Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 05-03-2010, 09:48 AM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Regan
If you mean the one in Church Street, it's still popular now. If it's the one with the hall at the back of it near Old Palace school, I saw a Sex Pistols tribute act there in 1999
Not sure, my brother in law used to play there a lot in the 60's and, if I remember rightly its mentioned a lot in a very good book about Live music in Croydon.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:48 AM
Born in South London

gcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by moverman
OK Jack.

At what Croydon venue did Jimi Hendrix make his one and only appearance?

Clue, it was in February 1968.
My mate wanted me to go to that gig at the Star. I didn't fancy it. One of many stupid decisions I've made. Did get to see him 2 year later at IoW though.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:50 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
If you mean the one in Church Street, it's still popular now. If it's the one with the hall at the back of it near Old Palace school,
Isn't the one in Church Street also the one near Old Palace School?

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 05-03-2010, 09:51 AM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcwhite
My mate wanted me to go to that gig at the Star. I didn't fancy it. One of many stupid decisions I've made. Did get to see him 2 year later at IoW though.
My mate went there, and was so out of it he missed Hendrix's last ever live performance.

Old 05-03-2010, 09:55 AM
SHUT IT SLAG

Location: We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner
Jack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek
Isn't the one in Church Street also the one near Old Palace School?
Sorry, I worded that badly, I'm referring to the same place.
The president of the Commission Mr. Delors said at press conference the other day that he wanted the European Parliament to be the democratic body of the community, he wanted the Commission to be the Executive and he wanted the Council of Ministers to be the Senate.

No. No. No.

Margaret Thatcher
Speech in Houses of Parliament
30th October 1990
Old 05-03-2010, 10:02 AM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
I'm not sure I'm convinced by this band. Reading a bit about them it seems they were heavily influenced by drugs, and I'm really not sure that's the kind of thing children should be writing about for their homework
Old 05-03-2010, 10:43 AM
Loyal supporter

Eagles55 has found the source of gravityEagles55 has found the source of gravityEagles55 has found the source of gravityEagles55 has found the source of gravityEagles55 has found the source of gravityEagles55 has found the source of gravityEagles55 has found the source of gravityEagles55 has found the source of gravityEagles55 has found the source of gravityEagles55 has found the source of gravityEagles55 has found the source of gravity
Quote:
Originally Posted by moverman
OK Jack.

At what Croydon venue did Jimi Hendrix make his one and only appearance?

Clue, it was in February 1968.
Hendrix played several gigs at the Chistlehurst Caves if I remenber correctly.
Personally I didn't see him there but saw him headline a package tour with Pink Floyd as one of the supporting acts down in Brighton (Dome). Not bad for five shillings (25p).

Didn't the Beatles (and Hendrix) ever play at the Orchid Purley or doesn't that count as Croydon.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:45 AM
Selhurstian

EagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is here
Old 05-03-2010, 11:12 AM

Herr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
They played the ABC at Broad Green before if got knocked down (obviously).

Also, and not a lot of people know this, There's an office block near the top of Surrey Street called Davis House. This was built on the site of the old Davis Theatre which Buddy Holly and the Crickets played in 1958.

Anything you want to know about Croydon, I know it.
They also played the Fairfield Halls (JR or BB can confirm the year) I'm fairly certain of this cos I was there.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:20 AM
Troublemaker

EdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login

hendrix played at the tooting bingo hall as well, but a bit before my time...
Old 05-03-2010, 11:35 AM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle
I hope your son concludes his home work with some sort of statement along the lines of "A boy ban who got lucky, the only two members of which died early, leaving the two surviving dimwits to live off of their deceased colleagues reputations. The musical equivalent of The Emporers new clothes".
That basically sums up every successful band.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:36 PM
SC's wet dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ
That basically sums up every successful band.
I don't think it does.

Old 05-03-2010, 01:45 PM

ElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
I didn't get sacked - I was offered a move to John Newnham after I had been stabbed in the leg by a young girl (with a protractor).
Your pupils hated you so much they tried to stab you ?! I find that very hard to believe.

Just as well she didn't have a decent maths teacher otherwise she'd have known to use a compass rather than a protractor. <--- JOKE
Old 10-10-2018, 09:14 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here

I can't imagine a scenario where I would do this. There was a brief period when I about 13 where I wouldn't even do it by myself, just in case a ghost was watching. To each his own.
Old 10-10-2018, 09:53 PM

BERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrils View Post

I can't imagine a scenario where I would do this. There was a brief period when I about 13 where I wouldn't even do it by myself, just in case a ghost was watching. To each his own.
It inspired one of their greatest hits - I Wanna Hold Your Cock.
Old 10-10-2018, 09:59 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BERT'S HEAD View Post
It inspired one of their greatest hits - I Wanna Hold Your Cock.
Yep. And cum together.
Old 10-10-2018, 11:12 PM
Loosefish Scapegrace

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Was it The Gun that used to be quite a popular venue in the 60's?
It's now a Romanian Restaurant - To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 11-10-2018, 06:17 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
My mate went there, and was so out of it he missed Hendrix's last ever live performance.
Isle of Fehmarn love and peace festival which was more of of a bikers riot. or his final jam at Ronnie scotts with War?

SaulAlinsky
Old 11-10-2018, 07:59 AM
SC's wet dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse View Post
Isle of Fehmarn love and peace festival which was more of of a bikers riot. or his final jam at Ronnie scotts with War?
Dunno, I wasn't there.

Old 11-10-2018, 10:43 AM

strawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Dunno, I wasn't there.
Surely the phrase is 'i wasn't there, man'