Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 04-10-2005, 09:51 AM
Old? More a little used

baroli is looking rather foxy todaybaroli is looking rather foxy todaybaroli is looking rather foxy todaybaroli is looking rather foxy todaybaroli is looking rather foxy todaybaroli is looking rather foxy todaybaroli is looking rather foxy todaybaroli is looking rather foxy todaybaroli is looking rather foxy todaybaroli is looking rather foxy todaybaroli is looking rather foxy today
Quote:
Originally posted by Psychokiller
Jealous? Of what exactly? The fact that these dead people are getting obituaries?
Jealous of the fame and adoration directed towards people for whom you hold no personal regard. Jealous of the fact that Diana, who was of average intelligence and reasonable looks managed to become so famous, respected, liked, loved and adored. Jealous that someone can be liked without attempting to be outrageous, can achieve things through wealth that you cannot. Jealous perhaps even of social status.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:52 AM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Al From Bromley
I'm sorry PK but you do come across as a bit of an oddball on subjects like this. I am not grieving for RBV, merely acknowledging his passing with respect and a touch of sadness at remembering how for many years he graced the screens of our televisions and brought us so much laughter. Maybe it's just a sign of getting old when these people pop off but there really is no need for your ridiculous posts about relevance to this site. What relevance do a lot of your vitriolic outbursts have to a site about CPFC, yet we still put up with them and their regular monotony. You sem angry with yourself for some reason. Don't know why, but that's how you come across. Ill at ease and needing to p[ick a target to have a go at to divert your inner anger. Am I right?
No, I just don't see the point of those threads, especially when it's expected of you only to say good things about the person!
Old 04-10-2005, 09:53 AM
TEB & FYP Editor

jazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
What gives you the right to say it's disrespectful? It's MY death I'm talking about and when the time comes I'll have it commemorated however I b@stard well please!
I just thought it was wrong to bring 'Del-boy' into the equation when he will be someone mourning the death of a legend unlike some people. What makes you think he would want to write some notes about you anyway? I guess he doesn't know you so why would he?
Old 04-10-2005, 09:54 AM
A rare visitor

Al From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is here
I think its far simpler than that Baroli. I honestly believe that PK is unhappy with himself for some reason. That's how it comes across to me. Classisc symptoms like the lashing out at authority and the royal family and people grieving. I honestly don't think he likes himself very much. Still this a webstie about Palace! Come on you Eagles!
Old 04-10-2005, 09:54 AM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by baroli
Jealous of the fame and adoration directed towards people for whom you hold no personal regard. Jealous of the fact that Diana, who was of average intelligence and reasonable looks managed to become so famous, respected, liked, loved and adored. Jealous that someone can be liked without attempting to be outrageous, can achieve things through wealth that you cannot. Jealous perhaps even of social status.
First of all, Diana was a psychotic clothes horse who used the sick and the needy in order to score points off her husband, whom she only married in order to become famous and be in magazines. Those tossers who lined the streets when she died did it merely so other people could see them doing it. I would wager that most of them would not react in such an extreme way if a member of their own family died.

Secondly, you are presuming that I am not well off, which is where you lose the arguement as you know f-ck all about me. Goodbye.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:55 AM
Let it Be

Riccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
JAT = Just a thought ?

JAT.
thoughtful & kind..

The Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
No, I just don't see the point of those threads, especially when it's expected of you only to say good things about the person!
Why did you contribute to the RB thread? In your words, "I liked Porridge."
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Quote:
Originally posted by jazman
I just thought it was wrong to bring 'Del-boy' into the equation when he will be someone mourning the death of a legend unlike some people. What makes you think he would want to write some notes about you anyway? I guess he doesn't know you so why would he?
Oh Christ on a bike! We're not talking about David Jason you know!
Old 04-10-2005, 09:56 AM
SHUT IT SLAG

Location: We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner
Jack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Oh and Jack, don'tr jump on PK's bandwagon. You make many a good point on here but the one about RB isnt one of your finer hours. JAT.
Mourning the passing of complete and utter strangers is actually an old hobby horse of mine Al, if anything PK jumped onto MY bandwagon.

