Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 08-07-2019, 05:39 AM

bomboyno : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebomboyno : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebomboyno : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebomboyno : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebomboyno : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebomboyno : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebomboyno : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebomboyno : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebomboyno : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebomboyno : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebomboyno : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Thanks everyone, read all the messages properly this morning.
Think self confidence has taken a hit after this past month. Its the knowing I tried my hardest during the relationship and being told the split wasn't because i had done anything wrongthat has knocked me. I know the grieve that my ex is facing is horrendous and affects people in many ways, its just there are a few questions that are unanswered and I may never get the answers to them.
Like if she felt she didn't love me anymore when her grandpa past, why travel down the 140 miles down to me 2 weekends in a row? Why still be intimate with me those weekends too?
And also I know its minor but why talk about even just going to the Palace home friendly in a few weeks.

Thanks again though guys for your support, if any of you are heading to Switzerland then let me know and I will happily buy you a drink
Old 08-07-2019, 05:58 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bomboyno View Post

Thanks again though guys for your support, if any of you are heading to Switzerland then let me know and I will happily buy you a drink
I can see a dramatic rise in ticket sales now!

Do your best to take people's advice Dave.

Hope it's a better day for you today.

Last edited by Penstone Eagle; 08-07-2019 at 06:01 AM.
Old 08-07-2019, 07:58 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bomboyno View Post
Thanks everyone, read all the messages properly this morning.
Think self confidence has taken a hit after this past month. Its the knowing I tried my hardest during the relationship and being told the split wasn't because i had done anything wrongthat has knocked me. I know the grieve that my ex is facing is horrendous and affects people in many ways, its just there are a few questions that are unanswered and I may never get the answers to them.
Like if she felt she didn't love me anymore when her grandpa past, why travel down the 140 miles down to me 2 weekends in a row? Why still be intimate with me those weekends too?
And also I know its minor but why talk about even just going to the Palace home friendly in a few weeks.

I know what you mean about confidence being knocked, I'm similar, in that the last couple of years have been horrendous, split with my partner of 7 years who I lived with and 2 redundancies!

I find myself at 43, living with my folks with hardly a pot to piss in..

I'm due to start a new (low-ish) paid job in August, but i do have the fear and doubt that it won't work out and I'll be back on the scrap heap before long!

I will throw myself wholeheartedly in to the new job and try and save a few bob, if possible, a mate has asked me to move into his place, which would be something.

Whilst I'm very outgoing, I shield myself away from getting hurt, more out of embarrassment i doubt whether I'd be able to find a partner as I have not a lot too offer at present.

I've scaled down my boozing, which is a good thing and I'm trying to get fit for the first time in years, the new job has a gym, which would be highly beneficial.

I suppose I have a few goals to try and work towards, but it is difficult to keep the blues in check..
Old 08-07-2019, 08:43 AM
moist

chelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76 View Post
I know what you mean about confidence being knocked, I'm similar, in that the last couple of years have been horrendous, split with my partner of 7 years who I lived with and 2 redundancies!

I'm due to start a new (low-ish) paid job in August, but i do have the fear and doubt that it won't work out and I'll be back on the scrap heap before long!

I will throw myself wholeheartedly in to the new job and try and save a few bob, if possible, a mate has asked me to move into his place, which would be something.

Whilst I'm very outgoing, I shield myself away from getting hurt, more out of embarrassment i doubt whether I'd be able to find a partner as I have not a lot too offer at present.

I've scaled down my boozing, which is a good thing and I'm trying to get fit for the first time in years, the new job has a gym, which would be highly beneficial.

I suppose I have a few goals to try and work towards, but it is difficult to keep the blues in check..
I hope things work out for you Gold.
Old 08-07-2019, 08:47 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Thanks mate, it be nice to have a change of luck.

Not being negative, it's just that I find when things are going well, there's always something that will kick you in the bollocks!
Old 08-07-2019, 08:49 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelmsfordeagle View Post
I hope things work out for you Gold.
I echo this sentiment.

All the best Chris.
Old 08-07-2019, 02:07 PM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
Yep. Good luck Chris.
Old 08-07-2019, 05:27 PM

bomboyno : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebomboyno : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebomboyno : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebomboyno : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebomboyno : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebomboyno : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebomboyno : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebomboyno : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebomboyno : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebomboyno : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebomboyno : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:

Thanks Gold. It is hard and yes we sound like we are in a similar situations. Hope you are well
Old 10-07-2019, 07:56 AM

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:

Golders, weíve not spoken in a while but donít ever doubt yourself. Youíre a top guy and from our dealings at the Chamber I know you were good at your job. I took a pay cut to have a better quality of life and its paid dividends. I sincerely hope everything comes together on the work front, I know how unsettling that can be. You know where I am if you need anything
Old 10-07-2019, 08:01 AM

chateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Thanks mate, it be nice to have a change of luck.

