Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES

Notices

Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES Away day travel and ticket/fixture details.

Old 17-10-2019, 09:21 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosTheFinger View Post
As this is becoming more and more like the Nugent thread...
Cheers Nugeyboys
Old 17-10-2019, 09:46 PM

Ryan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Another example of the greed league trying to eat itself. Obviously I’m sane enough to know it won’t happen, but in reality fans should organise a way of delaying the kick off to stop all this ridiculousness it can’t be long till we end up with 10 different kick off times across the league.
Old 18-10-2019, 07:32 AM
Send Us Victorious

Prince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
So once Liverpool's done and dusted on Nov 23rd, that's no Home Saturday league match for 7 weeks until Arsenal on 11th Jan (and even that's not 3pm!) There'll be a lot of reluctant Red and Blue dragged to the Whitgift, Glades or even Bluewater during this period. Pray for them.
Old 18-10-2019, 08:13 AM
A gift

CarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Phillip View Post
So once Liverpool's done and dusted on Nov 23rd, that's no Home Saturday league match for 7 weeks until Arsenal on 11th Jan (and even that's not 3pm!) There'll be a lot of reluctant Red and Blue dragged to the Whitgift, Glades or even Bluewater during this period. Pray for them.
Fair point. Depends on your preferred weekend routine. Personally I've never liked the Saturday 3pm kick-off time. To be fair, my circumstances are different to many in that I don't drink or go to games with anyone. Plus, after a calorie-controlled exercise-fuelled week, I operate a cheat day on Saturdays (aka Faturday) where I generally order a heart-attack in a cardboard box/brown bag at lunchtime and want to chill out watching Netflix in a satisfying food-coma afterwards. Having a fortnightly 3pm commitment at Selhurst gets in the way of that because I have to hold off my raging appetite for a few hours. If every game was a 12:30 kick off, I'd be delighted. Also, it would give others with more commitments in their lives time to go to Palace and do stuff afterwards in the day time. Not great for fans who aren't fortunate enough to reside in Thornton Heath like me though.

Last edited by CarlosTheFinger; 18-10-2019 at 10:13 AM.
Old 18-10-2019, 08:38 AM
Send Us Victorious

Prince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Fair point. Depends on your preferred weekend routine. Personally I've never liked the Saturday 3pm kick-off time. To be fair, my circumstances are different to many in that I don't drink or go to games with anyone. Plus, after a calorie-controlled exercise-fuelled week, I operate a cheat day on Saturdays (aka Faturday) where I generally order a heart-attack in a cardboard box/brown bag at lunchtime and want to chill out watching Netflix in a satisfying food-coma afterwards. Having a fortnightly 3pm commitment at Selhurst gets in the way of that because I have to hold off my raging appetite for a few hours. If every game was a 12:30 kick off, I'd be delighted. Also, it would give others with more commitments in their lives time to go to Palace and do stuff afterwards in the day time. Not great for fans who aren't fortunate enough to reside on Thornton Heath like me though.
Ahem, where's "Cheers, Fixturey-Boys?" You can't give it up, you know...
Old 18-10-2019, 10:14 AM
A gift

CarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Phillip View Post
Ahem, where's "Cheers, Fixturey-Boys?" You can't give it up, you know...
Quite right and I apologise unreservedly.

Cheers Monarchyboys,

Carlos
Old 18-10-2019, 12:25 PM

CJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertCPFC View Post
It's because of the new rights for midweek games and having multiple games broadcast at the same time. What surprises me is that Southampton is a 19:30 kick off despite not being on TV in the UK.
The Boxing Day, New Year and midweek fixtures are all part of packages where all the games will be televised by either Amazon or BT.

Not sure why the listings do not currently show all of these games as to be televised. Equally cannot see how bringing kick-offs forward to 7:30 helps as fans would still not be able to watch the whole of the later 8:15 game.

TV selections are complicated by the European fixture schedule but there does also seem to be a childish attitude between the TV companies of deliberately disrupting the options for each other so that Amazon for instance could not have Liverpool /Everton and Man Utd /Spurs on separate nights to maximise their audience.
Old 18-10-2019, 12:32 PM

Norwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
All, the opening post of the thread has now been updated - apologies for the delay, I was sorting out a promotion at work so have literally just done it in the first 2 minutes free of the day.

Anyway the next announcement will be for fixtures in February and should be announced "circa" Saturday 14th December

Here's Andy Johnson He's More Than Capable... Of Scoring
And He Very Nearly Did.....
And Neil Shipperley has!!!
Old 18-10-2019, 01:04 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwich_Eagle View Post

Anyway the next announcement will be for fixtures in February and should be announced "circa" Saturday 14th December
And will sort out which week is our 'winter break'

Re: the Amazon midweek games which have a mixture of 7.30 and 8.15 kick offs - they do it simply because they can.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 18-10-2019, 01:22 PM

Norwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
And will sort out which week is our 'winter break'

Re: the Amazon midweek games which have a mixture of 7.30 and 8.15 kick offs - they do it simply because they can.
The planning by them is absolutely garbage. They have just picked random f**king kick-off times to be different and innovative I suspect.

The fixtures on the 3rd and 4th why do they have two different kick-off times, why not just make them all the same? Given that the whole point is that a fan at home can pick and choose what match they want to watch? I hardly think a lot of fans are going to be bothered about watching the first half of Palace v. Bournemouth and then switching to watch the first half of Burnley v. Man. City in the grand scheme of things.

