Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 24-01-2019, 10:02 AM

BERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckenham Boy View Post
I did a Goulash last Sunday, was so good and best bit is you need to do so little.. Beef shin seared pan with a few teaspoons of paprika added (had to use Spanish as did not have Hungarian) added sliced peppers, sliced onion and chopped garlic and a single tin of tomatoes and let slow cook for 6 hours (only really needs 3 1/2 hrs).
I adore goulash but have never had one to live up to the offerings in my old works canteen (unbelievably). Will give this a whirl cheers.
Old 09-10-2019, 06:50 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Stew and casserole season is upon us. Doing pork in cider tonight, with roast potatoes and Savoy cabbage.
Old 09-10-2019, 07:18 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Beef casserole with bubble and squeak last night.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 09-10-2019, 07:50 PM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
Basque fish stew today. Red wine, paprika, sweet pots, chilli , garlic, ginger, passata, onion, mushrooms and as much chunky sea food as you like . My lady was impressed . Result.
Old 09-10-2019, 08:19 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am Phibian View Post
Basque fish stew today. Red wine, paprika, sweet pots, chilli , garlic, ginger, passata, onion, mushrooms and as much chunky sea food as you like . My lady was impressed . Result.

Yum.
Old 10-10-2019, 07:10 AM

BB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoz View Post
Stew and casserole season is upon us. Doing pork in cider tonight, with roast potatoes and Savoy cabbage.
My wife is very keen on a bit of pork in cider......
Old 10-10-2019, 07:54 AM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Bob View Post
Old 10-10-2019, 08:39 AM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Goulash is a thing of beauty

Especially with chips
Old 10-10-2019, 09:39 AM
Mind your sandwiches

chatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is here
My heart fills with gladness when I see this thread near the top.
Old 11-10-2019, 04:45 PM

rhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is here
Found this alfez Apricot and Coriander Aromatic Sauce,
In a jar also i forgot a tin of mixed beans
chopped a onion , carrot browned off lamb shoulder cubed poured on sauce left for 2 hours casserole .Was absolutely gorgeous

Last edited by rhiannapaul; 11-10-2019 at 04:47 PM.
Old 11-10-2019, 05:36 PM

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannapaul View Post
Found this alfez Apricot and Coriander Aromatic Sauce,
In a jar also i forgot a tin of mixed beans
chopped a onion , carrot browned off lamb shoulder cubed poured on sauce left for 2 hours casserole .Was absolutely gorgeous
You lost me at the word Apricot

Devils stuff

Rest of it sounds good though
Old 11-10-2019, 06:18 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
You lost me at the word Apricot

Devils stuff

Rest of it sounds good though
Tart!

Moroccan Taginey type stuff innit.
Old 11-10-2019, 06:25 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
Beef casserole with bubble and squeak last night.
Sounds like absolute heaven
Old 13-10-2019, 09:17 PM

Did pork lion chops in the slow cooker today. Really really good. Don’t like pork chops generally but these were great

Browned them off in olive oil and some butter, set aside and then fried off a couple of sliced red onions and garlic in the same pan, add a couple of cored and peeled and chopped apples. Cook for 5 minutes. Add a splash of cider vinegar and then put everything in the slow cooker.

Pour a can of dry cider into the pan you’ve done the chops and onions in and add a litre of chicken stock, a dash of Worcester, some soy and tomato purée, simmer for 5 and add into the slow cooker.

5 hours later, remove the chops, blitz to sauce and add creme fraiche. Put the chops back in.

We had with mash, homemade Yorkshire’s, asparagus, green beans and tender stem broccoli

And it were bloody lovely
Old 13-10-2019, 11:26 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Did Ginger Tomato Chicken, first had it in Lahore, not sure how they cook it there but I have my own version which is tasty
Old 14-10-2019, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
Did Ginger Tomato Chicken, first had it in Lahore, not sure how they cook it there but I have my own version which is tasty
Give it up then !
Old 14-10-2019, 07:04 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Bob View Post
Hopefully it’s only your recipe she’s keen on.
Old 18-10-2019, 05:02 PM
Mind your sandwiches

chatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is here
Done stoofvlees/cabonarde flamande today. Beef, lardons, leeks, shallots, carrots, garlic, vinegar and mustard all cooked down in Leffe Brun and beef stock.
Old 18-10-2019, 06:28 PM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatham_eagle View Post
Done stoofvlees/cabonarde flamande today. Beef, lardons, leeks, shallots, carrots, garlic, vinegar and mustard all cooked down in Leffe Brun and beef stock.
Sounds good. Belgian food is wholesome. My wife loves a good rabbit stew in kriek.
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 29-10-2019, 04:18 PM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Right then chaps, hit me up with your fool proof, go to, uncomplicated stew and casserole recipes. I'm batch cooking at the moment as have a baby on the way next month and want to get the freezer well stocked with meals. I've already gone down the chilli, cottage pie and ragu route, so am now looking more at the stews etc. I have a slow cooker and casserole dish which can be utilised.

Speaking of casserole dishes, the cast iron Aldi ones which they release every now and then are meant to be really excellent for the price (less than £30!) but I've not been able to find one in store yet. Picked up a huge cast iron roasting dish for £20 though. If anyone finds an Aldi with any of the casserole dishes in let me know!

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.