Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 04-10-2005, 10:06 AM
thoughtful & kind..

The Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Psychokiller
Because that's all I have to say. I'm not going to offer condolences that will never be received. Nor did I know what Barker was like in real life so I'm not going ot mourn him!
But you were aknowledging the validity of the thread by contributing to it.
Old 04-10-2005, 10:08 AM
A rare visitor

Al From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is here
I am not sure the majority of people posted inane drivel Jack. UNless 'sad news indeed" or "RIP" is inane drivel. i see it as just being respectful. I too agree that the furore and outpouring over Diana was way way over the top, but RB was a much loved funny man who brightened up the homes of millions of people during the sixties seventies and eighties, and for that he will always be remembered with affection and sadness (that was the attempt at inane drivel by the way)
Old 04-10-2005, 10:08 AM

Gooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Jack Regan

But I didn't feel the need to boot up my PC, launch broadband, open Internet Explorer, open the BBS, and post up a load of inane drivel.
But you did so nevertheless?

I think it singularly appropriate that the nom de plume selected for this charmless thread was Prat(t).
Old 04-10-2005, 10:13 AM
Soaring

Regal Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRegal Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRegal Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRegal Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRegal Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRegal Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRegal Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRegal Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRegal Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRegal Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRegal Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
No, but if you're going to make assumptions about me I'm wasting my time talking to you.
Not that pk makes assumptions about anyone else, of course.

Incidentally whilst I don't agree with the emotional outpourings that greeted Diana's death, to show respect to a passing funeral is purely a sign of courtesy. Not much of that around today.

As for Ronnie Barker...just a feeling of sadness that a pretty good (in my opinion) comedian has gone.

Different people express a loss in different ways. Thankfully we are not all the same....especially the same as pk.
Old 04-10-2005, 10:15 AM
Captain Fun.

Benzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Jack Regan
I've never quite understood why certain people feel the overwhelming need to publicly mourn the passing of a complete and utter stranger on a website devoted to Crystal Palace Football Club.
Why do you bother posting in General Chit Chat at all then? Stick to the Palace forums if that's all you're interested in. Problem easily solved and lack of understanding bypassed.

http://youtu.be/Jviw33M56UI
Old 04-10-2005, 10:20 AM
SHUT IT SLAG

Location: We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner
Jack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Gooders
But you did so nevertheless?

I think it singularly appropriate that the nom de plume selected for this charmless thread was Prat(t).
One mans eulogy is another mans inane drivel.

No offence to Al from Bromley, but his tribute to Ronnie Barker makes him sound like a right showbiz old fruit! Brucie himself couldn’t have put it better.

Charmless thread this might be, but the fact it was started by Psychokiller must’ve given you a slight hint of the likely irreverence to come?
The president of the Commission Mr. Delors said at press conference the other day that he wanted the European Parliament to be the democratic body of the community, he wanted the Commission to be the Executive and he wanted the Council of Ministers to be the Senate.

No. No. No.

Margaret Thatcher
Speech in Houses of Parliament
30th October 1990
Old 04-10-2005, 10:22 AM

Gooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Indeed.

But you must see the irony in the pair of you taking the time and trouble to start and contribute to a meaningless thread that takes the piss out of people posting on another, in your view, meaningless thread.
Old 04-10-2005, 10:23 AM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
PK and Jack Regan spend time on the BBS, chatting via text to people the majority of whom they have never met, and yet they have an issue with people mourning someone who was seen by millions of people and entertained millions of people.
Old 04-10-2005, 10:25 AM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Regal Eagle

Incidentally whilst I don't agree with the emotional outpourings that greeted Diana's death, to show respect to a passing funeral is purely a sign of courtesy. Not much of that around today.
I never said it wasn't.
Old 04-10-2005, 10:26 AM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is here
Quote:
Indeed.

But you must see the irony in the pair of you taking the time and trouble to start and contribute to a meaningless thread that takes the piss out of people posting on another, in your view, meaningless thread.
Ever heard of satire?
Old 04-10-2005, 10:26 AM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Quote:
Originally posted by Benzhiyi
Why do you bother posting in General Chit Chat at all then? Stick to the Palace forums if that's all you're interested in. Problem easily solved and lack of understanding bypassed.
Oh, the mods have got involved now. I suppose this thread will disappear soon....
Old 04-10-2005, 10:27 AM

Yep.

