Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Other Sport Ľ World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 12-10-2019, 11:16 AM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by clockhouse View Post
Not taking anything away from what is a superhuman achievement but Iím pretty sure I could run just a tad quicker if I had a wedge of pacemakers strategically positioned just ahead of me specifically to reduce the drag........
Exactly. The 50m freestyle record in swimming is 20.91. Phelps said he could do it in 18 seconds if he swam behind jet skis.
Old 12-10-2019, 12:47 PM

cantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe85 View Post
Thatís absolutely insane. Itís a sprint on a treadmill for most people.

Superhuman effort.

Most gym treadmills have a maximum speed of 20kph - fantastic achievement!
Old 12-10-2019, 02:43 PM

greybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is here
To put it into context he ran a sub 15 minute 5k for the first 5km of the marathon. About 2 minutes faster than my local park runs course record. Then went on and did that 7 times over. Before finishing the last 2.1km at a sub 14 minute 5k speed.

Mind-blowing stats.

https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-katerina
Old 12-10-2019, 02:50 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF View Post
Exactly. The 50m freestyle record in swimming is 20.91. Phelps said he could do it in 18 seconds if he swam behind jet skis.
Why didn't he?

Why has no human ever done this before?

It's simply one of the greatest sporting achievements ever. Up there with bolt. Who is the only clean athlete in the 20 fastest 100m of all time.

Just be happy you're around at the same time as this.
Old 12-10-2019, 04:32 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Feeling inspired, I've just been out and knocked over 3mins off a 7.5km route compared to 3 weeks ago.

Kipchoge ran 6 times the distance at twice the speed
Old 12-10-2019, 04:38 PM
Make things happen

furzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Stat I saw earlier was that there have been over 53million parkruns recorded worldwide...only five were run at a faster pace than Kipchoges average from this morning.
Old 12-10-2019, 07:13 PM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
I've got a (very hilly I admit) three hour rogaine today - I'm hoping to get close to a half marathon distance.

Incredible performance, even allowing for the artifice.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 12-10-2019, 07:57 PM

Staines Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStaines Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStaines Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStaines Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStaines Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStaines Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStaines Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStaines Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStaines Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStaines Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStaines Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF View Post
It's not an official world record though as he received assistance with his pace throughout and was handed drinks and gels by a support car. So he cheated basically.
Tea spat!
Old 12-10-2019, 09:02 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by furzy85 View Post
Stat I saw earlier was that there have been over 53million parkruns recorded worldwide...only five were run at a faster pace than Kipchoges average from this morning.
Indeed two of them by Alex Yee. New GB (crystal palace Tri) triathlete, and each other by international 1500m or similar runners.

It's off the scale. Appreciate the person. It couldn't happen to anybody more humble.
Old 12-10-2019, 09:05 PM

ugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
was meant to do a PR today to see if the speed work i have been doing had worked...
unfortunately i have an arthritic knee that this year has been very sore( im hoping due to the weather) normally once ive warmed the knee up during my warm up ( ive recenly has to extend my warm up to make the knee less painful when i run) im ok to run...
recently my knee has been v sore and i had developed a way of running that had caused my leg to be very "stiff" in the hamstring area....
that has led to a minor hamstring niggle that i had during a speed session on tues; a visit to Lauren (at MYPT in st georges walk) my physio on weds assured me everything was ok but it still took until today for me to be ale to run without me feeling anything (or thinking i could feel anything!!)
im doing GSR and Tasha my coach is still confident that we have done enough training for me to do 90 mins at GSR....

The thoughts and opinions expressed here are MY OWN.....

#CRPS read this http://gettingtoknowmecrps.blogspot.co.uk/

to find out what #CRPS is
Old 12-10-2019, 10:20 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
I was out riding my bike earlier today, and for a stretch held my speed at 13 mph. Iím not sure I could maintain that for 2 hours on my bike let alone running. In fact Iím pretty sure at my absolute fittest some 50 years ago I could not run 100 yards in under 15 seconds. Amazing feat... as any marathon run under 3 hours is in my mind let alone 2.
Old 13-10-2019, 03:13 AM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughff View Post
I've got a (very hilly I admit) three hour rogaine today - I'm hoping to get close to a half marathon distance.

Incredible performance, even allowing for the artifice.
26.06 km in 2.41.59. Exactly half of those km were at least twice his slowest km! Shows how phenomenal he was.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 13-10-2019, 04:37 PM

cantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is here
2:14 bloody hell smashes Paulaís record
Old 13-10-2019, 05:16 PM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by clockhouse View Post
Not taking anything away from what is a superhuman achievement but Iím pretty sure I could run just a tad quicker if I had a wedge of pacemakers strategically positioned just ahead of me specifically to reduce the drag........
Heart pacemakers? ;-)

The party on the left, are now the party on the right.

Only people with their own hair, need to apply.

Hell is coming to breakfast.
Old 14-10-2019, 07:09 AM

immoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Kosgei's performance is arguably better than Kipchoge's but there's a lingering doubt over her head as she's represented by someone who has a lot of drug cheats under their umbrella.
Old 22-10-2019, 01:40 PM
100% behind SP

tasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is here
Nice to get out and do a Parkrun with tomario at the weekend. I just about managed to stay with him for the first 0.5 miles.... He finished in 16:30 or something ridiculous!
"And for the old, Brexit might well rid the country's care homes of Eastern European workers, but no blond blue eyed university graduate is going to come and wipe your arse or listen to your stories of the war you never fought in."

adrenalin john 17/05/19

https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showpost...&postcount=245
Old 22-10-2019, 08:21 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Did a tough park run on Saturday and another more gentle 5k Sunday. Will be having a gym induction early November, so can run indoors if weather is bad.

Feel on course for 10k end of November
Old 23-10-2019, 01:33 PM

che12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasty_snacks View Post
Nice to get out and do a Parkrun with tomario at the weekend. I just about managed to stay with him for the first 0.5 miles.... He finished in 16:30 or something ridiculous!
Bloody hell Tomario is on fire. My parkrun PB is something like 16.25 at Victoria Docks so I am very much in danger of losing my reputation as the fastest on here! Which is fair enough cos my form is pretty poor this last year and it's refreshing for someone else to take over the mantle
Old 23-10-2019, 07:15 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
I haven't run much since my half-marathon because it really did my hamstrings in. Turns out my calves aren't toned enough so that puts pressure on the hamstrings/backside/back.

Ideally I want to avoid the gym but does anyone have any tips on easy-ish ways to tone calves that are quite practical to do at home?

www.itsoktotalk.wordpress.com

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
Old 23-10-2019, 10:05 PM

Little Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
I haven't run much since my half-marathon because it really did my hamstrings in. Turns out my calves aren't toned enough so that puts pressure on the hamstrings/backside/back.

Ideally I want to avoid the gym but does anyone have any tips on easy-ish ways to tone calves that are quite practical to do at home?
I went to my physio with shin pains and he told me my calves weren't strong enough.

He told me to do 3 sets of 10 calf raises on each leg. Twice a day.

Also 3 sets of 10 glute bridges because my glutes weren't too strong either.

I did that and managed to come through my first half marathon, in manchester a couple of weeks ago, pain free.

FWL Honours:

Premiership: 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 18, 19, 20. Runners Up: 9, 13, 14, 15, 17.
FA Cup: 4, 17. Runners Up: 5, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 18.
Others: Champions League (x2), League Cup, WCC (bronze), Championship (x2), Charity Shield