As for Boxing Day, I am sorry but, what absolute knuckle dragging fool decided it was a good idea to make Liverpool fans travel to Leicester for an 8pm Kick-Off - including time to get away from the stadium that is easily a 3 and a half journey back on a coach, fans won't be getting back to Anfield until long past 1am plus however long it takes them to actually get home after that.

Here's Andy Johnson He's More Than Capable... Of Scoring
And He Very Nearly Did.....
And Neil Shipperley has!!!
Old 18-10-2019, 01:47 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

As for Boxing Day, I am sorry but, what absolute knuckle dragging fool decided it was a good idea to make Liverpool fans travel to Leicester for an 8pm Kick-Off - including time to get away from the stadium that is easily a 3 and a half journey back on a coach, fans won't be getting back to Anfield until long past 1am plus however long it takes them to actually get home after that.
Yep, absolute garbage. On Boxing Day, there are numerous more 'local' games they could have chosen for the evening tv slot. Last season it was Watford v Chelsea at 19.30 for example.

Didn't study the tv picks at great length, but I noticed another ridiculous one, Man United away at Arsenal, at 8pm on 1st January. Loads of people will have had a (very) late night the day before, seeing the new year in, and the travelling away fans won't get home until what? 3am by coach or car? With the next day being a normal working day!

Fair enough there will always be some midweek night fixtures where the away fans have a long journey home through the night, but to do it on a Bank Holiday, when there were three other tv slots they could have used for that game (12.30, 3pm and 5.30pm) is just stupid.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 18-10-2019, 01:56 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
The planning by them is absolutely garbage. They have just picked random f**king kick-off times to be different and innovative I suspect.

The fixtures on the 3rd and 4th why do they have two different kick-off times, why not just make them all the same? Given that the whole point is that a fan at home can pick and choose what match they want to watch? I hardly think a lot of fans are going to be bothered about watching the first half of Palace v. Bournemouth and then switching to watch the first half of Burnley v. Man. City in the grand scheme of things.

Longer if some scrote nicks the wheels off their coach......
Old 18-10-2019, 01:57 PM

Mr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
Yep, absolute garbage. On Boxing Day, there are numerous more 'local' games they could have chosen for the evening tv slot. Last season it was Watford v Chelsea at 19.30 for example.

Didn't study the tv picks at great length, but I noticed another ridiculous one, Man United away at Arsenal, at 8pm on 1st January. Loads of people will have had a (very) late night the day before, seeing the new year in, and the travelling away fans won't get home until what? 3am by coach or car? With the next day being a normal working day!

Fair enough there will always be some midweek night fixtures where the away fans have a long journey home through the night, but to do it on a Bank Holiday, when there were three other tv slots they could have used for that game (12.30, 3pm and 5.30pm) is just stupid.
I completely agree that some games are ridiculously late for away fans. However, for Man Utd fans, getting back from Arsenal to Surrey isn’t that far a journey...
Old 18-10-2019, 01:58 PM

RobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ PLUM View Post
The Boxing Day, New Year and midweek fixtures are all part of packages where all the games will be televised by either Amazon or BT.

Not sure why the listings do not currently show all of these games as to be televised. Equally cannot see how bringing kick-offs forward to 7:30 helps as fans would still not be able to watch the whole of the later 8:15 game.

TV selections are complicated by the European fixture schedule but there does also seem to be a childish attitude between the TV companies of deliberately disrupting the options for each other so that Amazon for instance could not have Liverpool /Everton and Man Utd /Spurs on separate nights to maximise their audience.
Originally the plan was to broadcast every midweek game but when the Midweek/Bank Holiday packages didn't originally sell it was changed and five of BTs games could be shown on the split weekend in early Feburary instead of midweek. That does mean the Everton game will almost certainly be on TV.
Old 18-10-2019, 06:36 PM

Paulinmorden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulinmorden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulinmorden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulinmorden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulinmorden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulinmorden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulinmorden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulinmorden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulinmorden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulinmorden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulinmorden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
My shifts are usually allocated about 4 or 5 weeks in advance but for various Brexit related reasons they've already done the week before xmas. I normally work Monday night so thought I would have to miss Brighton. Imagine my smile when I found out today that the monday and tuesday I wanted as leave the previous week had been submitted with the wrong days - the week of the Brighton game ��
Old 18-10-2019, 06:48 PM

bhb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Quite right and I apologise unreservedly.

Cheers Monarchyboys,

Carlos
Very glad that’s been sorted out!
Old 18-10-2019, 06:49 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
There are a few things as reassuring as a Carlos sign off
Old 18-10-2019, 07:26 PM

bhb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76 View Post
There are a few things as reassuring as a Carlos sign off
Kick off times can change, I don’t care too much, but, as you say, a proper Carlos sign off, and all is fine.
Old 18-10-2019, 08:45 PM
Inventor of Jack Shit

Ian Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcpfc View Post
19:30 pm kick offs will be a nightmare for anyone who is working, always the reason why we had 20:00pm.
You mean actual football fans who want to go along to the stadium shaped thingy and watch the real football match?

What on earth have they got to do with it!
Old 19-10-2019, 08:16 AM

IanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp1Eagle View Post
Crystal Palace v Bournemouth, Selhurst Park, will now be played on Tuesday 3rd December at 19:30. Live on Amazon Prime.

Live on Amazon Prime!