Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 10-10-2019, 09:57 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
Central heating? Because people aren’t chopping wood so much?
Ha ha ha.

We put on most of our weight in the winter months. Being cold burns calories!
Old 10-10-2019, 09:58 PM

lewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Remove free public transport for kids.. if the choice is eating a burger or chicken everyday after school and walking home or paying a fare. you might find they only eat fast food three times a week... or you go down the route of people will eat what they want when they want and all these government scientists really ever do is come up with new things to tax us all on.

Let them eat cake !!
Old 11-10-2019, 12:18 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Trapper View Post
I am diabetic but have never found the need nor desire to snack on a bus nor any other public transport.

Kids should have a breakfast before leaving for school

Parents need to take responsibility for their children's health and not ask the government to be responsible.

If you do not want to take responsibility for your children...don't have them.
Not the same for all. My blood sugar's pretty frisky - it's a medication induced diabetes - and I've found, on occasion, having to grab a chocolate bar off the shelf and eat it in the supermarket before reaching the checkout. It happens. And, besides, there are just some areas where nanny state simply shouldn't have a say. The problem, if it really is much of one, should be addressed in other ways, not with some catch-all ban. The smoking in cinemas and on the tube didn't do me any harm in the 70s
Old 11-10-2019, 04:23 AM

Dalianeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDalianeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDalianeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDalianeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDalianeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDalianeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDalianeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDalianeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDalianeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDalianeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDalianeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I've been away from the UK a long time and I don't know what the breakdown of a kid's study schedule is these days. But RE - I remember that from back in the day. This should be replaced with philosophy. Let's open the minds of kids rather than close them. Then PE - yes indeed. But do schools teach nutrition these days? It seems to me that exercise is all well and good, but if you don't learn to eat the right balance of stuff that exercise is less effective. And you find that the exercise will exhaust you which pushes you to eat stuff (the wrong stuff, probably) and your weight will not go down. Which is demotivating for anyone trying to get fit.

In summary, keep PE. More nutrition and philosophy (which is nutrition for the mind). No RE. I agree with less dance in principle, although I appreciate my stance is irrational here. Maybe kids could choose between foreign languages or dance. Like I had to choose between Art and Craft in my day. Talk about Scylla and Charybdis......
Old 11-10-2019, 06:30 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
It wasn’t at my school! Compulsory dance class in year 8 and 9. Was a complete joke, no one took it seriously outside of the 5% of kids who actually liked dancing.

Can’t say I ever whip out any of the moves I learnt from class in a club nowadays, so it was a pointless endeavor.
Was the guy in charge of 'dance' a massive nonce?

We had 2 PE lessons a week in secondary school, and dance was incorporated into that. Amazingly though considering this was less than 20 years ago, dance class was only for girls We played rugby, football, etc instead.
Old 11-10-2019, 06:51 AM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
Just get up ten minutes earlier and eat some bloody breakfast before you leave the house. Nobody “needs some breakfast on the go” ffs, they just need to organise themselves a tad better.
To be fair you wouldn't have time to eat on your commute to work.
Old 11-10-2019, 06:59 AM

daverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Just get up ten minutes earlier and eat some bloody breakfast before you leave the house. Nobody “needs some breakfast on the go” ffs, they just need to organise themselves a tad better.
So if you have a 2-3 hour commute to London getting up at 5:30am you shouldn’t be able to eat. What rubbish.

If I take the train to Scotland, I’m not aloud to eat?
Old 11-10-2019, 07:02 AM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by daverambo2 View Post
So if you have a 2-3 hour commute to London getting up at 5:30am you shouldn’t be able to eat. What rubbish.

You should fly to Scotland, much cheaper.
Old 11-10-2019, 07:09 AM

ChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is here
The inability for some people not to stuff food down their gobs on short train journeys and flights is beyond me. It seems to be eating for eating’s sake, to pass the time, so I do partially understand the point being made. But a blanket ban is unworkable.
Old 11-10-2019, 07:19 AM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

I doubt there are many school kids who have to get up at 5:30 for a 2-3 hour commute to London.

Ignoring that, you may notice that I didn’t actually suggest you weren’t allowed to eat anywhere in the post you quoted, I suggested that you get up earlier and have breakfast before you leave.
Old 11-10-2019, 09:35 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxinthebox View Post
how about increasing the compulsory time spent doing physical education in schools
This is what needs to happen. So many families don’t give a shot what their kids do outside of school. I was walking past a school and watching so many parents bring snacks for their kids who were prob 5 mins from home. What a joke.
Old 11-10-2019, 09:59 AM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiswickEagle View Post
The inability for some people not to stuff food down their gobs on short train journeys and flights is beyond me. It seems to be eating for eating’s sake, to pass the time, so I do partially understand the point being made. But a blanket ban is unworkable.
The last time I got on a plane, the person in front of me arrived at their seat clutching a sandwich pack. After sitting down & putting on their seatbelt they then proceeded to open the pack & eat the sandwiches. I don't know what they were but they stank. People were still getting on the plane & queuing down the aisle to get to their seats and were pulling faces at the smell.
I asked the person why they didn't opt for eating their food in the wide open terminal as opposed to a cramped plane & they said: "I don't know, it's something to do I suppose."
Old 11-10-2019, 10:01 AM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Did they get the sock?
Old 11-10-2019, 01:24 PM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post

We had 2 PE lessons a week in secondary school, and dance was incorporated into that. Amazingly though considering this was less than 20 years ago, dance class was only for girls We played rugby, football, etc instead.
I can only imagine the hysterics of a PE teacher telling the boys they are doing dancing
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 11-10-2019, 02:13 PM

daverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I doubt there are many school kids who have to get up at 5:30 for a 2-3 hour commute to London.

Ignoring that, you may notice that I didn’t actually suggest you weren’t allowed to eat anywhere in the post you quoted, I suggested that you get up earlier and have breakfast before you leave.
But the recommendation isn’t to ban school kids from eating on public transport, but from eating on public transport full stop.
Old 11-10-2019, 02:18 PM

jhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Plenty of countries don't allow you to eat on their public transport systems and it seems to be accepted by everyone without any problems. People just conform.

It makes for a much cleaner transport network and a much more pleasurable experience for everyone.
Old 11-10-2019, 02:31 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post

It was actually quite an attractive girl in her early 20s

We still had two compulsory PE/‘Games’ lessons a week. Langley’s 3 main sports were rugby, hockey and cricket, but we did loads of other things from gymnastics and athletics to basketball and tennis. FWIW our teachers were really good, and I think PE was handled well, but I don’t think it’s like that at many, if not most schools.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 11-10-2019 at 02:34 PM.
Old 11-10-2019, 03:24 PM
Dis-Member

Quote:
But the recommendation isn’t to ban school kids from eating on public transport, but from eating on public transport full stop.
And my actual point?