Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 27-12-2011, 09:04 PM

saxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I thought you were a lot older than that.
Old 27-12-2011, 09:05 PM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxoneagle
I thought you were a lot older than that.
I'm that boring huh?

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 27-12-2011, 09:32 PM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
Convenient for you but not the others would be the Swan Inn just outside Rye. 15th century thing which is very picturesque and then you've got lots of nice old pubs in Rye and an award winning curry house too.
Old 27-12-2011, 09:33 PM
Noot! Noot!

FORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky
Hi mate, sorry, there'll probably be at least 4 couples so we'd need 4 rooms or more. I did think of you though!

If you have any recommendations though..
Bit of 'group action' stinkers, you should be able to make do.
Old 27-12-2011, 09:34 PM
Noot! Noot!

FORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris K
Convenient for you but not the others would be the Swan Inn just outside Rye. 15th century thing which is very picturesque and then you've got lots of nice old pubs in Rye and an award winning curry house too.
What's the award winning curry house in rye out of interest?
Old 27-12-2011, 09:43 PM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORZA SELHURST
What's the award winning curry house in rye out of interest?
I can't remember, I was quite drunk. It may have been a chef that had won award or the main dish. In fairness it was probably about as reputable as the awards that all the curry houses on Brick Lane have won
Old 27-12-2011, 09:45 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Ambrette at a guess.
Old 27-12-2011, 09:50 PM

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris K
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Doesn't look like it has bedrooms though

Old 27-12-2011, 09:56 PM

PalaceExile was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldPalaceExile was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldPalaceExile was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldPalaceExile was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldPalaceExile was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldPalaceExile was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldPalaceExile was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldPalaceExile was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldPalaceExile was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldPalaceExile was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldPalaceExile was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
This place was pretty good when I stayed there a couple of years ago

countryside nearby (watership down + highclere castle) or Reading 15 mins away for a night out.
Old 27-12-2011, 09:57 PM

Okay, it turns out the Inn was To view the link you have to Register or Login and the restuarant was Gandhi Tandoori, which on closer inspection has no mention on its website of winning any awards.

NB Stinky: once you get passed thirty you'll find your memory isn't as accurate as it once was
Old 27-12-2011, 10:20 PM

Payney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet

I have stayed here three times, It's friendly and the food is excellent. Always four decent ales on the go as well.
Old 27-12-2011, 10:22 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
Quote:
No not at all mate. Only thinking 'that way' as my best friend lives in Swindon, another in Guildford, us in East Grin, and another in Croydon.
In that case, you might like to consider To view the link you have to Register or Login in Clavering, which is in west Essex, bordering Hertfordshire. I've not stayed there before but I've eaten and drunk there many times and if their accommodation is as good as their food then you won't be disappointed.
Old 27-12-2011, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payney

I have stayed here three times, It's friendly and the food is excellent. Always four decent ales on the go as well.
Liking the look of this one

Old 27-12-2011, 10:55 PM

So tomorrow myself and my wife are going on a little day trip.

First up we will be checking out To view the link you have to Register or Login

then down to To view the link you have to Register or Login

before heading further into the sticks to take a look at To view the link you have to Register or Login

finally making our way back along to To view the link you have to Register or Login

Hopefully one of those will take my fancy!

Old 27-12-2011, 11:11 PM

PalaceExile was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldPalaceExile was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldPalaceExile was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldPalaceExile was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldPalaceExile was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldPalaceExile was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldPalaceExile was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldPalaceExile was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldPalaceExile was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldPalaceExile was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldPalaceExile was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Once you see the Old Manse you wont want to stay anywhere else - bourton-on-the-water is really nice (I lived there for a bit) although it can get pretty busy with tourists.
Old 27-12-2011, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceExile
Once you see the Old Manse you wont want to stay anywhere else - bourton-on-the-water is really nice (I lived there for a bit) although it can get pretty busy with tourists.
Have you tried the Manse? Is it a chain? Decent food?

Old 28-12-2011, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimbloke'H'
In that case, you might like to consider To view the link you have to Register or Login in Clavering, which is in west Essex, bordering Hertfordshire. I've not stayed there before but I've eaten and drunk there many times and if their accommodation is as good as their food then you won't be disappointed.
Cheers H. I'll keep that place in mind. Obviously won't be able to fit it into our day trip today though!

Old 28-12-2011, 10:38 AM

BERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is here
Quote:
Cheers H. I'll keep that place in mind. Obviously won't be able to fit it into our day trip today though!
Cricketers is run by Jamie Oliver's ma and pa
Old 28-12-2011, 11:00 AM

Aquila saw you watching from the stairs - you're everyone that ever caredAquila saw you watching from the stairs - you're everyone that ever caredAquila saw you watching from the stairs - you're everyone that ever caredAquila saw you watching from the stairs - you're everyone that ever caredAquila saw you watching from the stairs - you're everyone that ever caredAquila saw you watching from the stairs - you're everyone that ever caredAquila saw you watching from the stairs - you're everyone that ever caredAquila saw you watching from the stairs - you're everyone that ever caredAquila saw you watching from the stairs - you're everyone that ever caredAquila saw you watching from the stairs - you're everyone that ever caredAquila saw you watching from the stairs - you're everyone that ever cared
Poachers Inn, Piddletrenthithe, Dorset. Stayed a couple of times. Great food, real ale, comfortable rooms.
Old 28-12-2011, 12:29 PM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
If you want to really splash out To view the link you have to Register or Login

The Guardian occasionally does lists of this sort of thing: as in this link with a few in the areas you're looking at To view the link you have to Register or Login