Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Other Sport Ľ World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 30-09-2019, 05:55 PM

Marki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
220 and 150
Old 30-09-2019, 06:54 PM

Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marki View Post
220 and 150

Same. 19 hcp. Best 81. Age 58.
Old 30-09-2019, 09:16 PM

Finbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Carry is 210yds and 135yds
Old 30-09-2019, 09:43 PM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
How far do you guys hit the ball? Driver and 7 iron
250 ish and 155 ish

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 30-09-2019, 10:01 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Depends on the conditions

Driver 250-320
7 iron 160-175- all carry (high flight)

Distance is not a problem for me, accuracy however...
Old 01-10-2019, 09:55 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Anyone on here signed up with Play More Golf and their flex points model? They are pushing our club with a hard sell to join but I am struggling to see any real benefits.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 01-10-2019, 04:03 PM

Mike Douglas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMike Douglas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMike Douglas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMike Douglas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMike Douglas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMike Douglas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMike Douglas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMike Douglas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMike Douglas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMike Douglas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMike Douglas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Maybe something to do with my age (71) but my distances are 180 to 230 and 110 to 130 (carry).
Or maybe I have measured them and not just estimated
Old 01-10-2019, 05:15 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Driver around 220 carry running out to 260-270
7 iron around 140-145 carry, high ball flight & not delofted at all.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 01-10-2019, 05:52 PM

Del Martian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Martian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Martian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Martian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Martian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Martian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Martian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Martian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Martian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Martian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Martian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
OK, I'll join in..
Driver - 230
7 Iron - 150
Pretty straight and at 58years of age now, I'm happy with that.
Old 11-10-2019, 08:01 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Today I played my first game for about 18 months. I had hand surgery a year ago which means I canít yet make a fist (or grip a club properly) and currently also have a frozen shoulder which Iím 75% recovered from....

Played at Addington Palace for Sutton Utd. Former players against Dulwich Hamlet former players as a favour to a mate. Played some absolute shite on a lovely track and managed to dodge most of the rain.

Fortunately, also played a few decent shots and despite Sutton losing 7-3, my partner and I managed to put a point on the board for Sutton.

Played four ball, better ball and we managed to bail each other out when we were playing poorly.

Iím absolutely cream crackered but just glad to have got back out on the course.

Cricket wanker.
Old 15-10-2019, 05:35 AM
Lifeís too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
Today I played my first game for about 18 months. I had hand surgery a year ago which means I canít yet make a fist (or grip a club properly) and currently also have a frozen shoulder which Iím 75% recovered from....

Played at Addington Palace for Sutton Utd. Former players against Dulwich Hamlet former players as a favour to a mate. Played some absolute shite on a lovely track and managed to dodge most of the rain.

Fortunately, also played a few decent shots and despite Sutton losing 7-3, my partner and I managed to put a point on the board for Sutton.

Played four ball, better ball and we managed to bail each other out when we were playing poorly.

Iím absolutely cream crackered but just glad to have got back out on the course.
Good stuff

Shame youíve just got back at the start of the shit weather !

Iím up at Turnberry again next week. End of Oct....what could possibly go wrong
Old 16-10-2019, 02:52 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Anybody aiming to get Ryder Cup tickets today?
Old 18-10-2019, 05:02 AM

Finbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Very sad to hear Redhill & Reigate Golf Club shut down earlier this year, friend of mine sent me pictures of the 15th green, or what was, all overgrown and unloved.

Not a great course by any means but I played it hundreds of times, knew it like the back of my hand and have a load of great memories there. I hope someone comes in and makes something of it before the land is inevitably sold for housing, even if it's just a 9 hole (1st to 5th and 15th to 18th wouldn't take up too much of the land).

Sad they couldn't find someone to turn it round, membership dropped from 600 to 300 and made it unsustainable, I'm guessing those 300 members refused to try anything different, probably an unfair assumption but 30yrs ago they were not the sorts to embrace change I think it's safe to say.

Are other courses in the South East facing the same problems?

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 18-10-2019, 05:05 AM

Viktor Hovland with his 19th consecutive PGA tour round in the 60s, incredible considering his age and the fact he has only just turned pro, to put it in perspective Tiger managed no more than 14 in a row
Old 18-10-2019, 05:27 AM

Interesting list here, Speith on 7 is a bit of a surprise, Gary player on 2, Jack Nicklaus only on 4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finbar View Post
Viktor Hovland with his 19th consecutive PGA tour round in the 60s, incredible considering his age and the fact he has only just turned pro, to put it in perspective Tiger managed no more than 14 in a row
Old 22-10-2019, 03:30 PM
Lifeís too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
The 5th at Turnberry is the best hole in the world. Dog leg left through the gorse and dune tunnel. My opinion may be swayed by the fact i birdied it from the back tees.
You were firmly in my thoughts yesterday as I pulled my putter back on said hole for my birdie attempt from 4 feet. Which is probably why I pulled the neck off it and missed. Played it perfectly as well. Decent drive just short of the left hand fairway bunker but nestled down in the first cut. Dug a 6 iron out to the middle of the fairway to about 140 yards. Pin at the back. Nailed a perfect 8 iron to 4 feet.

Then you appeared in my mind you fecker !
Old 22-10-2019, 09:01 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finbar View Post
Very sad to hear Redhill & Reigate Golf Club shut down earlier this year, friend of mine sent me pictures of the 15th green, or what was, all overgrown and unloved.

Not a great course by any means but I played it hundreds of times, knew it like the back of my hand and have a load of great memories there. I hope someone comes in and makes something of it before the land is inevitably sold for housing, even if it's just a 9 hole (1st to 5th and 15th to 18th wouldn't take up too much of the land).

Sad they couldn't find someone to turn it round, membership dropped from 600 to 300 and made it unsustainable, I'm guessing those 300 members refused to try anything different, probably an unfair assumption but 30yrs ago they were not the sorts to embrace change I think it's safe to say.

Are other courses in the South East facing the same problems?

Clubs all over the country are having difficulties. I'm no fan of Brexit but I'm not sure there is any link between the two. More dwindling numbers of golfers.

Public courses in particular are at risk. Councils can't afford or justify a course unless it makes big money, and most of them don't. The last I heard about Redhill & Reigate was that it was to just be left as common ground. I don't know if they can actually build housing on it?

Ifield Golf Club in Crawley will also be going in the next few years, and that will be for housing.
Old 05-11-2019, 05:14 PM

Lemming came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLemming came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLemming came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLemming came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLemming came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLemming came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLemming came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLemming came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLemming came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLemming came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLemming came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
220 and 150 with roll. 18 handicap.

So many people seem to think they hit a driver 250 but when you put the GPS watch on them reality kicks in.

I played with a 4 handicapper who murdered the longest drive hole and declared a 300 plus drive. A bit up hill and a breeze against I thought, no chance. 265 it was. Still a great drive.
Old 05-11-2019, 05:40 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Does anyone know the type of player who says they are hitting it 20 yards longer every time they buy a new driver? I know a few. Some of them should be knocking it over 400 years now if that was true.
Old 05-11-2019, 06:40 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
People, no. Manufacturers, of course. Taylormade have been making 10 yard increases about twice a year, for around 15 years. If we say average drive in 2005 was 240yds, that would make drives of well over 500yds normal