Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 09-11-2007, 12:51 PM

Duleep comes from Venezuela and drinks in the Jolly SailorDuleep comes from Venezuela and drinks in the Jolly SailorDuleep comes from Venezuela and drinks in the Jolly SailorDuleep comes from Venezuela and drinks in the Jolly SailorDuleep comes from Venezuela and drinks in the Jolly SailorDuleep comes from Venezuela and drinks in the Jolly SailorDuleep comes from Venezuela and drinks in the Jolly SailorDuleep comes from Venezuela and drinks in the Jolly SailorDuleep comes from Venezuela and drinks in the Jolly SailorDuleep comes from Venezuela and drinks in the Jolly SailorDuleep comes from Venezuela and drinks in the Jolly Sailor
Quote:
Originally posted by Mat ov CPFC
Well I dont like it. It sucks.

And it strikes me that many people must just pretend to like it.
The next thing you'll be telling us is that opera sucks too
Old 09-11-2007, 01:43 PM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Duleep
The next thing you'll be telling us is that opera sucks too

Actually I think I need to apologise to all the Jazzo's on here because your responses have been informative and kind and its been unfair of me to look for you to raise to the bait.

A poor show on my part.

I must admit to not being that keen on most Jazz but thats not a reason for me to be so dismissive of something that many of you seem to have a genuine fondness for.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:45 PM
hockey mummy

Lizzy is fond of sand dunes and salty airLizzy is fond of sand dunes and salty airLizzy is fond of sand dunes and salty airLizzy is fond of sand dunes and salty airLizzy is fond of sand dunes and salty airLizzy is fond of sand dunes and salty airLizzy is fond of sand dunes and salty airLizzy is fond of sand dunes and salty airLizzy is fond of sand dunes and salty airLizzy is fond of sand dunes and salty airLizzy is fond of sand dunes and salty air
does anyone else think the term Jazzo's sounds like innuendo?
Old 09-11-2007, 01:46 PM
legit

foetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is here
They are jazzers.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:46 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Lizzy
Sounds like a "PC" way of calling someone a mong or flid.

Mat - was listening to "A Love Supreme" earlier today and can completely understand why some would think it's shit.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:50 PM
A rare visitor

Al From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is here
I haven't heard anyone who likes jazz called a jazzo. 'JazzER' yes, not Jazzo though. Indeed, one evening after a few beers my ex musical partner in crime, when refused service by a barman, who looked like he might frequent the Bull at barnes of a Sunday, just after last orders, accused him of being "just an old jazzer with a broken saxophone". it was the most obscure put down I have ever heard.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:19 PM

Nagyon NBL : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNagyon NBL : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNagyon NBL : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNagyon NBL : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNagyon NBL : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNagyon NBL : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNagyon NBL : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNagyon NBL : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNagyon NBL : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNagyon NBL : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNagyon NBL : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Sketches of Spain : good choice.Miles Davies and Art Blakey well worth listening to.However if in a "melancholy mood" there is a tendency for such a mood to be reinforced whie listening to the above mentioned.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:19 PM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by foetus eagle
They are jazzers.

I stand corrected.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:22 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
"Jazzbo" is, in fact, the approved term.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:44 PM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Gooders
Yep. I thought of "Trad" straight away (though I wasn't sure that was what it was called).

And it's pants.
Trad jazz is different to freeform.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:51 PM

Alan Hagger gave me sunshine, made me happyAlan Hagger gave me sunshine, made me happyAlan Hagger gave me sunshine, made me happyAlan Hagger gave me sunshine, made me happyAlan Hagger gave me sunshine, made me happyAlan Hagger gave me sunshine, made me happyAlan Hagger gave me sunshine, made me happyAlan Hagger gave me sunshine, made me happyAlan Hagger gave me sunshine, made me happyAlan Hagger gave me sunshine, made me happyAlan Hagger gave me sunshine, made me happy
Quote:
Originally posted by west country boy
I suppose you have to be black like me to appreciate it.

Anyway, you like all that east European folk nonsense, and that's just noise.
All what Eastern European folk nonsense? What EEFN do you listen to? I saw jan Hruby a few yeasr ago and orchestra skiponya (forgive spelling) - both wonderful. As are Eastenders from East Germany and the album by Nigel Kennedy and Kroke from Poland
Old 09-11-2007, 02:58 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Alan Hagger
All what Eastern European folk nonsense? What EEFN do you listen to? I saw jan Hruby a few yeasr ago and orchestra skiponya (forgive spelling) - both wonderful. As are Eastenders from East Germany and the album by Nigel Kennedy and Kroke from Poland
Sorry - was just taking the piss out of Mat. I know nothing of EEFN.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:00 PM
An Alpha Deplorable.

I dont like all European Folk nonsense.

However I do like those Ukranian-Gipsies who are all the rage at the moment ( they do this smasing song called 'start wearing purple ) and I am fond of Dalamatian 'Klapa' .
Old 09-11-2007, 03:59 PM
A rare visitor

Al From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is here
My last offering Mat. I defy anyone to say they don't like the music of Nat King Cole, one of the finest jazz singers of all time.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:08 PM

eagleforlife came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleforlife came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleforlife came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleforlife came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleforlife came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleforlife came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleforlife came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleforlife came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleforlife came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleforlife came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleforlife came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Am I strange or something, I'm 17 and I quite like jazz?
Old 09-11-2007, 04:14 PM
A rare visitor

Not at all . It is fair to say that many,. many well known musicians and forms of the art of music itself were heavily influenced by jazz.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 09-11-2007, 04:15 PM
You fill me with inertia

James Melody has got sunshine in a bagJames Melody has got sunshine in a bagJames Melody has got sunshine in a bagJames Melody has got sunshine in a bagJames Melody has got sunshine in a bagJames Melody has got sunshine in a bagJames Melody has got sunshine in a bagJames Melody has got sunshine in a bagJames Melody has got sunshine in a bagJames Melody has got sunshine in a bagJames Melody has got sunshine in a bag
Quote:
Originally posted by Lizzy
Let me consult my collection of Jazz mags.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:16 PM

Bobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Try listening to To view the link you have to Register or Login (Digital or on-line).

David Jenson is on air at the moment.

Check out the To view the link you have to Register or Login.

If you can't find something to listen to in that I would be very surprised.

Quote:
To be fair when you give the ball away like we did it was an accident waiting to happen, it was almost like Dr Who for me when I was a kid but no sofa to hide behind so I had my face in my hands for all of the 2nd half.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:23 PM
legit

foetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by James Melody
Let me consult my collection of Jazz mags.

Old 09-11-2007, 05:11 PM

Gooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Al From Bromley
My last offering Mat. I defy anyone to say they don't like the music of Nat King Cole, one of the finest jazz singers of all time.
I like a bit of NKC when I'm in the mood.

It's not jazz though.