Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 15-05-2013, 04:12 PM

Ralph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is here
Also Hussey is the one they are surprised to see go as he's rated highly and was at Coventry. Guess his wages were too much for them.
Old 15-05-2013, 04:13 PM

garronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Old 15-05-2013, 04:14 PM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
They hated us from 90 onwards - Really intensely around the mid nineties where they normally beat us and loved every minute of it. They still sing songs I think but all a bit pathetic really. Still give me AFC fan over a Chelsea/Arsenal and the others. Still an odd thread though.
Old 15-05-2013, 04:19 PM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph
Couple of mates are AFC fans - I used to go to games to support my mates out of respect for what they were trying to do, having spoken to them they seem to have more faith in Ardley signings than Terry Brown ones so are quietly hopeful theyll see some fresh young quality signings.

Wonder if we'll see any academy lads released and ending up there. Always makes it more interesting.

I like them inspite of what people say on here. If we ever played them however I would hope we'd stick 10 past them.
Same mate... Could have been us in 2010 and guaranteed supporters of AFC Palace (or whatever name) would have acted exactly the same. Got no problem with AFCW and strictly speaking they're my sons local team, and if he didn't support Palace when he's older I'd much rather he supports Wimbledon than Fulham or Chelsea. (Of course he'll support Palace though ).
Old 15-05-2013, 04:20 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by waddoneagle
NO, It won't be interesting
^
Old 15-05-2013, 04:21 PM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Idol
They hated us from 90 onwards - Really intensely around the mid nineties where they normally beat us and loved every minute of it. They still sing songs I think but all a bit pathetic really. Still give me AFC fan over a Chelsea/Arsenal and the others. Still an odd thread though.
Can't say I ever noticed any anti Palace until the whole MK thing pretty much became a reality and then they really turned their frustration on us for some reason.
Old 15-05-2013, 04:23 PM

Ralph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is here
Loving the people coming on to an AFC Wimbledon thread within World of Football to moan at two Palace fans for talking about AFC Wimbledon and the World of Football. It cant have been a surprise to you when you clicked on the thread can it!?

I happily go to AFC games when Palace are away. The atmosphere is good, the football is pish poor but its still fun. I am also 100% Palace [although admitting I dont go to away games doesnt quite seem it!]

I'd be more than happy to see any of our academy kids down there either on loan or if we dont renew contracts. Pity Banton didn't go there on loan IMO.
Old 15-05-2013, 04:24 PM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Quote:
Also Hussey is the one they are surprised to see go as he's rated highly and was at Coventry. Guess his wages were too much for them.
Hussey was the one who surprised me too. Looks like a whole new Defence again... Will Antwi is still there though.
Old 15-05-2013, 04:25 PM

garronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle
Can't say I ever noticed any anti Palace until the whole MK thing pretty much became a reality and then they really turned their frustration on us for some reason.
They were extremely rude tenants in their time at Selhurst as far as I can remember Latvian and they even thought at one point that they were going to take over our ground and I also remember the abuse I received for not signing the petition they had to stay at OUR ground.
Old 15-05-2013, 04:26 PM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Quote:
Loving the people coming on to an AFC Wimbledon thread within World of Football to moan at two Palace fans for talking about AFC Wimbledon and the World of Football. It cant have been a surprise to you when you clicked on the thread can it!?.
Must admit I was thinking exactly the same thing.
Old 15-05-2013, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Hussey was the one who surprised me too. Looks like a whole new Defence again... Will Antwi is still there though.
I heard Hussey's wages were paid for his short term contract by a wealthy fan but the club didnt want to break its wage structure for him. I guess that would explain it.

Keep hoping Appiah will go there for a spell.
Old 15-05-2013, 04:28 PM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garronrav
They were extremely rude tenants in their time at Selhurst as far as I can remember Latvian and they even thought at one point that they were going to take over our ground and I also remember the abuse I received for not signing the petition they had to stay at OUR ground.
God knows why they'd want to. It's not in Merton. If they do get their own stadium what will happen to Kingsmeadow and Kingstonian?
Old 15-05-2013, 04:29 PM
Always late for kick-off

3 Beers at HT came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet3 Beers at HT came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet3 Beers at HT came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet3 Beers at HT came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet3 Beers at HT came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet3 Beers at HT came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet3 Beers at HT came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet3 Beers at HT came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet3 Beers at HT came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet3 Beers at HT came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet3 Beers at HT came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
"Overground, underground,
Wombling free,
You Norbiton c*nts,
Have got no history"

F*ck KFC Norbiton and all their chip-on-the-shoulder ungrateful 'fans'.

Shame on you LE.
Old 15-05-2013, 04:34 PM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Quote:
I heard Hussey's wages were paid for his short term contract by a wealthy fan but the club didnt want to break its wage structure for him. I guess that would explain it.

Keep hoping Appiah will go there for a spell.
We certainly could gain from a collaboration where we send 2-3 youngsters over there, fairly local on loan. Banton, Parsons, and De Silva all went on Loan to various League 2 clubs last season. I remember when we loaned Djilali to Chesterfield he really struggled with the move being so far away.
Old 15-05-2013, 04:38 PM

Charlie Sheringham also linked.
Old 15-05-2013, 04:43 PM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Quote:
Charlie Sheringham also linked.
Bit injury prone but with Darko and Alexander's loans finished other than Jack Midson they really don't have any renowned strikers right now.

Goalkeeper is an issue too... With Seb Brown going on loan to Woking, Ardley clearly doesn't rate him, and Jaimez-Ruiz is pants.
Old 15-05-2013, 04:45 PM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
Quote:

It goes back way before that L.E. - I watched some of Wimbledon's earliest games in the Football League after they were elected in to the League in 1977 (not as a fan - I used to 'groundhop' alot and also watch other London games aswell as following Palace home and away).

Their fans hated Ron Noades (who was their owner until trying to merge them with Palace, when he bought CPFC in early 1981 - taking their 'young' manager, Dario Gradi to Selhurst Park).

Noades went back to try and sign Dave Bassett from Wimbledon after sacking Alan Mullery as Palace boss in 1984 - Bassett agreed to join,but went back to Plough Lane after just 3 days - Noades turning to Steve Coppell instead - the rest is history.

There were some nasty scenes at both Plough Lane and Selhurst Park that season (1984/85) - Wimbledon winning 3-2 at PL with fights in all stands - and after they beat Palace 5-0 at SP, there was a near riot outside the Main Stand, as Palace fans called for the head of Ron Noades!
Old 15-05-2013, 04:48 PM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Oh Uncle Ron, not just hated in South East London.
Old 15-05-2013, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Bit injury prone but with Darko and Alexander's loans finished other than Jack Midson they really don't have any renowned strikers right now.

Goalkeeper is an issue too... With Seb Brown going on loan to Woking, Ardley clearly doesn't rate him, and Jaimez-Ruiz is pants.

I reckon they'll sign Alexander and Sullivan [Neil or John] this summer.

Ardley's reputation came from managing Cardiff youth so I may be wrong on this as you'd imagine he'll be looking at players younger than Neil Sullivan or Gary Alexander.

They did flood their team with loanees last season though, made them difficult to follow as every time I turned up as a neutral I wouldn't know any of the team.
Old 15-05-2013, 04:58 PM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Yes... Darko, Meades and Sainte-Luce Ardley worked with at Cardiff.

I can imagine Sullivan as Back up keeper / coach... He'll be 42 this time next year.