Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 28-12-2011, 12:47 PM

mrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The Crazy Bear in Oxford is a good night out.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 28-12-2011, 01:21 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BERT'S HEAD
Cricketers is run by Jamie Oliver's ma and pa
Indeed it is - in fact, in the first series (I think) of Naked Chef they filmed Christmas in the pub.

His old man is no mean chef in his own right.
Old 28-12-2011, 01:29 PM

stange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Brasenose Arms in Cropredy near Banbury is very nice, the all day breakfast is the best I've ever had (I went in October). Next to the Oxford Canal so nice for walks etc.

They have accomodation for up to 12 I believe.
Old 28-12-2011, 01:43 PM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
In the middle of nowhere but very good
Old 28-12-2011, 01:46 PM
Shot by both sides

Sam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky
I'm wanting to take 3 or 4 of my close friends and their wives away for my 30th in March. I've decided that I would quite like to stay in a nice pub or inn, with really good food and even better ale.

We've had a look on the Old English Inns website, and have found one in Oxfordshire, one in Gloucestershire, and one in Somerset that we like the look of, however they appear to be part of a Greene King chain, and the menus all appear to be the same. We're going to go check out the Oxfordshire and Gloucestershire ones tomorrow as we're both at home.

Does anyone on here have any recommendations for really good pubs or inns, with rooms, good food and beer, in the Oxfordshire/Wiltshire/Gloucestershire/Berkshire sort of area?

Cheers
S
pm me with some more details. I may be able to help if Berkshire/Wiltshire border location would suit.
Old 28-12-2011, 06:56 PM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
So tomorrow myself and my wife are going on a little day trip.

First up we will be checking out To view the link you have to Register or Login
This one was good but was a bit small and only 4 rooms

Quote:
then down to To view the link you have to Register or Login
Lovely setting, lovely building, just shame it's a chain and is devoid of any individuality as a result. 4 hand pumps; 1 Speckled Hen and 2 Green King IPA. Food was poor

Quote:
before heading further into the sticks to take a look at To view the link you have to Register or Login
Loved. It. In the middle of nowhere, but the pub was just superb. Spit and sawdust. 4 pumps on with 4 different ales.

Quote:
finally making our way back along to To view the link you have to Register or Login
The same chain as the Old Manse. Again, lovely lovely building. Just terrible inside

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Last edited by stinky; 28-12-2011 at 06:59 PM.
Old 28-12-2011, 07:03 PM
Shot by both sides

Sam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is here
Stinky, see pms.
Old 28-12-2011, 07:12 PM

Ridcully has disabled reputation
We had the first part of our honeymoon To view the link you have to Register or Login. Great place, great food, great location.

Very much recommended.
Old 28-12-2011, 09:47 PM

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Payney

I have stayed here three times, It's friendly and the food is excellent. Always four decent ales on the go as well.
Mate, I really like it here, however we're a bit worried there's not much to do during the day. Do you know of any good activities or things to do during the day?

Old 28-12-2011, 09:54 PM
Noot! Noot!

FORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is here
Quote:
Mate, I really like it here, however we're a bit worried there's not much to do during the day. Do you know of any good activities or things to do during the day?
Back to this again?
Old 28-12-2011, 10:29 PM
This is it

Chris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Eynsham, about 4/5 pubs in close proximity but not too picturesque.

Go for a drive the day after to other Cotswold pubs for lunch etc
Old 28-12-2011, 10:58 PM
Safe European Home

JDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is here
Try the Crown in Southwold, Suffolk.

Owned by Adnams (the brewery is round the back) it has rooms and the food is pretty good.

The town is a bit of a throwback but is good all the same.

Old 29-12-2011, 10:47 AM

Payney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
It is a bit isolated, But that is the charm of the place for me. Both Stroud and Cirencester are about 20 minutes drive from Frampton Mansell. (There is a bus service from outside the pub to Cirencester) Both Stroud and Cirencester have plenty of pubs and places to eat.

Two of the three times I have stayed at the pub have been for cricket tours, So all we did is drink and play cricket.
Old 29-12-2011, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payney
It is a bit isolated, But that is the charm of the place for me. Both Stroud and Cirencester are about 20 minutes drive from Frampton Mansell. (There is a bus service from outside the pub to Cirencester) Both Stroud and Cirencester have plenty of pubs and places to eat.

Two of the three times I have stayed at the pub have been for cricket tours, So all we did is drink and play cricket.
True, I do love how isolated it is. I just worry that the ladies will get a bit bored. Cracking little pub though. 4 ale pumps, two cider pumps, lager for the losers, and 3 fires

Old 29-12-2011, 11:02 AM
Otis

Thanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Beefeater or Harvester.

Hot summer's day and sticky black tarmac, feeding ducks in the park and wishing you were far away -
Paul Weller
Old 29-12-2011, 11:08 AM

ChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Head to the Arboretum at Westonbirt for a good walk.
Old 29-12-2011, 08:32 PM

Payney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
True, I do love how isolated it is. I just worry that the ladies will get a bit bored. Cracking little pub though. 4 ale pumps, two cider pumps, lager for the losers, and 3 fires
It is. Do they still have that french cider on tap? I had a night on that last summer that got very messy
Old 29-12-2011, 09:23 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiswickEagle
Head to the Arboretum at Westonbirt for a good walk.
Good shout.

It's certainly past it's best at this time of year, but then where isn't? Still a lovely place.
Old 11-10-2019, 11:14 AM

BERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky View Post
Where did you decide in the end ?
Old 11-10-2019, 02:30 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BERT'S HEAD View Post
Where did you decide in the end ?
Hope he's got a good memory !