Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 21-08-2009, 12:20 PM
Between matches

MasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is here
Following my rant above I feel I must follow up. Yesterday I went up for half an appeal thinking it was a bump ball, bowler didn't really appeal, umpire not interested but batsman walked.

Asked him afterwards and he explained he'd hit the ball into his own foot and it had gone up without touching the floor. Kind of decision you'd never see with the naked eye and only a walker would get out because of it so fair play to the fella.

Game was abandoned for rain shortly after but not until one of our guys got spanked for 28 off an over (no extras).
Old 29-08-2009, 11:53 AM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Anyone fancy a game tomorrow in Betchworth?
Old 31-01-2010, 11:11 PM

a_the_s stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that fara_the_s stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that fara_the_s stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that fara_the_s stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that fara_the_s stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that fara_the_s stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that fara_the_s stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that fara_the_s stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that fara_the_s stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that fara_the_s stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that fara_the_s stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that far
*Bump*

First game on March 27th, 30 overs a side friendly, not to far away now.

I am a bowler, I can't bat to save my life. For the 2 years i've played for my club I've never passed the score of 5. (My highest ever is 8 in the 5 years I've played) I'm always out LBW, I don't think LBW should be a rule!

But my team mates nick name my "Shane" as they think I'm a better spinner than Shane Warne. I like to call it spin but really it's slow crap.

Good luck to everyone this season, county, club and England wise
Old 31-01-2010, 11:21 PM
Remember Our Heroes

Super-Ste-Cious ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerSuper-Ste-Cious ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerSuper-Ste-Cious ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerSuper-Ste-Cious ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerSuper-Ste-Cious ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerSuper-Ste-Cious ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerSuper-Ste-Cious ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerSuper-Ste-Cious ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerSuper-Ste-Cious ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerSuper-Ste-Cious ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerSuper-Ste-Cious ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a Chrysler
Aiming to play this year for first time in 5 years, now that I am away from the shackles of working weekends.
Old 01-02-2010, 02:30 AM
Ex-pat leviathan

GodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Will be playing and then in September going to Argentina for 4 months to coach cricket.
Old 10-02-2010, 08:30 PM

a_the_s stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that fara_the_s stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that fara_the_s stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that fara_the_s stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that fara_the_s stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that fara_the_s stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that fara_the_s stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that fara_the_s stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that fara_the_s stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that fara_the_s stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that fara_the_s stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that far
Had our nets tonight. Did ok, took 3 wickets but I was out about 8 times
Old 10-02-2010, 08:41 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_the_s

I am a bowler, I can't bat to save my life. For the 2 years i've played for my club I've never passed the score of 5. (My highest ever is 8 in the 5 years I've played) I'm always out LBW, I don't think LBW should be a rule!

Good luck to everyone this season, county, club and England wise

I'm the same mate, except tbf i am playing with men when most people my age are still playing in colts. But yeah i'm a bowler, quite a tidy one, but always get out clean bowled when i bat though.

Gonna be hell when i start playing again in the summer, 50 overs each team and i'm knackered by the end of the game, then college the next day as well.

Good luck a_the_s, who do you play for?

www.itsoktotalk.wordpress.com

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
Old 10-02-2010, 08:49 PM

For the past 5 years, Keymer & Hassocks . Didn't play for them often though. 5 years played about 25 games. Now looking for a team/ I'm going to nets down the sports center atm.

Last edited by a_the_s; 10-02-2010 at 08:57 PM.
Old 10-02-2010, 08:58 PM
CPFC

pumaspalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepumaspalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepumaspalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepumaspalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepumaspalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepumaspalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepumaspalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepumaspalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepumaspalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepumaspalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepumaspalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Used to play couple of years ago, concentrate more on football now.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumaspalace
Used to play couple of years ago, concentrate more on football now.

