Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 16-10-2019, 07:54 PM

palacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhc View Post
Will the last retailer in Croydon please turn the lights out!

What a vibrant, busy town centre, Croydon of my youth used to be!

Now it's filled with so many temporary retailers seemingly trying to offload redundant stock, that it's turning off those shoppers who have the money to spend, but don't! The big names have deserted the high street and it's become a pale shadow of the prosperous place it used to be.

I hear the big plans for the Whitgift Centre, which have been on/off for longer than I care to remember, now seem to be completely dead in the water.

It's heartbreaking when you think of the size of population in South London and the hive of activity that used to be attracted to the centre of Croydon.
It's been failed be successive councils & developers, and now no one seems to want to venture there. Everyone I know avoids it like the plague. A crying shame
Happening to every high street whilst out of town stores with free parking seem to be doing well
Old 16-10-2019, 08:00 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:

Now it's filled with so many temporary retailers seemingly trying to offload redundant stock, that it's turning off those shoppers who have the money to spend, but don't! The big names have deserted the high street and it's become a pale shadow of the prosperous place it used to be.

I hear the big plans for the Whitgift Centre, which have been on/off for longer than I care to remember, now seem to be completely dead in the water.

It's heartbreaking when you think of the size of population in South London and the hive of activity that used to be attracted to the centre of Croydon.
It's been failed be successive councils & developers, and now no one seems to want to venture there. Everyone I know avoids it like the plague. A crying shame
The bastards on our council have just agreed a new development for our 6th supermarket in Newport. Along with a wikes and a drive through Mac Donaldís . They state that they expect only a 4% reduction in footfall in the high street. I think this is the last nail for the poor buggers. Stupid ****s

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 17-10-2019, 06:53 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Quote:

The decline of Croydon is a topic for a separate thread really, but I never go there to shop because it's so horrible and lacking in decent shops. And as a Croydonian born and bred that makes me sad - the town of my youth (though ugly) at least was busy and seemed prosperous. Now it feels like it's dying.
Old 17-10-2019, 08:07 AM
handwringing islamofacist

Clapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by palacelad197o View Post
Happening to every high street whilst out of town stores with free parking seem to be doing well
I haven't got the numbers handy and a quick google didn't turn them up but the reports I read on this said that the big out-of-town places had a larger fall in visits than the High St.

Walter Benjamin
Old 17-10-2019, 01:04 PM

Pierre : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePierre : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePierre : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePierre : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePierre : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePierre : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePierre : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePierre : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePierre : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePierre : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePierre : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:

Croydon will rise from the depths of despair. The huge number of housing blocks that are being built around the town or are still planned in the future is phenomenal.
The Council having controversially refurbished the Fairfield Halls but then using a future development on College Green to help fund it.
Therefore, shops undispersed with cafes, restaurants, and leisure facilities will be the way forwards to cater for the non 9-5 world that is today going forwards.

It might take a change of Council to do it but Croydon is to big to be without a major centre especially as there will so many people living within it shortly!
Old 17-10-2019, 01:24 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Towns often look at their most ugly during the period of mass new construction. Croydon, Nine Elms etc. Once many of the residential developments in central Croydon are complete then the commerce will follow.
Old 17-10-2019, 02:40 PM

Louis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by palacelad197o View Post
Happening to many, but not to 'every' from what I've heard.
Old 17-10-2019, 03:25 PM

jhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
The Council having controversially refurbished the Fairfield Halls but then using a future development on College Green to help fund it.
And thereís another story!
Iíve been there twice since the re-opening.
For all the tens of millions spent on it, it looks like theyíve just given it a lick of paint. Iím sure theyíve made improvements behind the scenes, but youíd expect new seats for all the expense.

They said they needed to upgrade it to attract the top talent back to the Fairfield, but when you look on the calendar of events, itís littered with tribune bands that are never going to fill an auditorium of that size. Of the two events I attended, one was not even half full and the other barely two hundred people turned up.

They seriously need to book more popular/prominent artists who can fill the concert hall and the advertising/marketing needs looking at with some urgency. How many people really know that itís re-opened and whatís coming up?
Old 18-10-2019, 06:49 PM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login (from the BBC).
Old 18-10-2019, 08:43 PM

JimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE View Post
Seems they can't get the rebranding to 'Goodmarket' done in time :-/
Old 18-10-2019, 09:48 PM

OLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Purely from personal experience I’d say go outdoors. Visited them two months ago to get some fly fishing leaders most of the racks were empty. Visited again today the shelves were even more sparsely stocked. They are woeful. Will have to pop to sportfish Reading now.
Old 18-10-2019, 10:30 PM

chateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Watt's of Glasgow has gone down the khazi. Not a name down south but 11 department stores in Scotland and been around since nineteen-canteen.
Old 18-10-2019, 10:42 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Surprised given the ageing population .
Old 18-10-2019, 10:46 PM

modernsouler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemodernsouler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemodernsouler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemodernsouler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemodernsouler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemodernsouler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemodernsouler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemodernsouler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemodernsouler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemodernsouler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemodernsouler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
And thereís another story!
Iíve been there twice since the re-opening.
For all the tens of millions spent on it, it looks like theyíve just given it a lick of paint. Iím sure theyíve made improvements behind the scenes, but youíd expect new seats for all the expense.

They said they needed to upgrade it to attract the top talent back to the Fairfield, but when you look on the calendar of events, itís littered with tribune bands that are never going to fill an auditorium of that size. Of the two events I attended, one was not even half full and the other barely two hundred people turned up.

They seriously need to book more popular/prominent artists who can fill the concert hall and the advertising/marketing needs looking at with some urgency. How many people really know that itís re-opened and whatís coming up?

Take a look at some of the acts appearing at the De La Warr Pavilion in Bexhill, Which had a makeover a little while ago and is much smaller than Fairfield Halls.

People in charge who know what they are doing.
Old 18-10-2019, 10:53 PM

modernsouler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemodernsouler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemodernsouler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemodernsouler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemodernsouler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemodernsouler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemodernsouler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemodernsouler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemodernsouler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemodernsouler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemodernsouler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Always looks empty of customers in their shops, Don't see Very struggling with their online business.
Old 18-10-2019, 11:45 PM

Louis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 View Post
Surprised given the ageing population .
I don't think Bonmarche appealed to older age group more than many other similar stores (e.g. Marks and Spencer).
Old 18-10-2019, 11:53 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BASING EAGLE View Post
Purely from personal experience Iíd say go outdoors. Visited them two months ago to get some fly fishing leaders most of the racks were empty. Visited again today the shelves were even more sparsely stocked. They are woeful. Will have to pop to sportfish Reading now.
Why not give the tackle shop in Christchurch a call? They stock fly gear and would no doubt give you a 10% discount if you mentioned you support Palace.
Old 19-10-2019, 12:57 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis View Post
I don't think Bonmarche appealed to older age group more than many other similar stores (e.g. Marks and Spencer).
Are there that many though for the older generation?. M&S who else?.
Old 19-10-2019, 03:10 AM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
Why not give the tackle shop in Christchurch a call? They stock fly gear and would no doubt give you a 10% discount if you mentioned you support Palace.
Great shout! To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 19-10-2019, 05:27 AM
Lifeís too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
Mods, Mods, Mods ....

Blatant advertising!

Ban him !!