Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 05-10-2019, 10:01 AM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe85 View Post
I dunno. If a group of people were intent on beating the shit out of me with sticks and poles it wouldn’t seem unreasonable. But I’m not a trained Police officer.
Depends if you're declaring war on the general population; and that's before we analyse whether the police have brought that level of protest on themselves with earlier behavior.
Old 05-10-2019, 10:54 AM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skin Up View Post
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Cheers for that. Explains it well.
Old 06-10-2019, 12:23 AM

The Wise Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldThe Wise Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldThe Wise Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldThe Wise Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldThe Wise Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldThe Wise Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldThe Wise Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldThe Wise Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldThe Wise Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldThe Wise Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldThe Wise Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
might not be the best way to end things... but from the video the mob outnumbered the cops. He must have felt his or his colleague life was threatened....

not defending him, just looking at things from another perspective. If someone is being attacked by a mob with deadly weapons and he has a gun with him , it will be dumb of him not to shoot to defend himself..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Eagle View Post
Are you seriously claiming that shooting someone in the chest with a live bullet from close range was the proportionate and reasonable response to that sequence of events?

Last edited by The Wise Eagle; 06-10-2019 at 12:26 AM.
Old 06-10-2019, 12:41 AM

The Wise Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldThe Wise Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldThe Wise Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldThe Wise Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldThe Wise Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldThe Wise Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldThe Wise Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldThe Wise Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldThe Wise Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldThe Wise Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldThe Wise Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Depend on which side of the camp you are in....i dont see it that way... i travel to this part of the world frequently and most people i know in hong kong does not condone the act of the protestors beating up people and destroying public properties

i dont know... but i hope you are not suggesting that the beating of the off-duty officer is justified in the 2nd video? the protestors were obviously out for his blood..

starts at 0:25

Quote:
Depends if you're declaring war on the general population; and that's before we analyse whether the police have brought that level of protest on themselves with earlier behavior.
Old 06-10-2019, 06:01 AM

Louis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I was in an internet cafe in London yesterday, and a young Chinese (I think) woman came in, smiled, and sat next to me for a while. For the last half an hour of her stay, she seemed to be absorbed in footage of a huge military parade, which I'm sure was of the October 1st National Day in Tiananmen Square last week:

She seemed to be enjoying watching (when I recognised Tiananmen Square, I was tempted to refer to the 1989 protests and massacre or perhaps start viewing one of the Hong Kong protests on my screen). Towards the end, I noticed she was crying, presumably moved by what she was watching. I remember this, and the impressive scope and scale of the National Day parade.
Old 06-10-2019, 07:46 AM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wise Eagle View Post
Depend on which side of the camp you are in....i dont see it that way... i travel to this part of the world frequently and most people i know in hong kong does not condone the act of the protestors beating up people and destroying public properties

i dont know... but i hope you are not suggesting that the beating of the off-duty officer is justified in the 2nd video? the protestors were obviously out for his blood..

starts at 0:25
No, although are certain he was an off duty cop and not one of the 'Triads' who attacked anybody they could find recently (Aided by the Police it should be added)?
Old 06-10-2019, 02:25 PM
Quicker than the human I

hong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_mik View Post
One thing I don't understand is why the protesters are targeting the MTR stations. I know that it has been the scene for some hideous state sponsored attacks. But surely having it operable will help them mobilise the protests easier?
Skin Up has this spot on. A gov owned business being used as a naked tool of fascism to repress the people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skin Up View Post
Old 06-10-2019, 02:30 PM
Quicker than the human I

hong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is here
Quote:
Events leading to shooting of Hong Kong protester...changed my perspective on the whole shooting incident..

Also take a look at this other shooting incident ....it is no wonder why the police are shooting

Off-duty cop attacked by mob
You'd make a good CCP stooge, swallowing propaganda without question.

And you're a **** full stop for condoning lethal shooting that's utterly unjustified.

With your second link, you miss the crucial fact that this off-duty officer (a) rammed a group of people with his car (b) was carrying a loaded firearm which is against the law (c) shot a 14 year old.

Last edited by hong_kong_hg; 06-10-2019 at 02:33 PM.
Old 06-10-2019, 02:32 PM
Quicker than the human I

Quote:
Yep.
And the HKPF relaxed their rules of engagement to encourage the use of live rounds making it clear officers will not be held responsible for their actions - a day before the shooting.
Old 06-10-2019, 06:54 PM
YOU SAY THAT YOU LOVE ME

vegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by hong_kong_hg View Post
Yep.
And the HKPF relaxed their rules of engagement to encourage the use of live rounds making it clear officers will not be held responsible for their actions - a day before the shooting.
Be safe, was there for the Palace games. Beautiful place and people. I feel this is going to get much worse unfortunately
Old 06-10-2019, 06:59 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Events leading to shooting of Hong Kong protester...changed my perspective on the whole shooting incident..