I'm not out to offend anyone (really), I'm just probing what driving forces are out there that make someone follow this sequence:

1. Hear on the news the death of someone likeable and famous

2. Feel sad

3. post up a load of inane drivel on the BBS

Personally, I follow steps 1 and 2 but stop at 3
The president of the Commission Mr. Delors said at press conference the other day that he wanted the European Parliament to be the democratic body of the community, he wanted the Commission to be the Executive and he wanted the Council of Ministers to be the Senate.

No. No. No.

Margaret Thatcher
Speech in Houses of Parliament
30th October 1990
A rare visitor

Al From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is here
Someone once said 'when you have nothing to say, say nothing'. I think with tricky personal subjects like death and grief that is particularly true.
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Quote:
Originally posted by The Misfit
Why did you contribute to the RB thread? In your words, "I liked Porridge."
Because that's all I have to say. I'm not going to offer condolences that will never be received. Nor did I know what Barker was like in real life so I'm not going ot mourn him!
thoughtful & kind..

The Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Riccardo
JAT = Just a thought ?

JAT.
Thank you.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:57 AM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Quote:
Someone once said 'when you have nothing to say, say nothing'. I think with tricky personal subjects like death and grief that is particularly true.
I once said "I'll say what the f-ck I like". I stand by that comment to this day.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:57 AM
Old? More a little used

baroli is looking rather foxy todaybaroli is looking rather foxy todaybaroli is looking rather foxy todaybaroli is looking rather foxy todaybaroli is looking rather foxy todaybaroli is looking rather foxy todaybaroli is looking rather foxy todaybaroli is looking rather foxy todaybaroli is looking rather foxy todaybaroli is looking rather foxy todaybaroli is looking rather foxy today
Quote:

Secondly, you are presuming that I am not well off, which is where you lose the arguement as you know f-ck all about me. Goodbye.
Raw nerve?

Ogh pidster your inbox is full
Old 04-10-2005, 09:59 AM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Quote:
Raw nerve?

No, but if you're going to make assumptions about me I'm wasting my time talking to you.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:59 AM
TEB & FYP Editor

jazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
This is where I leave this thread and the idiotic views of the minority
Old 04-10-2005, 10:00 AM
A rare visitor

I dont se the harm in respectfully acknowledging RB's demise on here as doing any harm. When I opened the BBS this morning the first headline I saw was Ronnie Barker dies and my immediate reraction, out loud was "what"? followed by a moment of sadness remembering all the joy and laughter he brought to millions of people over decades. That's why its different to Mavis whateverhername is. RB dying is another sign that none of us is getting any younger and a reminder that certain parts of our lives have run their course. That is why I and many others have respectfully acknowledged his passing on here.
Old 04-10-2005, 10:04 AM

Kentish_Mick is starting to shape upKentish_Mick is starting to shape up
Quote:
First of all, Diana was a psychotic clothes horse who used the sick and the needy in order to score points off her husband, whom she only married in order to become famous and be in magazines. Those tossers who lined the streets when she died did it merely so other people could see them doing it. I would wager that most of them would not react in such an extreme way if a member of their own family died.

Bloody hell, I think you need some therapy..... or a hug
Old 04-10-2005, 10:05 AM
SHUT IT SLAG

Location: We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner
Jack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I dont se the harm in respectfully acknowledging RB's demise on here as doing any harm. When I opened the BBS this morning the first headline I saw was Ronnie Barker dies and my immediate reraction, out loud was "what"? followed by a moment of sadness remembering all the joy and laughter he brought to millions of people over decades. That's why its different to Mavis whateverhername is. RB dying is another sign that none of us is getting any younger and a reminder that certain parts of our lives have run their course. That is why I and many others have respectfully acknowledged his passing on here.
No 'harm' at all has been done Al.

I felt exactly the same as you when I heard the news. Sadness.

But I didn't feel the need to boot up my PC, launch broadband, open Internet Explorer, open the BBS, and post up a load of inane drivel.
The president of the Commission Mr. Delors said at press conference the other day that he wanted the European Parliament to be the democratic body of the community, he wanted the Commission to be the Executive and he wanted the Council of Ministers to be the Senate.

No. No. No.

Margaret Thatcher
Speech in Houses of Parliament
30th October 1990
Old 04-10-2005, 10:05 AM
CANDUB

Pidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is here
Quote:

Ogh pidster your inbox is full

Sorted.

FWIW I agree with a lot PK says about Diana.... although I probably wouldn't express it quite so spikily.