So do I, I don't think I'll get any games until may.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:10 PM
Remember Our Heroes

Super-Ste-Cious ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerSuper-Ste-Cious ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerSuper-Ste-Cious ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerSuper-Ste-Cious ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerSuper-Ste-Cious ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerSuper-Ste-Cious ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerSuper-Ste-Cious ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerSuper-Ste-Cious ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerSuper-Ste-Cious ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerSuper-Ste-Cious ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerSuper-Ste-Cious ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a Chrysler
Im looking for a team this year in/around Croydon area; if anyone has any suggestions.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:36 AM

embryo eagle has found the source of gravityembryo eagle has found the source of gravityembryo eagle has found the source of gravityembryo eagle has found the source of gravityembryo eagle has found the source of gravityembryo eagle has found the source of gravityembryo eagle has found the source of gravityembryo eagle has found the source of gravityembryo eagle has found the source of gravityembryo eagle has found the source of gravityembryo eagle has found the source of gravity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super-Ste-Cious
Im looking for a team this year in/around Croydon area; if anyone has any suggestions.
If you are talking south of the borough my old club Chipstead and Coulsdon are very good.

Shaun Tait played a few games for them last season as his brother was their overseas player.

Don't let that fool you though, the level is not as high as that. I think they have 4 Saturday teams and 2 on Sundays.
Old 18-03-2010, 07:51 PM

Can't believe how quick it's gone... 9 days until our fist friendly of the season on March 28th! 35 overs a side due to the fact it gets dark, it will probably be cancelled anyway...

Last edited by a_the_s; 21-03-2010 at 01:04 AM.
Old 21-03-2010, 12:57 AM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
My company team has disbanded completely now. Might sneak in a few games for the Reigate Pilgrims if they're desperate! .....it's sad though.
Old 23-03-2010, 07:43 PM

In cricket training today our coach decided to do a 15 overs a side match as exactly 22 people turned up, despite the pitch being quite wet and un touched for 6 months. It was play able.

We bowled first, and I bowled 3-0-15-3. 2 were LBW and 1 was a c and bowled. His strait at me. They got 67-7 and their 15 overs. Once they were 5 wickets down they batted slowly.

We lost 3 wickets in the first over, and were 12-6 after 5 overs. But our no.8 nudged the score up a little and he slowly got us back into the game. The score slowly crept up, and it went to the last over with 1 wicket in hand... It was me and him in the last over at 53-9, so we needed 15 to win from 6 balls. First ball I hit for a 2, lucky edge. Second I nudged the ball for a single. So I got the main man on strike to get the winning 12 runs from the last 4 balls. Even though it was a friendly training thing, no one could watch!

First ball he smashed away for 4. I didn't move down at the other end, he seemed to start running, even though it was going for 4 the second he hit . He then hit another 4, only just got to the boundary. 4 needed from 2. He then hit another good shot but hit a fielder, we could only mange 1. So it was all down to me to get the winning runs. 3 off 1 ball needed. Ran the first 1, and as they players started to cheer and celebrate I sneaked a second! School boy error! Can't believe we got a tie!
Old 25-03-2010, 03:17 PM
Is on dis ting.

dannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
i started playing cricket for the first time in 2 years for my old team Peckham Rye and i have surprised myself in nets i am actually still pretty decent last year i played i opened the batting did alright 30-40s most games but it wasnt at the quickest rate we had a lot of sloggers so whilst they were getting out i just plodded along.
"They will always have this. They will always have those two exquisite moments of silence. No matter what happens against Watford at Wembley, no matter whether they make it to the promised land, the night when the Amex Stadium fell quiet will enter into Crystal Palace folklore, into legend."
Old 25-03-2010, 03:25 PM
Ex-pat leviathan

GodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino
My company team has disbanded completely now. Might sneak in a few games for the Reigate Pilgrims if they're desperate! .....it's sad though.
Temple Bar?
Old 25-03-2010, 03:46 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
The first thing that Will Hung tells me whenever I see him is that he's a decent player. Somewhere up Reigate way I believe, begins with a C
Old 25-03-2010, 04:20 PM

pfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino
they saw what they had coming through the ranks and you were the best of a terrible bunch...........

Keep 16th free Billy Boy
Old 27-03-2010, 07:41 PM

I played a 35 over friendly today. Never played as early as March before. I don't think it should be allowed, it was freezing! We were originally going to play on April 17th, but apparently the pitch was going to be used for a concert or something?

Anyway, we batted first and got bowled all out for 165 with just over an over remaining. I scored 2 not out from 15 balls

Opened the bowling and got 3 wickets in my first 3 overs! And ended up with figures of 4-21 from 7 overs (Including 2 maidens, one of them was a wicket maiden).

We couldn't take all ten wickets but they fell over 60 runs short on 104 or 105-8 from their 35 overs.

I got man of the match!

Last edited by a_the_s; 27-03-2010 at 07:48 PM.