Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 05-11-2007, 10:36 PM

Dallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Quote:
Originally posted by James
Anyone interested in taking a BBS table for the SJC Old Boys' reunion next year?

Last year we had Neil Ruddock as the guest speaker and it was worth the price just to watch some of the older monks squirm as he told some of his ruder anecdotes.

The best bit was when one of my contemporaries stood up at the end and proposed a toast to all those who had been buggered by Brother S****** in the 1960's.
So funny!!!!!!!!

Put me down - some one should take a web cam with them - and then I can turn up via internet

Paul

Last edited by Dallas Eagles; 06-11-2007 at 12:57 AM.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:50 PM

cantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is here
I left in 1982

I certainly remember Di Harris.

Era of Brothers Gerrard. James, Austin David ( the head aka God, no flares and hair above the colar dictats). with a PE Teacher named Doyle probably the most notorious teacher outside the clan of brothers
Old 05-11-2007, 10:53 PM

Dallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDallas Eagles was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Just did a google earth of the 196 bus route - it was westwood school for girls - on spurgeon road.
This was back in 1986 - not sure if the school still exists
They also always got on the 196 bus

Also did anyone go to St Chad's Church? in South Norwood. I was in the Choir back in those days - proud it of - when Pope John Paul II came over we did 2 events - one was Wembley - had a News camera shoved in my face - bit hard to sing with that red light 1 foot from your face.

Paul

Paul
Old 05-11-2007, 10:55 PM

Back in 1981-86 there was a french teacher - can not remember his name - but you did not want to mess with him!

Paul
Old 05-11-2007, 10:56 PM

cantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Dallas Eagles
Back in 1981-86 there was a french teacher - can not remember his name - but you did not want to mess with him!

Paul
Brother or not?
Old 05-11-2007, 10:58 PM

Location: I'm only putting something in this field in order to create more space in the line below for my 'rep'
Mal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Pissed teachers, perv teachers, lazy useless teachers. Sounds like many other so-called good schools in the 60s and 70s. But the good news is that most of us survived.

But St Joeseph's must have done some good, judging by the number of BBS 'A' listers it produced

I almost wish I'd gone to this school just so that I could attend the BBS table at the reunion.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:00 PM

Duleep is another old boy and was in the same year as me.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:02 PM

didn't girls from coloma school for girls as attend St Joe's in the 6th year & upper 6th - this started to happen as I left.
I then went to Croydon College in 86-86

oh those were the days.
Also I got a friday/saturday job at Safeways - worked in the deli at norwood junction - love chesse/swedish meetballs LOL no pun intented
Old 05-11-2007, 11:03 PM

One good Palace story was during the Cup Run of 76. The semi final draw was announced by Brother Thomas over the tannoy system to huge cheers.

If it wasn't for St Jospeh's I doubt whether I would be a Palace fan as there was no history of support within the familiy.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:07 PM

Quote:
didn't girls from coloma school for girls as attend St Joe's in the 6th year & upper 6th - this started to happen as I left.
I then went to Croydon College in 86-86

oh those were the days.
They did.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:22 PM

ClaphamChris is gonna plan a new trendClaphamChris is gonna plan a new trendClaphamChris is gonna plan a new trendClaphamChris is gonna plan a new trendClaphamChris is gonna plan a new trendClaphamChris is gonna plan a new trendClaphamChris is gonna plan a new trendClaphamChris is gonna plan a new trendClaphamChris is gonna plan a new trendClaphamChris is gonna plan a new trendClaphamChris is gonna plan a new trend
Quote:

Paul
Pat Webster is, I'm sure, who you're thinking of.

Certainly agree with what you're saying, but I heard - and stress I don't know how reliable this is – but he lost it quite badly after, sort of 90-92 and had terrible problems. Certainly became a shell of the disciplinarian he was and word was that his mental health suffered,

Shame, cos although you didn't wanna mess with him, he was fundamentally fair, which is more than can be said of many there.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:52 PM

Thank Chris - I do agree with ya comments. He was a strong teacher.
Although looking back now - I laugh when I think of the room where he taught - the headphones, consolse etc - they were ahead of their times I think. I still totally fluncked my french exam LOL

As for Brother Thomas - he was still there in 81-86 - I remember him having to storm into ourclass as a lot of kids were picking on the temp teacher Mr Lamb (so funny) - he kicked Mr Lamb out - and then picked on the smallest kid and forced him to finger press againt the chalk blackboard - (think of it as a bit of doing press ups but vertical)
Lot of people complained about that. Think someone got a chalk duster thrown at them. Think Bro Thomas got suspened for a few weeks for that.

