Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 10-03-2019, 10:42 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky View Post
It was my birthday yesterday so things got a bit silly. Got to bed at 4.30 this morning.

Many happy returns. Sorry the bastards on the pitch ruined it somewhat for you.
Old 11-03-2019, 04:53 AM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky View Post
It was my birthday yesterday so things got a bit silly. Got to bed at 4.30 this morning.
Belated HB2U Simon.
Old 14-04-2019, 11:17 AM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Pub Sunday roast before heading to Selhurst for me today.
Old 14-04-2019, 06:46 PM

Jerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is here
Brace of pheasant.

Old 28-05-2019, 06:49 AM

Jerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is here
'Monday roast' - boneless leg of lamb.

Old 01-09-2019, 03:01 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Well, its been a while. Weather has turned very autumnal up in the royal borough of Worksop, so the BBQ has been washed down and readied for its hibernation (although I'm sure it will get a couple of final run outs before the end of Sept)

Been to the butchers and picked up a great looking loin of pork with what looks like will be fantastic crackling. Just whacked it in with plenty of salt on the scored skin at 220 for 20 mins and then down low and slow at 140 for around 3 1\2 hour. Some water and cider will go in the bottom during cooking.

Having with roasts, Yorkshires, sugar snaps, baby corns, asparagus and stuffing and a cider gravy. Nice bottle of Crianza to go with. Was going to stay off the beer as I've had 2 weeks holiday and been on it just about every day but the thought of going back to work tomorrow after 2 and a bit weeks off is driving me to the pub to watch the footy.

Enjoy your roasts those that are partaking. Winter is on its way
Old 01-09-2019, 07:27 PM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
Asparagus with a roast dinner?? My mother in law is also guilty of this offence - she's also a northerner (well from Grimsby anyway).

The rest sounds delightful though.
Old 01-09-2019, 08:27 PM

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipe View Post
Asparagus with a roast dinner?? My mother in law is also guilty of this offence - she's also a northerner (well from Grimsby anyway).

The rest sounds delightful though.
The asparagus was lovely mate. The crackling didn’t crackle though. No idea why as I did I exactly the same as I always do which always turns out great. Strange

The pork itself was superb though. Sarnies tomorrow as well ..
Old 13-10-2019, 03:26 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Perfect roasting conditions, a grey autumnal day with no football. Roast beef today, Hereford topside. With roast potatoes, parsnips, carrots and Savoy cabbage. Home made Yorkshire pudding, gravy and horseradish too.
Old 13-10-2019, 03:43 PM

teesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoz View Post
Perfect roasting conditions, a grey autumnal day with no football. Roast beef today, Hereford topside. With roast potatoes, parsnips, carrots and Savoy cabbage. Home made Yorkshire pudding, gravy and horseradish too.
There’s a strange eerie void without football on such a bleak day. No decent sport at all this afternoon. I’ve cracked open an ‘off beat wild beer vs magic rock 7% stout and am about to cook a casserole rather than roast. Pork shoulder, bacon, pear, chestnut cooked in perry and chicken stock. Bit of tarragon and peas tossed in last minute. Bubble and squeak side. Bottle of gigondas.
Old 14-10-2019, 01:45 AM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
Quote:
Your endeavours on this - and the Stews and Casseroles thread deserve some rep.
Old 14-10-2019, 05:57 AM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Porchetta for us yesterday.

3kilos of boned, free range, belly pork with the loin. Butterflyed, 'stuffed' with roasted fennel seed, roasted dry chilli, a head of garlic, rosemary, lemon zest and white wine, all wizzed into a paste. Roll and tie the joint and leave for 24hours (two days if you can) in the fridge. Then slow roast for four hours.

Superb, with the best crackling ever.

[IMG]To view the link you have to Register or Login[/IMG]

Last edited by fang; 14-10-2019 at 06:33 AM.
Old 20-10-2019, 06:09 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimbloke'H' View Post
Your endeavours on this - and the Stews and Casseroles thread deserve some rep.
Doing both today, shoulder of pork just out of the oven, after four hours at 140 degrees. While the oven was on I used it to cook some beef chuck in beer (a bottle of Marston’s pale ale that someone gave me, I wasn’t likely to drink it so decided to cook with it).
Old 20-10-2019, 06:14 PM

teesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Doing both today, shoulder of pork just out of the oven, after four hours at 140 degrees. While the oven was on I used it to cook some beef chuck in beer (a bottle of Marston’s pale ale that someone gave me, I wasn’t likely to drink it so decided to cook with it).
I’ve got pot roast brisket in Pinot noir and cite de boeuf. Usual beefy trimmings and a bloody lovely super Tuscan.
Old 20-10-2019, 06:22 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Quote:
Originally Posted by teesdale99 View Post
I’ve got pot roast brisket in Pinot noir and cite de boeuf. Usual beefy trimmings and a bloody lovely super Tuscan.
Sounds good to me.
Old 20-10-2019, 11:14 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
Quote:
Ahhh mate, all that good work chucked away.

If you're not prepared to drink it, how the bloody hell can you cook with it?
Old 26-10-2019, 09:45 PM

Awaits ‘that’s not a bloody roast’ etc etc

Have just seared off a 3.5kg piece of rolled brisket after dusting with flour, mustard powder and pepper. Then carrots, swede and onion with some garlic, rosemary and thyme. All into the slow cooker. Red wine, stock, Worcester sauce and tomato purée on top. Timer set for the cooker to go on at 5am. Will be serving with roasts, Yorkshire’s, parsnips, tender stem broccoli, carrot and swede mash and roast celeriac and the gravy from cooking.
Old 26-10-2019, 09:54 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Sounds bloody lovely and no snobbery here WP.

Few beers pre match down the ‘battle’. Back for the Palace along with a few more during. End of match said ‘roast’ along with a bottle of Rioja celebrating or commiserating. Read BBS...
Old 26-10-2019, 09:56 PM
a bit peckish

PIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Awaits ‘that’s not a bloody roast’ etc etc

Have just seared off a 3.5kg piece of rolled brisket after dusting with flour, mustard powder and pepper. Then carrots, swede and onion with some garlic, rosemary and thyme. All into the slow cooker. Red wine, stock, Worcester sauce and tomato purée on top. Timer set for the cooker to go on at 5am. Will be serving with roasts, Yorkshire’s, parsnips, tender stem broccoli, carrot and swede mash and roast celeriac and the gravy from cooking.
K'inn lovely
Old 28-10-2019, 06:30 PM

Got to say Brisket does make a fabulous Sunday dinner. Not a single scrap of anything left on any of the 10 plates.

Left overs just been chopped up and cooked with the left over gravy and whizzed up cooking pot veg, to make a cottage pie. Looking forward to that just as much as yesterday’s

Value wise just incredible. £18 for a 3.5kg piece. Served 10 plus 4 had seconds and then a cottage pie to serve 4