Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 06-10-2019, 08:30 PM

Nostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
What was Stan's previous nome de guerre's?
My money's on Jimmy the Gent and my wild card is Alex DeLarge. All rather violent characters. I don't think either were banned, but certainly flirted.
Old 06-10-2019, 09:34 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Wort View Post
Mosley was a 'war hero'?

Well he did fight for a time on the Western Front in WW1, so maybe.
Old 06-10-2019, 09:35 PM
evvo111

evvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle View Post
Well he did fight for a time on the Western Front in WW1, so maybe.
Didn't Hitler do the same?
"The wise are instructed by reason; ordinary minds by experience; the stupid, by necessity; and brutes by instinct."
EE site palacecomrades com
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child."
Old 06-10-2019, 09:59 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
What was Stan's previous nome de guerre's?
I’ll work it out when I have some time.

Meanwhile, feel free to open a book.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 07-10-2019, 05:31 AM
Banned by Moderators

Stan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is here
Mosley was a complex and fascinating character of 20th century. He ended up on the wrong side of history, but dismissing him as 'evil' is shrill to the point of idiocy.
Old 07-10-2019, 05:33 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan the man View Post
Mosley was a complex and fascinating character of 20th century. He ended up on the wrong side of history, but dismissing him as 'evil' is shrill to the point of idiocy.
Yeah totally pathetic how some demonise racist *****
Old 07-10-2019, 05:47 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
No one has ‘dismissed’ him as evil.

Do keep up.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 07-10-2019, 06:15 AM
moist

chelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by evvo111 View Post
Didn't Hitler do the same?
Mosley fought in WW1 but didn't receive anything other than the medals that others who did the same as him received. Not a bad thing but nothing exceptional. Hitler received two Iron Crosses. To receive two, both as an enlisted man was highly unusual and indicates extreme bravery. Göring was very highly decorated in WW1. It would be fair to say he was truly regarded as a hero at the time.

All of which highlights the issues with cherry picking parts of people's lives. Had things turned out differently in Britain, I believe Mosley would have been a key figure in the murder of millions. I think it is entirely fair to describe Mosley as evil.

Last edited by chelmsfordeagle; 07-10-2019 at 12:57 PM.
Old 07-10-2019, 06:43 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
1. No he didn’t.
2. Even if he did, history allows us to take a second look. Does everyone still think Domition was one of the worst Roman Emperors of all time? Nope and his memory was damned for all eternity when he died. Today we can see that Commodus, Caracalla, Caligula, and Elagabalus were on a whole other level of dreadful. So today when people with far far better access to sources and far far far better sources available think think Mosley was a **** it’s because he was a ****. It’s not because because the fascists lost, it’s not because fascsim is not de rigueur, it’s because he was a ****.
3. Aneurin Bevin had an excuse in 1930, as might the other signatories to the Mosley memorandum. No one today does. We know what happened after 1930.
4. I might give this post a pass if you happened to be an Economic and Social History Professor trying to get a reaction out of some first year undergrads who he’s been told he has to teach when he has many better things to do, but i’m prepared to gamble that you are not.

Last chance.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 07-10-2019, 07:10 AM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
I've only ever seen 3 episodes. Not for me.
I thought it looked like a poor man's Boardwalk Empire.
Old 07-10-2019, 07:14 AM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
I've only ever seen 3 episodes. Not for me.
I thought it looked like a poor man's Boardwalk Empire.
To me it has got a bit batman where the old peaky's who you do not mess with have more than nine lives.

Boardwalk Empire was brilliant.
Old 07-10-2019, 12:25 PM

Alex De Large : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex De Large : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex De Large : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex De Large : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex De Large : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex De Large : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex De Large : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex De Large : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex De Large : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex De Large : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex De Large : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrils View Post
My money's on Jimmy the Gent and my wild card is Alex DeLarge. All rather violent characters. I don't think either were banned, but certainly flirted.
What!?
Old 08-10-2019, 06:27 AM

Nostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex De Large View Post
What!?
I was hasty putting De Large's name into the hat. I remembered that he/she posted on a house/d&b type thread and really can't see Stan as the kind of fella that is into that genre.
Old 08-10-2019, 07:28 AM

Alex De Large : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex De Large : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex De Large : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex De Large : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex De Large : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex De Large : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex De Large : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex De Large : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex De Large : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex De Large : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex De Large : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Old 08-10-2019, 07:38 AM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrils View Post
I was hasty putting De Large's name into the hat. I remembered that he/she posted on a house/d&b type thread and really can't see Stan as the kind of fella that is into that genre.

Racist.

Old 08-10-2019, 07:52 AM
*Contents: Hydrogen, Time

Random* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelmsfordeagle View Post
Mosley fought in WW1 but didn't receive anything other than the medals that others who did the same as him received. Not a bad thing but nothing exceptional. Hitler received two Iron Crosses. To receive two, both as an enlisted man was highly unusual and indicates extreme bravery. Göring was very highly decorated in WW1. It would be fair to say he was truly regarded as a hero at the time.

All of which highlights the issues with cherry picking parts of people's lives. Had things turned out differently in Britain, I believe Mosley would have been a key figure in the murder of millions. I think it is entirely fair to describe Mosley as evil.

When you look back through British history it's funny how the good guys always win.
Old 08-10-2019, 08:11 AM
moist

chelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random* View Post
When you look back through British history it's funny how the good guys always win.
hahaha.

I'm not sure the Irish would agree with that. Cromwell for example.
Old 17-11-2019, 01:00 PM

cockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is here
Tommy breakdown

Last edited by cockles; 17-11-2019 at 01:02 PM.
Old 21-01-2020, 07:25 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Reading a bit about Mosley’s life and saw that he got married before the war at Goebbels residence in Berlin. Apparently guest of honour at the wedding was none other than Mr Hitler himself. Which made me think, I’d be surprised the way the series is going, if the makers didn’t feature a little meeting between Tommy and Adolf. It’s nailed on isn’t it?
Just watched series 5. Johnnydogs to slip the briefcase into Hitlers meeting?
Old 21-01-2020, 07:52 AM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
Quote:
What were Stan's previous nome de guerre's?
My money is (conservatively) on the Et1 character.