Are you planning to do some?
Old 04-10-2005, 10:36 AM
Turning Against This Land

Newts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
First of all, Diana was a psychotic clothes horse who used the sick and the needy in order to score points off her husband, whom she only married in order to become famous and be in magazines. Those tossers who lined the streets when she died did it merely so other people could see them doing it. I would wager that most of them would not react in such an extreme way if a member of their own family died.

Secondly, you are presuming that I am not well off, which is where you lose the arguement as you know f-ck all about me. Goodbye.
Couple of questions on the above post:

1) How do you know Diana was Psychotic?
2) How do you know she used the sick and the needy to score points off her husband?
3) How do you know she got married to become famous and be in magazines?

This thread is about feeling sorry for someone you dont know, but you seem to know a hell of a lot about Diana, so you either knew her or were maybe getting shagged up the arse by Paul Burrell with him whispering these things in your ear?

I personally dont go with the whole public grieving, and crying for someone you dont know. However people lining the streets for Diana's funeral (without the crying and sobbing) to me is more about respect rather than grief, so I see nothing wrong with that at all.
Old 04-10-2005, 10:39 AM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Quote:
Originally posted by Newts G
Couple of questions on the above post:

1) How do you know Diana was Psychotic?
2) How do you know she used the sick and the needy to score points off her husband?
3) How do you know she got married to become famous and be in magazines?

This thread is about feeling sorry for someone you dont know, but you seem to know a hell of a lot about Diana, so you either knew her or were maybe getting shagged up the arse by Paul Burrell with him whispering these things in your ear?

I personally dont go with the whole public grieving, and crying for someone you dont know. However people lining the streets for Diana's funeral (without the crying and sobbing) to me is more about respect rather than grief, so I see nothing wrong with that at all.

Oooh, hit a nerve have I? Did you used to wank over pictures of the psychotic c-nt when your wife was out?
Old 04-10-2005, 10:40 AM
thoughtful & kind..

The Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Indeed.

But you must see the irony in the pair of you taking the time and trouble to start and contribute to a meaningless thread that takes the piss out of people posting on another, in your view, meaningless thread...
...on which PK had himself posted! Satire indeed.
Old 04-10-2005, 10:42 AM
Turning Against This Land

Newts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Oooh, hit a nerve have I? Did you used to wank over pictures of the psychotic c-nt when your wife was out?
So rather than answer the questions you attack me? You use the word psychotic again and I would really like to know why you do so?

The sick and needy never seemed to complain to much for the fund raising she did for them, would you not agree?
Old 04-10-2005, 10:43 AM
Old? More a little used

baroli is looking rather foxy todaybaroli is looking rather foxy todaybaroli is looking rather foxy todaybaroli is looking rather foxy todaybaroli is looking rather foxy todaybaroli is looking rather foxy todaybaroli is looking rather foxy todaybaroli is looking rather foxy todaybaroli is looking rather foxy todaybaroli is looking rather foxy todaybaroli is looking rather foxy today
Quote:
Originally posted by Pidster
Sorted.

FWIW I agree with a lot PK says about Diana.... although I probably wouldn't express it quite so spikily.
But again it is based on assumptions and therefore inadmissible, so you cannot speak to him about it either.
Old 04-10-2005, 10:44 AM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Quote:
Originally posted by Newts G
So rather than answer the questions you attack me? You use the word psychotic again and I would really like to know why you do so?

The sick and needy never seemed to complain to much for the fund raising she did for them, would you not agree?
You started the attack with your Paul Burrell comment, or is that a mental vision that you wank over on a semi regular basis?
Old 04-10-2005, 10:45 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
I wonder what would the reaction be like if coppell suddenly pegged it.....how many of us actually know him? Jack Reagan and PK would have to make the same comments as they do about Ronnie Barker if they were to be consistent here.
Old 04-10-2005, 10:46 AM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Quote:
Originally posted by Golf Boy
I wonder what would the reaction be like if coppell suddenly pegged it.....how many of us actually know him? Jack Reagan and PK would have to make the same comments as they do about Ronnie Barker if they were to be consistent here.
No, this is a Crystal Palace board, and I can't speak for Jack but I met the great man on a number of occasions.