Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 11-02-2012, 02:31 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie12
Best songs are ones with proper meaningful lyrics, which is why I love Akala so much.
As a teenager of 18/19'ish I was a Motown disciple, and hated Pink Floyd/Led Zeppelin etc... but now some 35+ years later listening to those bands just brings back incredible memories - for some odd reason more so than the Motown stuff.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:34 AM
Crystal Parish FC

jamie12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamie12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamie12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamie12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamie12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamie12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamie12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamie12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamie12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamie12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamie12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog
As a teenager of 18/19'ish I was a Motown disciple, and hated Pink Floyd/Led Zeppelin etc... but now some 35+ years later listening to those bands just brings back incredible memories - for some odd reason more so than the Motown stuff.
Christ, all I hear is that motown shit, it's all my mum plays on the stereo in the house...
I don't really have a specific genre, I listen more to the lyrics then anything (mainly political stuff - Akala, The Enemy, Architects), if I like it I listen to it
Old 11-02-2012, 02:36 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Christ, all I hear is that motown shit, it's all my mum plays on the stereo in the house...
I don't really have a specific genre, I listen more to the lyrics then anything (mainly political stuff - Akala, The Enemy, Architects), if I like it I listen to it
Perhaps I know your Mum!

Seriously... as I'm old now I'm so eclectic.

Never been a word freak - more a melody/tune type guy.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:44 AM
Crystal Parish FC

jamie12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamie12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamie12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamie12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamie12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamie12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamie12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamie12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamie12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamie12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamie12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Perhaps I know your Mum!

Seriously... as I'm old now I'm so eclectic.

Never been a word freak - more a melody/tune type guy.
If that's your standards, I feel for you

Fair do's. I just like to put my headphones in, concentrate on the words, and get lost in it so to speak. Won't listen to shit, gotta have a decent rhythm and that, but lyrics are main for me, gotta speak to me
Old 11-02-2012, 02:55 AM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Fair do's. I just like to put my headphones in, concentrate on the words, and get lost in it so to speak. Won't listen to shit, gotta have a decent rhythm and that, but lyrics are main for me, gotta speak to me
So you are dismissing classical music that is without lyrics?
Old 11-02-2012, 02:59 AM
Crystal Parish FC

Quote:
So you are dismissing classical music that is without lyrics?
Classical music is wank.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:04 AM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Classical music is wank.
Give it time... give it time.

Bump this post in 20 years time...
Old 11-02-2012, 03:05 AM
Crystal Parish FC

Quote:
Give it time... give it time.

Bump this post in 20 years time...
Doubt I'd ever like that shit pal, I'd have to be off my face on smack.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:07 AM
The Spiky One

Tell you what... I'm listening to my iTunes music collection on shuffle at this time on the computer... how about I post while it is playing and you can comment on it?
Old 11-02-2012, 03:15 AM
Crystal Parish FC

Quote:
Tell you what... I'm listening to my iTunes music collection on shuffle at this time on the computer... how about I post while it is playing and you can comment on it?
Go on then, haha...
Old 11-02-2012, 03:50 AM
It's lit bruh!

Asagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The Jam -Bitterest Pill
Style Council - Changing of the Guard
Charlatans - How High
Old 11-02-2012, 04:07 AM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Go on then, haha...
Queen of the Slipstream - Van Morrison
Old 11-02-2012, 07:34 AM
looking at things

cross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I could either announce publicly that I like obscure songs that make me seem interesting, or alternatively I can be honest and say that ELO's Mr Blue Sky and Aztec Camera's Somewhere in my Heart always fill my soul with joy every time I hear them.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:14 AM

loz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Crass- Mother earth
PIL-Poptones
Bob Marley or Jo Strummer - Redemtion song.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:09 PM

Gooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again
Old 11-02-2012, 12:11 PM
Honk

Gosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Classical music is wank.
Some of it is, but Mozart was one of the greatest geniuses of the western world.

Plenty of other highlights of the classical period too - I've always been a big fan of Haydn in particular, he had a very mischievous way of handling irregular rhythms that appeals to me.

Of course, you realise that the word classical refers to that music composed roughly between the years 1750-1800 by people who habitually used the sonata form? There's a lot more to 'serious' music than the classical period.

I love the drama of French early baroque opera, people like Lully and Rameau. Now there were a couple of geezers who made their own rules up. A typical recitative might go:

"Oh my God, I'm so depressed, my girlfriend has left me" (G minor)
"Wait a minute, there's 4 score horny virgins between the ages of sixteen and nineteen-and-a-half in my house! I'm off for a nuts-in" (E Major)

You don't get chord progressions like that any more. I blame Corelli.
Old 14-02-2012, 10:39 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
ELO - Showdown

Aztec Camera - Oblivious

Pat Benatar - Fight It Out

Morrissey - Boxers
Old 14-02-2012, 11:02 PM

CPLA2 is game warden to the rep rhinoCPLA2 is game warden to the rep rhinoCPLA2 is game warden to the rep rhinoCPLA2 is game warden to the rep rhinoCPLA2 is game warden to the rep rhinoCPLA2 is game warden to the rep rhinoCPLA2 is game warden to the rep rhinoCPLA2 is game warden to the rep rhinoCPLA2 is game warden to the rep rhinoCPLA2 is game warden to the rep rhinoCPLA2 is game warden to the rep rhino
Stay Free - The Clash
Which Side of the Bed - The Beat
Fascination - Everything But the Girl
Vicky Verky - Squeeze
Wait & See - Stiff Little Fingers
Untitled - Marc & the Mambas
Hamburg Song - Keane
Verdi Cries - 10,000 Maniacs

Last edited by CPLA2; 14-02-2012 at 11:13 PM.
Old 14-02-2012, 11:09 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPLA2
Which Side of the Bed - The Beat
Stay Free - The Clash
These Early Days - Everything But the Girl
Save It For Later - The Beat

White Man In Hammersmith Palais - The Clash

Each And Every One - Everything But The Girl

Date Stamp - ABC
Old 14-02-2012, 11:17 PM
Shooting down bogans

oz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Jailbreak - AC/DC
She Bangs the Drums - The Stone Roses
Hoppípolla - Sigur Rós
Tournament of Hearts - The Weakerthans
Miasmal Smoke & The Yellow Bellied Freaks - Wintersleep

Go back to sleep, you yellowed-bellied freaks.