Also take a look at this other shooting incident ....it is no wonder why the police are shooting

Off-duty cop attacked by mob
And Tianamen Square in 1989 was just harmless banter, no doubt.
Old 06-10-2019, 11:54 PM

wtf... i can now made a good CCP stooge just because i offer a alternate view to the incident.. you showed a 5-10 sec video which show only the shooting and nothing else, my video showed the shooting and the events leading to it.. which one sound more like propaganda?? why do you sound like a twat who have no regards for anyone else's opinion unless it concurs with your own..

as for your claim to the 2nd shooting incident.. source please.. i have not seen any report/clip to suggest the off duty office rammed his car into anyone.... certainly didnt look like it in the video i shared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hong_kong_hg View Post
You'd make a good CCP stooge, swallowing propaganda without question.

And you're a **** full stop for condoning lethal shooting that's utterly unjustified.

With your second link, you miss the crucial fact that this off-duty officer (a) rammed a group of people with his car (b) was carrying a loaded firearm which is against the law (c) shot a 14 year old.
Old 07-10-2019, 12:05 AM

no, it wasnt and we shouldnt condone it....i never like the CCP and they should be ashamed of themselves for what they did in 1989..... however this is 2 different incident, why link them up unless you are saying the CCP masterminded this shooting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
And Tianamen Square in 1989 was just harmless banter, no doubt.
Old 08-10-2019, 10:09 AM

Louis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
South Park China: Writers apologise:

Old 08-10-2019, 11:56 AM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
China is a regime that regularly utilises fear and violence as a means of exerting control over its population against even the most reasonable of discent or complaint (regardless of whether its peaceful or not). Indeed peaceful protest in China is likely to get you arrested, imprisoned and potentially killed.

Its almost inevitable that the police would respond to protests by increasing the level of violence, and then blaming the protestors for the violence. The state really only communicates in a language of oppression and violence, yet expect all others to be obedient and compliant with their rules (which the state and its agents will break as an when they see fit).

The tragedy of Hong Kong at present, was inevitable, sooner or later the state would need to repress and assault the population to exert a degree of fear of the state in order to create control.
Old 08-10-2019, 12:01 PM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
You kind of have to wonder as to whether any police force can be regarded as a police force, when it exists as a means of exerting the oppressive nature of the state on the population it draws its officers from.

When you're out beating your own people with battons on a regular basis, you have to question whether you are 'protecting and serving' the community at all (esp given the degree to which the protests they started breaking up and attacking were supported in Hong Kong).
Old 10-10-2019, 04:42 PM
Quicker than the human I

Wise Eagle in nomenclature irony shocker.

South Park Band in China literally banned in China. It's brilliant, and the apology.

CCP experiences its Streisand effect moment with its farcical lock down of the NBA, which brings various other US "cool" businesses out into the open with their CCP arse-lickeranery.

HK people have sat on their hands this week having a rest, laughing as the rest of the world gets furious with China and thinks oh, hang on, if they can censor us here what are they doing in HK?
Old 10-10-2019, 04:48 PM
Quicker than the human I

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogstar721 View Post
China is a regime that regularly utilises fear and violence as a means of exerting control over its population against even the most reasonable of discent or complaint (regardless of whether its peaceful or not). Indeed peaceful protest in China is likely to get you arrested, imprisoned and potentially killed.

Its almost inevitable that the police would respond to protests by increasing the level of violence, and then blaming the protestors for the violence. The state really only communicates in a language of oppression and violence, yet expect all others to be obedient and compliant with their rules (which the state and its agents will break as an when they see fit).

The tragedy of Hong Kong at present, was inevitable, sooner or later the state would need to repress and assault the population to exert a degree of fear of the state in order to create control.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogstar721 View Post
You kind of have to wonder as to whether any police force can be regarded as a police force, when it exists as a means of exerting the oppressive nature of the state on the population it draws its officers from.

When you're out beating your own people with battons on a regular basis, you have to question whether you are 'protecting and serving' the community at all (esp given the degree to which the protests they started breaking up and attacking were supported in Hong Kong).
Every word spot on, except HK is not a tragedy, far from it.
Old 10-10-2019, 05:09 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
I remember when Jinping came over to Spain last year (which I watched from China, oddly enough), they made the guy who dresses up as Winnie the Pooh in Puerta del Sol take the week off (or possibly dress up as some less controversial figure for a few days).
Old 28-10-2019, 12:54 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
It's gone a bit quiet in the news over here. Are the protests still as intense or are they dying down a bit?

This is an interesting article on creeping Chinese technological control. I've been thinking for a while now that we're willingly inviting an Orwellian 1984 into our homes.