Not being negative, it's just that I find when things are going well, there's always something that will kick you in the bollocks!
Did Palace just sign you to play on the wing then?
Old 10-07-2019, 10:19 AM
No Self Control

catty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Last day at work. They are paying me to continue doing some training for them, which is nice.

I start my new role on Sunday, it is going to be a complete change!
Old 10-07-2019, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catty View Post
Last day at work. They are paying me to continue doing some training for them, which is nice.

I start my new role on Sunday, it is going to be a complete change!
Good luck with your new role!!
Old 25-09-2019, 09:49 PM

nellis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnellis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnellis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnellis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnellis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnellis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnellis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnellis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnellis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnellis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnellis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Not sure if itís been mentioned on here already but delighted to announce that the next Crystal Palace Walk and Talk will be supporting Samaritans #realpeoplerealstories campaign. Walking from CP to Arsenal on Sunday 27th October. For more info check out: To view the link you have to Register or Login PLEASE SHARE. Would be great to have as many Palace fans down as possible.

Win when we're singing, we only win when we're singing, win when we're singing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

http://www.tackleafrica.org/
Old 05-10-2019, 08:01 PM
No Self Control

catty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
LOVE my new job, although it can be emotional at times. I didn’t realise how stressed and unhappy I actually was at my old company until I left. The people there were *****.
Old 08-10-2019, 09:40 AM

Webb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by nellis View Post
Not sure if it’s been mentioned on here already but delighted to announce that the next Crystal Palace Walk and Talk will be supporting Samaritans #realpeoplerealstories campaign. Walking from CP to Arsenal on Sunday 27th October. For more info check out: To view the link you have to Register or Login PLEASE SHARE. Would be great to have as many Palace fans down as possible.
I currently work for Samaritans, albeit in a completely different area of the organisation to this campaign (I'm in the fundraising income side of things on a six month FTC), but was told about this by a colleague Neil, who is also a Palace fan (I don't know if you've spoken to him directly!)

This sounds like a great walk and event - sadly I'm away that weekend, but would certainly be keen on coming on one in the future. I don't make it to many Palace games these days, but my big passion area is walking (and increasingly the link between walking and mental health wellbeing - both from a recent personal perspective and increasingly wanting to help others.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by catty View Post
LOVE my new job, although it can be emotional at times. I didn’t realise how stressed and unhappy I actually was at my old company until I left. The people there were *****.
That's good! Where are you working now? It really does make a big difference and it's definitely interesting looking back at things in hindsight.

I think one thing I've really noticed stepping away from getting a train or tube into central London and going south instead to Ewell for my current job is just how silly and stressed some commuters get, tutting and getting angry about train delays or other people beyond their control (previously I was certainly very guilty of this and having anxiety attacks in crowded places or dreading getting on the tube at peak rush hour)

I am still having the odd bad day, partly due to such a long time out of work, not really knowing what the next steps are beyond my current contract (I don't really want to stay in this role long term, it's been ok for a few months but quite repetitive) and general uncertainty around a few things (let alone economic uncertainty looming with a mortgage to pay), but feel like the bad days are decreasing, so I'm hopeful things are moving in the right direction still.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 08-10-2019, 04:11 PM
No Self Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webb View Post

That's good! Where are you working now? It really does make a big difference and it's definitely interesting looking back at things in hindsight
Iím working with unaccompanied asylum seeking children - boys aged 16 & 17 in a residential setting. They come to us when they arrive, so if you hear of boats being picked up in the channel then I probably have a new arrival. I love it & all of the boys, but itís a leaning curve to go through so many emotions.

Ironically Iím struggling today.

I hope you get work sorted for the long term. Uncertainty is so difficult, try to look at it as having the opportunity to find out what you want to be.
Old 08-10-2019, 05:34 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Gold76, how are you getting on in your new job? Hope it is stimulating and that the exercise regimen is helping you feel better in body and mind
Old 08-10-2019, 07:28 PM
Keeping The Faith

The job is quite tough, for a pensions firm, dealing with people at the coal face.

There is a raft of redundancies in the air too (Not my team)

I feel fitter than I have in about a decade, and the running is a great help.

Boozing less and not really to excess, a lot of positive things to look forward to AJ!
Old 08-10-2019, 10:31 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Great to hear
Old 02-11-2019, 12:15 PM
No Self Control

Things aren't great. Nothing to do with work, I love my job. I'm just trying to get to the next day.