Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 13-09-2019, 09:02 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
He's just posted on Twitter he's written his last story for the Guardian
Shame, not to diss the Atlantic, but the Graun stays free to read with no paywall which may or not work long time.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 18-09-2019, 03:33 PM
Tunbridge Wells Massive

Dobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Another great interview with Sean Scannell today, thanks Matt.
Old 18-09-2019, 03:53 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
From what I heard, Sean was too busy hanging around with his mates, dodging Tram fares, whilst on a Pro wage, cos that's what his mates did, etc. He was knocking about Addiscombe, and playing down at Goals. I remember him and Nathaniel Pinney shopping for themselves, and they were buying Frozen doner kebabs, etc. Claude Davies was the alpha to all the youngsters, Dougie struggled to manage / or cleverly managed them (who knows) - eating jerk chicken on the coach etc. and acting like they were on a school trip half the time.

Amazing looking back the character within that team to survive, with a complete lack of investment in the squad.

The saying 'you can take the boy out of Croydon', well as the article shows, with him you really couldn't. Shame really, a move away earlier out of his environment would probably have benefitted him. He was well in his comfort zone, and his career has panned out like it.
Old 18-09-2019, 04:15 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Was **** all to do with "what his mates did".

He had no-one inside, or outside of football looking after him properly.

He was having to get public transport to training and matches.
After training he was going back to sort his dad out.
He had friends and families, well and truly embedded in gang life.

A lot of the players, couldn't believe that he was the player he was with the upbringing he had.

The fact he somehow made himself a very respectable football career from his upbringing is nothing but credit to him.

MAYBE he could have been better than he eventually was, but he managed to do alright for hmself considering him upbringing.

Edited slightly.

Last edited by Tomo; 18-09-2019 at 05:38 PM.
Old 18-09-2019, 04:48 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Well said, Tom.
Old 18-09-2019, 04:54 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobbo View Post
Another great interview with Sean Scannell today, thanks Matt.
Thanks, much appreciated.

Considering his dad was a single parent and an alcoholic, I think he did incredibly well for himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post

A lot of the players, couldn't believe that he was the player he was with the upbringing he had.

The fact he somehow made himself a very respectable football career from his upbringing is nothing but credit to him.

MAYBE he could have been better than he eventually was, but he managed to do alright for hmself considering him upbringing.
Must spread rep etc etc

www.itsoktotalk.wordpress.com

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end

Last edited by Woosie; 18-09-2019 at 05:19 PM.
Old 18-09-2019, 05:59 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Just a slight change to my story.

When I say no inside of football looked after him, that’s wrong. A LOT of people at Palace stopped him falling into habits that would have been easy for him.
And once he was playing football, there were loads trying to take advantage of that.

Shame he never kicked on (and I was a critic of his), but he deserves all the plaudits and more for what he made of his career.
Old 18-09-2019, 08:50 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post

He had no-one inside, or outside of football looking after him properly.

Edited slightly.
I knew that'd get someone's back up. And I don't disagree with much of what you said. But he mixed with the wrong crowd. And I 100% agree he required a mentor within the club. Instead it was Claude Davies, who was very much look after number one. He was dodging fares well into his palace career. His brother and him have done well (former now runs a gym), but Sean was far more talented than that and a good kid (not in gangs) who could have done with a Mark Bright, or someone from within the club stepping in for him. And it would have benefited him no end.
Old 18-09-2019, 09:29 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Hes recently joined League One Blackpool, by the way.
Old 18-09-2019, 09:35 PM

What is your point? I can’t work out who you’re blaming.

I ended up correcting myself, but Davies was only at Palace for 2 seasons, which was the end of Seans time with us. By the time he was involved Sean was more than an established player.

He lacked guidance away from the club, yet despite all that has made a career out of it. I’m not sure how easy it is for a kid with only one parent, suffering from addiction, who has family/friends embedded in a different culture to what most on these forums will have been through.

Many in the club looked after him while he was here. I’d argue if they hadn’t then he certainly wouldn’t be where he is now.
Old 18-09-2019, 09:39 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Show some respect to Big Sexy Claude - his surname is "Davis".
Old 30-09-2019, 12:11 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Take the free trial. Don’t extend. Get sent a 75% off annual membership offer.

This works for Now TV as well if people use that facility.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 30-09-2019, 12:33 PM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle View Post
Hes recently joined League One Blackpool, by the way.
Playing with KaiKai
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 12-10-2019, 03:15 PM
Tunbridge Wells Massive

Dobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Double bubble for us Palace fans today. Dom F on our thrifty summer purchases and Woosie on Kelly.
Old 16-10-2019, 08:24 PM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Take the free trial. Dont extend. Get sent a 75% off annual membership offer.

This works for Now TV as well if people use that facility.
I started my month trial a few weeks ago and wasnt going to renew due to the fact there is just not enough content at the moment to make it worth while, I enjoy Woosie's articles and think they have all been great and I have found myself only really enjoying the interviews with ex players and former players outside of the Palace content and the majority of those are accessible via hundreds of podcasts and YouTube for free. If I get sent the 75% discount I might keep it to see if it progressess over the year but I've not been blown away by it so far.
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 16-10-2019, 09:12 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
I really like it. It's handy if you're sat waiting for something and can't stomach the depressing news. Obviously Woosie and Fifield's articles are the ones I'm really looking for, but I've starting reading the others a lot more now. They're all well written in comparison to a lot out there.

I don't know if it's just me, but I can't see a cricket or rugby option. Maybe it's just the app.
Old 17-10-2019, 01:12 PM

Rob W is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsRob W is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsRob W is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsRob W is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsRob W is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsRob W is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsRob W is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsRob W is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsRob W is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsRob W is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsRob W is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadows
Signed up just after Dom joined them using a discount deal. So far Im enjoying it so no regrets.
Old 17-10-2019, 01:50 PM

kestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrils View Post
I really like it. It's handy if you're sat waiting for something and can't stomach the depressing news. Obviously Woosie and Fifield's articles are the ones I'm really looking for, but I've starting reading the others a lot more now. They're all well written in comparison to a lot out there.

I don't know if it's just me, but I can't see a cricket or rugby option. Maybe it's just the app.
This. I signed up to read Woosie's pieces but now also find myself dipping into other articles and enjoying them too.
Old 29-10-2019, 11:08 AM

Chucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Has anyone actually been sent a 75% off offer? Best I've had is 50% so still holding out.
Old 10-11-2019, 05:32 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Fifield's saying progress is being made for at least three players from England and abroad for a centre forward and both full back positions.

Have to wonder whether Roy'll be a bit less defensive in midfield when he's more confident with those full backs.