Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 15-10-2019, 11:03 AM

Panther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Yes I think I may have read that. Italy ?

Was the author also featured in a Rick Stein episode on his Mediterranean series ?
As Maidstoned says, it was Spain and Iím sure the author (Chris Stewart?) did feature in one of Rick Steinís jaunts. Heís also written 3 or 4 other books in similar vein.
Old 15-10-2019, 11:12 AM

Eagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is here
I've got 2 on the go. Finding very little time to read both.

The Quark and the Jaguar
The Brothers Karazamov
Old 15-10-2019, 11:24 AM
moist

chelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
As Maidstoned says, it was Spain and Iím sure the author (Chris Stewart?) did feature in one of Rick Steinís jaunts. Heís also written 3 or 4 other books in similar vein.
I was trying to remember why I knew about the book! thanks.
Old 15-10-2019, 04:31 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
He was also the original Genesis drummer.
Old 16-10-2019, 05:40 AM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillo View Post
He was also the original Genesis drummer.
Nobody's perfect.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 16-10-2019, 05:51 AM
Lifeís too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Spain, Andalucia.
Yes of course. Should have guessed !

Donít think I have read it then, must have just been the Rick Stein episode that I remember.

More of a spring / summer read I think so will order and put it away for holidays next year
Old 16-10-2019, 09:47 AM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Yes of course. Should have guessed !

Donít think I have read it then, must have just been the Rick Stein episode that I remember.

More of a spring / summer read I think so will order and put it away for holidays next year
Have a go at this as well, hilarious in parts...especially his chapter on taking part in a "caŮada".

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Old 16-10-2019, 10:19 AM

Dave McGregor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDave McGregor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDave McGregor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDave McGregor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDave McGregor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDave McGregor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDave McGregor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDave McGregor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDave McGregor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDave McGregor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDave McGregor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Mad blood stirring by Simon Mayo.
Old 18-10-2019, 06:42 AM
moist

chelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
Shadow of the Wind is great, I lived down there in the old bowels of Barcelona in the mid 80s so it had particular resonance. His subsequent books get progressively worse.

The Barker trilogy is excellent, but dark, January 5pm dark
I finished The Regeneration Trilogy earlier in the week. You are right, excellent but dark as ****. I will definitely look at reading some of her other work.

After such an intense book I have gone chic lit and am reading Normal People by Sally Rooney.
Old 18-10-2019, 04:17 PM
SC's wet dream

Reading Cujo, which is one of the early King books I havent read, for some reason. Then I have downloaded the Mortdecai trilogy on recommendation from Selhurst and CK. If they're crap...they will get hurt.

Old 18-10-2019, 05:12 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Reading Cujo, which is one of the early King books I havent read, for some reason. Then I have downloaded the Mortdecai trilogy on recommendation from Selhurst and CK. If they're crap...they will get hurt.
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Old 18-10-2019, 07:32 PM
SC's wet dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!
CK fears the comfortable chair.

Old 19-10-2019, 05:43 AM
Lifeís too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Have a go at this as well, hilarious in parts...especially his chapter on taking part in a "caŮada".

To view the link you have to Register or Login
I will, thanks
Old 19-10-2019, 03:17 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
IQ84 Murakami

Excellent as always.
Old 19-10-2019, 11:02 PM
I'm just cheese

davemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is here
No Country for Old Men is excellent
Old 21-10-2019, 07:42 AM

CK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
CK fears the comfortable chair.
Correct grammar please. It's Comfy Chair
Old 22-10-2019, 11:56 AM

Icy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is here
The Plotters - Kim Um Su. Quirky Murakami / Tarantino crossover style Korean thriller. Read more like a film than a book but recommended if you want something a bit different.

The Gallows Pole - Benjamin Myers. Account of 18th century Yorkshire coiners. Best book I've read this year.
Old 22-10-2019, 12:01 PM
moist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
The Plotters - Kim Um Su. Quirky Murakami / Tarantino crossover style Korean thriller. Read more like a film than a book but recommended if you want something a bit different.

The Gallows Pole - Benjamin Myers. Account of 18th century Yorkshire coiners. Best book I've read this year.
I have added this to my very long to read list. It sounds fascinating, exactly the sort of thing I love. Thanks.
Old 22-10-2019, 12:10 PM
legit

foetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post

I read Pig Iron by him a few years back. It would make a good Shane Meadows film.
Old 22-10-2019, 12:29 PM

Icy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelmsfordeagle View Post
I have added this to my very long to read list. It sounds fascinating, exactly the sort of thing I love. Thanks.
You wont be disappointed, particularly if you're interested in the historical aspects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foetus eagle View Post
I read Pig Iron by him a few years back. It would make a good Shane Meadows film.
Thanks, will check that one out as well. Loved the bleak folk style so hopefully that's the same sort of feel.