19. Thatís more than three months with a phone vulnerable to exploits with a helpful how-to guide posted by Google.

That said, on Chrome I can still double tap on a thread name on the BBS and it zoom in. So Iím using my A5 more for browsing now. Iíd never ever thought Iíd ever reach for an Android over an iPhone for any task - sort of sums up how badly Apple is messing up under Tim Cook.
Old 29-09-2019, 06:32 PM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
13.1 hasnít fixed any of the bugs Iíve found. Itís Samsung bad.
Havent noticed any bugs in all honesty
Old 29-09-2019, 06:41 PM

Marki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
13.1.1 out now.
Old 30-09-2019, 05:37 PM
Binned by Muderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE View Post
Havent noticed any bugs in all honesty
Good for you - hope it stays that way.

Everyone else: 13.1.2 now out.
Old 01-10-2019, 09:35 AM
Binned by Muderators

If anyone is having problems connecting to their Sonos speaker via Spotify Connect, I've reported the bug to Apple, Sonos and Spotify. All of them deny an issue.

Temporary workaround is to close the Spotify app, turn Airplane mode on and off, and then try again. You should be able to connect to the speaker but it's not guaranteed, and neither is the duration of the connection.

Can see why Apple are not bothered as it would potentially drive you to Apple Music, but staggered by Spotify's refusal to acknowledge the problem despite hundreds of posts on their forum and on social media support pages.

Sonos app works, but alas no podcasts.

Edit - Spotify fixed it after three and a half weeks; was a fault on the backend.

Last edited by Brett; 07-10-2019 at 07:08 PM.
Old 01-10-2019, 09:48 AM
Sans Peur

RDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is here
There's definitely a drop in quality control when it comes to software. I still have issues with Safari's browser crashing intermittently, for example.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:10 AM
Binned by Muderators

Also, if you use Gmail and pull down email manually, for God's sake do not just leave your mail app open. Make sure it has finished checking for mail otherwise it can loop permanently and run down your battery. In fact, probably best to check email and then force close the app for the time being.

Managed to drain an XR battery in two hours because of this.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:21 AM
playing 4-4-2

gadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Anyone else noticing a dropping out of signal since the update? I’ve had to restart my XR a couple of times now as it can’t find o2 signal in areas which I know are strong. Restart does the trick but it should be unnecessary.
Old 02-10-2019, 09:26 AM
Sans Peur

RDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is here
13.1.2 released now.
Old 06-10-2019, 10:02 AM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDSdaEAGLE View Post
13.1.2 released now.
Anyone risked it yet?
Old 06-10-2019, 10:20 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
Anyone risked it yet?
No.

Nor the iPad os
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 06-10-2019, 11:13 AM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
Anyone risked it yet?
I have and there some new feautres in Health app etc.

It is same as the old one to be fair
Old 07-10-2019, 06:12 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Both iPads annoyingly auto updated last night when I forgot to unplug them. Both seemed solid enough so I updated my phone.

Oh dear mother of god, my phone is now incapable of receiving calls, safari just doesn’t work, and several apps I use all the time just freeze on opening. All my Garmin devices are unable to connect to the phone and my cars hands free drops every call after about ten seconds and reboots both the phone and the car’s Bluetooth.
Old 07-10-2019, 06:35 PM

BB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge View Post
I have and there some new feautres in Health app etc.

It is same as the old one to be fair
I've found it really helps me keep on top of my menstrual cycle.....

Joking aside, CarPlay is much better (when you can get it to work) and I like the night and day thing
Old 18-10-2019, 04:52 PM
Around the Fur

Seba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Iphone iOs 13.1.3 issue. Can't seem to download Mail attachments. I click on it, or 'tap to download' like I did before but nothing happens, and the attachment won't open.

Any ideas?
Old 18-10-2019, 05:01 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Bob View Post
... and I like the night and day thing
Do you know if you can turn that feature off if you don't like it?