Also - there was that kid that burnt down a section of the school - he was depressed etc.
Paul
Old 06-11-2007, 12:02 AM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Chocky
I was there 70-74 when it was a proper Catholic bigotted bastard of a place. I was not allowed to continue there because of my family's non Catholic faith (Jock proddies) so I had to piss off, then a few years later the school is overrun with dark big lipped hoodies who terrorised people at the bus stops until the headmaster would come out a give them a jolly telling orf, and muslim pakistanis.

Fck the place but RIP Jonah, a good Welshman who simply loved to belittle children because they didn't learn their catechisms from a book that had to be bought by the parents. I never ever got a blue or white 'testimonial' though. And Mrs Mustoe, with her mini skirts was the first woman I ever fancied, I was 8 and in the Lower First. She gave me detention once just before lunch I had been talking in class, she told me to stay behind after, the bitch buggered off to the lunch hall and forgot about me, first time I was ever stood up.

I may well have been the first child to piss in his satchel as well, a year later in the Upper First, during end of the day's prayers.

I remember a few kids being foreigners of Catholic faith names like:
Mark Wispianski - Polish
Laurence De Vaz
Julio Montavo - Bolivian
Derek Royce - who I thought was the first black kid ever to enter England, he went back to Jamaica apparently
Steven Sebastianelli & Giovani Percivalde - Italian

Then there was Graham Green - shot his friend's family then shot himself in Selsdon

British Bulldog fights down the bottom of the yard

Mr Bonnard swimming teacher, Mr Wire, gym instructor. Brother Charles, chess playing big red nosed alchy. And James knows all about Brother Solomon, he's just had the stitches out after all these years

I was only a wee boy but it turned me off religion for good, evil feckin hypocritical scummers.
Waves of memories have just come flooding back
Old 06-11-2007, 12:06 AM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Cucking Funt
I, too, was polluted by this excuse for an educational establishment. Was there 73-78 and, I have to say, I'm shocked no-one has mentioned the monster that was Bro. James.

Anyone mention the name Dermot Riordan and I deny all knowledge.
Brother James, Mr Delaney, how did we ever survive and prosper?

Seriously, I did enjoy some of my time there.

BBS table at the reunion sounds a good idea, James.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:07 AM
Lead Worshipper

Quote:
Originally posted by Mal Adjusted
I almost wish I'd gone to this school just so that I could attend the BBS table at the reunion.
Dream on, Mal
Old 06-11-2007, 01:02 AM

and the cross country run was crazy!!! - I used to be good at that!!!
but then I found out people where hanging back, jumping on a bus or short cut - and then going to the chip shop - hang out for an hour, and then still turning up about the end of the hour.

Paul
Old 06-11-2007, 02:18 AM
ár lá

Chocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is here
I went to quite a few old boys' dinners, the last time was when Norman Whiteside was the speaker, his cousin was with me so I ended up going on the piss with him afterwards in Joe Bananas or whatever it was called at the time, about 7 years ago. I used to sit on the O'Donohoe's cricketers table but I had eff all to do with the old boys cricket team apart from the drinking bit.

Stopped paying my yearly subs to chunt's dad a long time ago

Who opened their lunch?
Old 06-11-2007, 02:28 AM
ár lá

Chocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by nickmurphy30
I went there. Left in '79 ish.

Most famous old boy is Roddy McDowell aka Galen from Planet of the Apes
Roy Hudd also went there, he used to turn up at every friggin School Fate.

I had a classmate called Nicholas Murphy who puked in Remove in 1974. He leant over, chundered on the floor then put his hand up to Jonah and said "Sir, I think I've just been sick"....was that you?

Who opened their lunch?
Old 06-11-2007, 02:37 AM
ár lá

Quote:
Originally posted by Mal Adjusted
No gayers were allowed in. Just psychopaths who ended up murdering entire families.

Whenever someone mentions decimalisation to me I always remember the day it was introduced, I had a tiny bag of shiney coppers and a couple of 5p pieces and a 10p, some halfpence pieces but no 50p, my parents gave me about 25p in brand new coins and I remember spending some of them in the tuck shop on a packet of Smiths salt n' vinegar crisps (proper blue bags in those days none of this green bag rubbish, they were cheese n' onion), and a traffic light lolly.

I also remember there were full size snooker tables in the room next to the tuck shop.

Who opened their lunch?
Old 06-11-2007, 04:02 AM

anyone remember the debit/credit system they put in place in 1983-ish

I remeber a kid getting 20 debits - he then had to do 1,000 lines - so he used a bbc computer and printed them out - so funny!

Oh and the snack room - think about it.. IT LOOKED like an American BAR!

Table tennis using the pool tables!!!

5th/6throom common room- the pingball machine - think mytwin broke the high score on it.

Also whenever I read a discworld (Terry P) book - I always think of the St Joe's libary whenever they mention the libary.

Paul